Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

Triggerplz | 26 May, 2018

O Boy, O well at least they hosted 3

Saxman | 27 May, 2018

@Burdogg

It seems that you and I should quality for that timeframe.

Do we have to do anything to put in our claim, or do they already have that information.

Thanks

Triggerplz | 27 May, 2018

@Saxman you will able to get some more Sippy Cups :-)

Vawlkus | 28 May, 2018

Cheers burdogg, I’d do the same if I ever leave the safety of the Model X forum. :P

jjgunn | 28 May, 2018

5 Star safety in here ***** !!

burdogg | 28 May, 2018

@Saxman - Yes I am sure ours would actually qualify for the max amount as I bet the amount is based on how soon you purchased - as the whole settlement is dealing with the delays - the closer you got your car to when they had EAP working as good as AP 1. the less you probably get.

I have mixed feelings on it - did we get screwed over a little - yes, as it did take them a lot longer to get us anything useful then if we had been able to get the old system. BUT, I understand everything that happened, and while Tesla maybe could have been more transparent, I truly was not hurt or felt like I lost anything because of it (now those with Leases, sure). So do I really feel that Tesla owes me something for it? I personally don't, as I didn't feel it caused me any harm/damage. But that is just me - I am not sue happy...yes, I get the reasons for it, and companies need to be held accountable, but some things like this, I don't know any other way they could have gotten EAP...they lost Mobileye, which forced their hand to make a transition - again, more transparency, but I also think it was way harder then they thought it was going to be...

Saxman | 29 May, 2018

@burdogg
Im with you. I dont feel that was much of an issue that I would want to sue. However, if Tesla agreed to the settlement, and we are entitled, then I won't turn down the money.

@trigger
I can only fit 2 sippy cups in my X at a time, so I think I'm good for now...but thanks for looking out for me. ☺

Triggerplz | 29 May, 2018

@Saxman in the words of Lilbean Ha Ha Ha :-)

Tropopause | 31 May, 2018

I’m applying my $20 towards my base Model 3 late 2018. Still waiting and perfectly happy.

lilbean | 31 May, 2018

You'll love it, Tropo!

Thanks, Beaner!

lilbean | 31 May, 2018

It’s so quiet in the 3, not creaky at all.

Unless you believe Consumer Reports. ;)

lilbean | 31 May, 2018

Ha! CR is lame.

Triggerplz | 31 May, 2018

I google Triggerplz and some of my post from this forum came up WTH

Triggerplz | 1 June, 2018

If you google Lilbean it comes up "Lilbean Tesla" then some of Lilbean post comes up.. I'm not gonna try Burdogg as I don't have time to read any google comments on him if they anywhere as long as his post :-)

ckcland2 | 1 June, 2018

Not sure who was lurking on this forum then but a couple of years ago there was this guy from CR who was pissed at Tesla for some reason and posted that he was going to give Tesla a bad rating in retaliation for whatever wrong he felt happened. I recall googling his user name and he did work for CR and was in charge of their auto review "division". When I challenged him he deleted his post. I wish I saved it....

burdogg | 1 June, 2018

Come on Triggerplz - you know you googled me - you just couldn't help yourself...

lilbean | 1 June, 2018

Wow! That’s crazy!

lilbean | 1 June, 2018
jjgunn | 1 June, 2018

MX scheduled to get built beginning June 4th.

Why does the clock look like it's moving backwards??

I'll go play Sudoku or something

burdogg | 1 June, 2018

jjgunn - if only it worked that way for my hair too - clock really needs to move backwards to help me out there. :)

Yea Burdogg but if the clock goes back to far you gonna be a single man again, reminds of this guy who divorced his wife he said he plays the video of his wedding backwards so he can see him taking the ring off her finger and seeing her getting out of the limo:-)

burdogg | 1 June, 2018

Good point! I have the best wife and would HATE to be single...so I guess I will keep my lack of hair just to keep my fantastic wife! :)

There was this joke about a guy who was losing his hair he went to the doctor about it the doctor told him to rub the bald spot on his wife's "upper thigh area" once a day for 2 weeks when he went back to the doctors office he had a mustache and a beard :-)

bob | 1 June, 2018

@ Triggerplz - now you're trying to get 'bean in trouble again!

Saxman | 2 June, 2018

@Trigger

I also googled Burdogg.

My tablet responded..."Not enough memory", blew up!

Triggerplz | 2 June, 2018

@Saxman Lmao

jjgunn | 2 June, 2018
Triggerplz | 2 June, 2018

@Bob That wasn't for Lilbean plus she already in trouble with her menstruation comment :-)

burdogg | 2 June, 2018

Wow - I didn't know I was that famous jjgunn - nice find :)

burdogg | 2 June, 2018

oh and Saxman - you probably should trade in that 1989 computer for something a little more updated :)

(that was a good one I must admit though :)

Saxman | 2 June, 2018

Thanks @trigger

@burdogg
Always remember...We only trash talk, the ones we love.

Triggerplz | 3 June, 2018

What ever happen to Silver? no hear from, He drove into another hole or something :-)

jjgunn | 4 June, 2018

Well boys & girls....I did the deed....I applied for financing.

Wish me luck....otherwise I'll see you on the road while I'm driving a Toyota Yaris with 240,000 miles on it....& frowning.

Vawlkus | 4 June, 2018

I not wish you luck, I wish you VICTORY! :D

burdogg | 4 June, 2018

Agreed! Victory :)

Funny how going into debt can bring a smile to our faces :)))) (that just does not sound right.)

Triggerplz | 4 June, 2018
burdogg | 4 June, 2018

Yeah, I was in that thread discussing the issues :)

Triggerplz | 6 June, 2018

I just stopped in to bump this from the second page now Im out
https://imgur.com/a/vPS8A

jjgunn | 6 June, 2018

Vawlkus | June 4, 2018
I not wish you luck, I wish you VICTORY! :D
-----------

I am declaring VICTORY! Thanks Vawlkus (Financing approved)

DS e-mailed me - stated he will get my MX to me before end of the month.

I asked him to be #199,999 on the evening of June 30th - he said, there is no way we can know. haha

I tried - I asked & tried

Silver2K | 6 June, 2018

I'm still know as "silverp85plus" on google searches

https://www.google.com/search?ei=E5wYW56NLYjQjwTxma2IAQ&q=silverp85plus&...

Silver2K | 6 June, 2018

did you guys know that enterprise handles loaners now? I dropped off my car today and enterprise got my tesla ready at the service center. according to my SA, Mt. Kisco no longer handles loaners.

the 75d loaner I got was base model, but it was so quiet because of the glass roof. The one thing I did not like was EAP not being available.

Vawlkus | 7 June, 2018

Tesla has had an agreement with Enterprise for loaners for a while now. I didn’t know Enterprise had Tesla cars in their stable, but it honestly doesn’t surprise me.

Silver2K | 7 June, 2018

speed is not limited :)

burdogg | 7 June, 2018

speed - um it sure should be limited - that drug will destroy you Silver :)

Silver2K | 9 June, 2018

I did that once. I thought I was dying and never did it again!

Triggerplz | 9 June, 2018

X an S may be getting over 400 mile range on a single charge
https://electrek.co/2018/06/09/tesla-battery-energy-density-cost-breakth...

jjgunn | 9 June, 2018

"Such an improvement in volumetric energy density would mean that Tesla could, for example, fit 130 kWh of energy capacity in its current Model S and Model X 100 kWh battery packs and push the range of those vehicles over 400 miles on a single charge."

----------
So this would only require a software update? or would we need "extra" rare earth metals added to our existing 100 kWh batteries?

Triggerplz | 9 June, 2018

I highly doubt it can be done with a software update

Pages