Forums

How to get a tour of the Giga factory?

How to get a tour of the Giga factory?

russ | 25 June, 2017

So I have seen posts of people who had a tour of the factories but how do you a) get invited b) sign up...anyone know? Heading to Reno this summer and wanted to take my son to see it. Any advice is welcomed in advance, thanks.

Russ

russ | 25 June, 2017

Giga factory...spell correct error

reed_lewis | 25 June, 2017

In the last referral program ( the one that ended June 15), if you had one referral you got tickets for four to visit the Giga Factory.

I do not know if that is four individual tickets or a single ticket for four people.

As is typical of Tesla in terms of rewards fulfilment, it might be a few months before people get those tickets, but perhap someone who has received that reward can share (if that is possible).

TeslaTap.com | 25 June, 2017

@reed - It was far harder to snag tickets to the GF tour - you had to have 5 referrals (or was it 10?).

So far no new tours are being offered. I expect once the factory is going at full steam, they may offer tours like the Fremont factory tours - at least I hope so!

reed_lewis | 26 June, 2017

According to this page: https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

It says this:

March 16, 2017 - June 15, 2017
Customers who order a new Model S or Model X using the referral link of a Tesla owner will get a $1,000 credit towards the purchase price. To show our appreciation, referring owners will be eligible for our Referral Program awards.

Current Phase
Owners can refer up to 9 friends during the current phase of the program, lasting from March 16 to June 15, 2017.

Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X and Private SpaceX Tours
Each qualified referral customers make gives them an additional entry into our Referral Program drawings:

Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X + Private SpaceX Tour: One referrer will win a Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X as well as a private tour for four of the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, including travel and accommodations. SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. SpaceX headquarters is not open to the public.
SpaceX Tour: Five referrers will win a tour for four of the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, including travel and accommodations.
7+ Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 7 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for themselves and a guest to attend our Model 3 delivery event.

5+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 5 or more qualifying referrals will receive an exclusive red Founders Series Powerwall 2. This limited edition Powerwall is not available to the public.

3+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 3 qualifying referrals will receive a Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids. This miniature driveable electric Model S includes working headlights, sound system, and charge port.

2+ Qualifying Referrals
Those who make 2 or more referrals will receive a rolling Tesla carry-on.

1+ Qualifying Referrals
Everyone who makes a qualifying referral will receive a pass for 4 to tour the Tesla Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada.

It was just one referral for the Giga Factory tour.

TeslaTap.com | 26 June, 2017

@reed - Thanks, I didn't see that last one. Nice!

jjt2122 | 17 June, 2019

Has anyone tried to get gigafactory tour tickets recently? I just did the Fremont factory tour but since We are in northern Cali, we can drive to the gig factory in 4 hours