Forums

Took delivery yesterday

Took delivery yesterday

Picked up my Model 3 yesterday. Build quality was excellent. Looked at a few others in the lot while waiting and they were great as well. Don't understand all the FUD about build quality in the news. Only additional comment from what others have said already is that the screen is smaller than in the S so the icons and controls are a bit small and the screen is a bit busy requiring too many up and down swipes to control while driving. On the other hand, the center placed screen facing directly backwards allows easier front passenger interface, which is likely where cars are going in the future with full self drive.

The M3 is going to be a huge hit for Tesla at $35K. Be patient.

burdogg | 8 February, 2018

Nice - congrats! Good to see some different post on here.

I also think once the steering wheel control knobs get worked out correctly and voice control, the screen touches will go away :)

geoffalexander737 | 8 February, 2018

Birding, exactly--it's all going to be voice control, screen will be mostly superfluous.

Birding, exactly--it's all going to be voice control, screen will be mostly superfluous.

teslamodelx | 8 February, 2018

Congratulations! You will definitely fall in love with it as I did. I took delivery of my M3 end of December & loved it more the my newly upgraded MS! More sportier, roomier with a bunch of new features! Very refreshing indeed. Enjoy driving your new Model 3 :-)

chris.hansen | 8 February, 2018

Yeah - we need to get a more positive tone. Senseless bashing of Tesla on a forum is a waste of time because the cars are essentially great. No commentary is going to change that. I'm looking forward to the sw updates. Its fun to follow the progress - just like MS in 2013.

My take--Tesla is shooting to accomplish something massive and they have already delivered 90% of it; they are building a fantastic EV which will be relatively affordable and has the capability of improving itself over time. They are trying to change the way the world creates stores and consumes energy. It is a big deal and I support their mission one hundred percent, even though I'm not getting exactly what I want when I want it.

So for those who are frustrated to the point of cancellation--cancel. Skedaddle. Go to the automotive version of McDonalds and order a value meal and you will get crap that's bad for you and the planet cheaply and quickly. I prefer to wait for something that is going to be delicious and delightful and nourish me and make a difference in the world.

My take--Tesla is shooting to accomplish something massive and they have already delivered 90% of it; they are building a fantastic EV which will be relatively affordable and has the capability of improving itself over time. They are trying to change the way the world creates stores and consumes energy. It is a big deal and I support their mission one hundred percent, even though I'm not getting exactly what I want when I want it.

So for those who are frustrated to the point of cancellation--cancel. Skedaddle. Go to the automotive version of McDonalds and order a value meal and you will get crap that's bad for you and the planet cheaply and quickly. I prefer to wait for something that is going to be delicious and delightful and nourish me and make a difference in the world.

the.videologists | 8 February, 2018

@chris.hansen Where are you located? How long from when you configured online did it take to get your delivery date, and then ultimately take delivery?

chris.hansen | 8 February, 2018

Portland,OR. Invite 1/18. Could have gotten is as early as 2/4.

the.videologists | 8 February, 2018

Nice. I configured 2/4. Currently playing the waiting game!

Raffim | 8 February, 2018

“Hi, I’m Chris Hansen...”

sbeggs | 8 February, 2018

@Raffim,
Good one!

Raffim | 8 February, 2018

Lol @sbeggs... thanks!

ReD eXiLe ms us | 8 February, 2018

Geoff is correct.

eleestein | 9 February, 2018

I took delivery on 2/6. Panel alignment and build quality are excellent. Driving the Model 3 you realize how solid this car drives. No rattles or noises of any kind. You hit a bump and it’s a nice low thud. Feels like the future.

Paul.r.freedman | 14 February, 2018

II was a non-owner and took delivery yesterday (February 13th). Bought it off EBay. 260 miles. I have 320 miles now. I think EAP is still calibrating, because it has scared the living crap out of me a several times. So far, EAP plays chicken on freeway merges. In traffic , it doesn’t try to zipper in — it demands to go right — and into the car in the adjacent lane. It’s also jerky on lane changes, and sometimes forgets to change lanes until you cancel and try again. Other than that, not sure if auto park is there because it has yet to “offer” to park for me. But I consider myself luck to have my M3 so soon. I know there are several out in the SF bay, but I yet to see one on the road except for mine.

johnse | 15 February, 2018

Congrats @Paul. That's one way to jump the line. I hope the premium you paid wasn't too high :)

Keep Grinning!!!