Forums

news of the tesla 3

news of the tesla 3

what is the point of an mytesla account the one news I receive is via Google media
sorry Elton not good enough

carolheal37 | 16 April, 2017

tesla 3 ordered March 16

KP in NPT | 16 April, 2017

Elton!!!!!!!! hahahaha

The purpose of your mytesla page is not to disseminate news.

jon | 16 April, 2017

Who is Elton? Lol

Badbot | 16 April, 2017

Elton IS SPELL checks pet name for Elon

hoffmannjames | 16 April, 2017

The My Tesla page is not about news but is where you manage your Tesla car. For example, when you place an order, the My Tesla page is where you will make a payment, change options, get trade in value, save your insurance info, get owner's documents, get delivery date, etc... And when you own a Tesla, the My Tesla page is where you can see your car's details and purchase upgrades. Right now, you've just reserved a Model 3, which is why that is all the info you are seeing right now. But when you actually place your order for a Model 3, you will see a lot more info.

mntlvr23 | 16 April, 2017

My favorite song by Elton was "Take me to the (auto)Pilot"
But who could forget Rocket Man and Skyline Pigeon

flwrman | 17 April, 2017

Elon, I ordered my M3 20 min after the doors opened in Fremont. I live about 4 miles from the factory! Will I be placing my order from an inventory that Tesla configured, stored in one of the many buioldings you have recently rented or bought, and hope there is one in my price range. Or will I be given a chance to order upgrades without losing my spot (whever that is) ???? Or will I die of old age, (82 yrs young) before I get mine !!!!

dd.micsol | 17 April, 2017

@flwr-all cars will be exactly the same except for paint for fast building and delivering. So he'll be building as many as he can in all colors. All you'll need to do if you want a car right now is pick the 35k car with what color paint you want. If one exists that isn't sold-it's yours. You'll have a great chance to get one in the first month or 2. Depending on how fast he fulfills employee orders. It is highly probable that these cars being built are for empoyees who have already configured their cars and are being built and stored for super fast delivery. This would not surprise me at all since the car is now done completely.

dd.micsol | 17 April, 2017

@flwr if by the way you want options.... you'll just have to wait it out like he said-6-9 months.

JayInJapan | 17 April, 2017

Pinocchio got a long nose for these kinds of stories...

topher | 17 April, 2017

" you'll just have to wait it out like he said-6-9 months."

Another lying FUDster gets the plonk.

Thank you kindly.

Frank99 | 17 April, 2017

flwrman -
There is a rumor that Tesla will initially build "standard" configurations, so the fastest delivery would be choosing from among one of the "standard" configurations. That's purely a rumor, but it might make initial production easier and faster, so it's seems like a decent possibiltiy.

I would guess that they'll have the Studio up and running, with a percentage of the production line dedicated to custom builds. This means that you'll be able to custom design your car like always, but delivery might be delayed (who knows by how much). Perhaps when you get done with your custom design you'd get a message like "Expected delivery for this configuration: Dec 2017. HOWEVER, this standard configuration over here is nearly the same, except for the optional coat hooks that you requested, and delivery on it will be October 2017."

Anyway, just my opinion on how things might go, and as they say, everybody has one.

Nexxus | 17 April, 2017

My favorite was "Grow Some Funk of Your Own". "Goodbye Yellowbrick Road" and "Your Sister Can't Twist but She Can Rock N' Roll" were good too.

SamO | 17 April, 2017

@Frank99,

What's the difference between batching (how Tesla started production on Model S) and "standard configurations"?

PhillyGal | 17 April, 2017

Roof: body colored, glass, pano
Interior: leather, textile
Wheels: standard or larger
Etc, etc etc

No, all cars will NOT be the same besides paint.

burdogg | 17 April, 2017

@PhillyGal - do you think there will still be a body colored roof with the latest development on the S side? I don't know how all things have shaken out with the 3 - but my impression from the initial reveal was the All glass would be standard. Then I thought later Musk said there would be a metal roof option. Now I wonder if they scrapped the metal roof.

Any thoughts?

jordanrichard | 17 April, 2017

burdogg, The Model 3 will have an all glass roof from the B-Post all the way back to the trunk. What is not know is what roof option there will be from the windshield to the B-pillars. At the reveal, one of the engineers made mention of a metal roof being standard with fixed glass and a glass sunroof as an option. Now that was a year ago, so nobody outside Tesla knows for sure about that part of the roof.

Frank99 | 17 April, 2017

SamO -
I wasn't around for the Model S launch, so I'm not sure how it was done. Were full configurations (everything from batteries to interior trim and paint) "batched", or was it batched by specific items (build all the 85's first, but each one was custom configured by the customer)?
The rumor spread by cleantechnica (https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/16/tesla-likely-begin-model-3-producti...) suggested "more of an inventory sales approach". As an example, this morning I configured a Model S 75 (wishful thinking based on the price drop), and in a window below the delivery estimate I was being shown "close match" Inventory vehicles. My guess is that the same model will work for the Model 3 - you can custom configure your Model 3, but the delivery date will be longer than taking one of the suggested "close match" vehicles.

SamO | 17 April, 2017

I'm not sure whether cars were batched just for paint or for dual motor or for particular pack size, @Frank99.

But there there was inventory at the end of the quarter at the Culver City "pop-up" delivery center, so I won't disagree in principle.

However, when S launchd, people couldn't jump the line by buying inventory. Inventory was test drive vehicles with a few thousand miles and a bit extra wear on the seats.

Haggy | 17 April, 2017

"Elton IS SPELL checks pet name for Elon"

No, you are thinking of Leon Musk.

mntlvr23 | 17 April, 2017

Maybe Leon, or maybe even Levon.

Levon, Levon likes his money. Spends his days counting ...

SoFlaModel3 | 17 April, 2017

This thread is the primary reason why I left this site (though here I go posting).

"There is a rumor that there will only be standard configurations at launch".

Honestly wtf.

That rumor has been started by dd, a troll on this site and now repeated within this thread.

Elon tweeted there would be a 6-9 month delay on performance models and dual motors.

He made no mention of anything else.

If there were going to be no options at launch, he wouldn't have been so specific with his tweet.

Come on people... stop taking the posts of trolls as fact. It's sad!

Frank99 | 17 April, 2017

SoFlaModel3 -
Well, the rumor I linked traces back through Cleantechnica to the guy running the Model 3 Owners Club:
https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/tesla-is-moving-to-more-of-an-inven...

dd can be blamed for a lot of things, but unless he runs M3OC, he can't be blamed for this one. He may have been the first to bring it here, but IMHO discussing rumors is about 95% of what we do here, and a perfectly valid pastime. A lot of rumors get squashed when the broader community brings their knowledge and insight to bear; and a lot more get fleshed out and seem mighty likely for the same reason.

If all you want is facts, follow Elon on Twitter.

SoFlaModel3 | 17 April, 2017

@Frank, that thread suggests that an inventory sales approach is coming, not that the initial cars will be base models. Those are 2 very different things.

Frank99 | 17 April, 2017

Yup, I fully agree with you.
But how is "inventory sales" different from the "standard configurations" phrase that you objected to?

I looked at "Inventory sales" today when I priced a custom Model S 75 - remarkably, all of the recommended "inventory" models were at least $20K higher than the custom order I'd filled out (75 RWD, PUP, EAP, in Blue). I wouldn't worry about availability of high-optioned Model 3's if they continue to follow their current Inventory model...

SoFlaModel3 | 18 April, 2017

@Frank, look at what dd said. "All cars will be the same except for paint". "Pick the $35k car you want in the color you want".

That's the trolling I was talking about. Building standard configurations is not.