Forums

Charging Summary

Charging Summary

Hi, I have another boring question. When the car is finished charging do you get a summary of how much juice it drew? This would be handy for paying folks who are kind enough to let you charge from their household electricity.

I'm not talking about hooking into a North American 120V outlet for an hour. I have a farmer friend who has a 3-phase outlet where I might charge up to 40 kWh per night when I'm visiting. Electricity rates here are between $0.15 and $0.32 per kWh, so over time it's not peanuts.

Carl Thompson | 14 April, 2017

If the Tesla is like some of the other EVs I've owned the app or website will give you that information. I don't own a Tesla currently so someone who does will need to confirm.

Carl

Lonestar10_1999 | 14 April, 2017

This information would also be necessary when using the car for business and a record of expenses is required.

Red Sage ca us | 14 April, 2017

Data is shown on the screen as the car is charging and remains when done. Check Bjørn Nyland's page at YouTube (teslabjorn) for numerous examples of charging.

stevenmaifert | 14 April, 2017

Model S will display the kWh consumed (added) during a charging session. There are some minor losses between the utility meter and the car, but that figure is good enough for reimbursing someone kind enough to let you charge, particularly if you round up. I suspect the M3 will also have that feature.

M3München | 14 April, 2017

Thank you, Steven.

Steves United!

(my name in real life is Steve)

Bighorn | 14 April, 2017

Yes