Submitted by SLev on November 18, 2013
After months of gleaning lots of very helpful information from this forum, it's only right that I give a little back -- so here are my thoughts on my P85+ after 48 hours:
1. Wow. I mean, just... wow.
2. I still can't believe the acceleration. Like the California Adventure Roller Coaster that rockets off the line.
3. The storage capacity is phenomenal. Everything that I kept in my Mercedes S Class trunk now fits in the compartment below the trunk in the Model S. This car is a ridiculous combination of exotic sports car performance and practicality. The lack of center hump is a huge plus.
4. The leather on the seats is much nicer and smoother than I expected.
5. I'm 6'4" (torso tall), so I wish the seats would lower a bit more.
6. The car is so advanced in so many ways that its shortcomings (for a $100K+ car) are annoying: No active cruise control, no collision avoidance, cheap stock headliner, mediocre overpriced sound system.
7. Slacker integration is great. Lame that it doesn't come with an XM/Sirius trial.
8. Turn by turn directions needs traffic info integration a la Waze.
9. I don't think I care about the lack of center console. Forces me to keep things clean and organized.
10. I love the regenerative mode when I take my foot off the accelerator. I also turned creep to Off. In stop and go LA traffic, I use my brakes soooo much less.
11. I agonized over my color choice. Very happy with Blue/black interior. Gorgeous color. I probably would have been thrilled with whatever color I ordered (so don't overthink it. Stick with your first choice and be happy.)
12. This car is wider than my S Class (mirror to mirror), so I'm glad I got the folding mirrors (tight garage door).
13. I wish it had LTE instead of just 3G.
14. I think I may be done with ICE cars. I've had several Porsches, Mercedes, BMWs, etc. This feels better. I've driven lots of exotics including Lamborghinis, Ferraris and the Bugotti Veyron. This is just as fun. What I save in gas, I'll be spending on tires.
15. I don't miss the roaring exhaust of those sports cars. This sounds like a jet engine. This sounds (and feels) like the future.
Thanks for all the great info! Drive safe!