Forums

3 months maybe, 6 months definetly...

3 months maybe, 6 months definetly...

I listened to the entire earnings call,

FSD Demo in 6 months - Latest.

Rolled out to customers right after...

Key thing that I heard that wasnt reported...
- investor asked Elon about the increasing revenue stream for the EAP & FSD...

If i heard correctly he said “yeah we could also charge 4-5 thousand for FSD when its available.”

Go listen to the call - 1:01:38 is the moment he says it.

I know we joke about “elon time”.

But if i definetly see AP improvements in the next 3 months i think we should all buy FSD because....that price is definetly going up.

Thoughts?

SO | 8 February, 2018

Even if Tesla gets FSD perfect tomorrow, it will take a while for regulations to catch up.

T35LA | 8 February, 2018

With "beta FSD" regulations could be avoided. Car has FSD capabilities, but all responsibility is on driver.
I just wondering.

djjohnny110 | 8 February, 2018

I think thats the way they should go. Kind of a cheat. But anything to be able to sleep in the car.

Madatgascar | 8 February, 2018

Sleep in a Tesla "beta" FSD? Are you out of your mind?

EVRider | 8 February, 2018

I responded to the other copy of this topic before I saw this one, so here it is again (please delete your duplicate thread):

Even if FSD was technically ready for customer use in 6 months (which it won’t be), regulatory approval will take longer than that. I was very surprised to hear Elon make that statement during the call — that’s not Elon time, that’s just crazy. :-)

djjohnny110 | 8 February, 2018

Not out of my mind, i just have extreme faith in technology. Proof is in the cross country drive and i think they need an intense NYC demo with taxis criss crossing everywhere on construction covered bumpy roads with no lane markers. Of course the car would be beeped at like crazy for driving the speed limit and being conservative but if it could properly manuever through that, i think regulators should flip the switch like a lightbulb after seeing that. But yeah i dont believe it will be here in 6 months...we’ll see what happens. Just wanted to make this post to tel everyone if we do actually see improvements or more hints that they are on to something...we should buy it cause theyre deff gunna raise the price.

insfbayarea | 8 February, 2018

It took 1.5 year to recognize rain and all the AP2 near misses I'm living through - no way will FSD practically work any years soon.

EVRider | 9 February, 2018

@djjohnny110: To be clear, I wasn't calling you crazy. :-) I think it was crazy for Elon to make that statement during the call because there's no way customers will get coast-to-coast FSD 6 months from now. EAP is still struggling to do things that AP1 has been doing all along.

Benz | 9 February, 2018

Sometime during the next decade.

Gregg2353 | 12 February, 2018

I'm a big fan of Elon Musk, but I have to wonder when FSD will really be available. Many car manufacturers are testing their autonomous driving in California, but Tesla is not. I don't know how they will get approval if they are not testing it. I want to believe it is really coming soon, but I have my doubts. Steve Wozniak does too.

I'm a big fan of Elon Musk, but I have to wonder when FSD will really be available. Many car manufacturers are testing their autonomous driving in California, but Tesla is not. I don't know how they will get approval if they are not testing it. I want to believe it is really coming soon, but I have my doubts. Steve Wozniak does too.

Silver2K | 12 February, 2018

Gregg2353, tesla does not need dummy cars on the road, they have you logging the data for FSD

Madatgascar | 13 February, 2018

When it comes to FSD, when Elon says “months” I translate to years. Probably pretty accurate.