Forums

Would someone please measure cargo length inside Model 3 using a tape measure?

Would someone please measure cargo length inside Model 3 using a tape measure?

Would someone please measure cargo length inside Model 3 using a tape measure? I am looking for the maximum length you can fit with rear seats folded and passenger seat pushed as far forward as possible.

Also, how about going diagonally from behind passenger seat to opposite rear inside trunk?

Thanks!

spockagain34 | May 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DT0vDMWsq4&t=234s

Around the 10 minute mark of that video they start doing all sorts of measurements on the trunk.

lilbean | May 11, 2018

Funny. I just measured diagonally yesterday. Too short for my snowboard. 52" I think.

lilbean | May 11, 2018

54"

dgstan | May 11, 2018

I'm assuming a 8' long 2"x4" could be loaded if you slide it between the front seats. I can do it in the Prius, and I expect this to be longer.

lilbean | May 11, 2018

Yes. That would definitely fit. It’s approximately 9 ft. of space available.

Cowbell | May 11, 2018

Will a 2”x4”x8’ fit without hitting the screen?

Cowbell | May 11, 2018

D’oh! I should have refreshed the page. Great to hear that 8’ lumber fits!

billlake2000 | May 11, 2018

However, a little caution is suggested. You DO NOT want your two by four to clash with the dash trim. Shop responsibly.

jeremyfdavidson | May 12, 2018

52-54 inches sounds like the diagonal length in trunk with rear seats up. I am looking for the length with rear seats *folded down* and passenger seat pushed as far forward as possible (no passenger sitting there). The youtube video above, gives an estimate and shows a 5'10" person lying down behind the driver seat, so it's at least that length, but they only had a 60" tape measure.

So, the question still remains: would someone please be willing to get the measurement I'm looking for in the original post above?

Thanks again!

SamO | May 12, 2018

@jeremyfdavidson,

I recently purchased an REI camping mattress which fits to the end of the back seat, with the seat laid down, It is 72" long.

https://www.rei.com/product/870757/rei-co-op-camp-bed-35-self-inflating-...

Depending on how far up you move the front seat forward, my friend who is 6'6" was able to lie comfortably with luggage on the floor of the rear and a pillow on top. That would be ~78".

lilbean | May 12, 2018

I measured 9 feet. I'm a size 6.

camprut | May 20, 2019

Hello - Can you PLEASE tell me what is diagonal dimension of rear trunk with sits up?
I want to carry a musical keyboard sometimes..

Magic 8 Ball | May 20, 2019

You want to carry your keyboard with your sits up?

I am having trouble figuring out the typo.

lilbean | May 20, 2019

Sit-ups and crunches are so good for the core.

camprut | May 20, 2019

Sorry for the typo. Yes I would like to carry musical keyboard (digital piano) That is long like 1326mm (52,2 in) if it goes in diagonal. I have Lexus RX450h for now and I am thinking of smaller Tesla 3. Tesla S is too expensive for me.

Large 3 dimensional objects are difficult to measure for. Your best bet is to rent one or see if you get get your hands on one for a trial fit.

camprut | May 20, 2019

It is not large It is https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/p_series/p-...
with a soft cover. What is the exaxt dimension of diagonal i Tesla 3 and what is the width of Tesla S? In my Lexus I can put it normlaly on the width, no diagonal. It fits.

It is difficult to give exact since there are different dimensions across the back. I sat in the back and with doors closed the narrowest was about 1300mm (inside of armrest to inside of armest). If you lay it straight across on top of the armrests or at a slight angle you have about 1400mm. I don't see a problem at all.

camprut | May 20, 2019

Magic 8 Ball, thank you for helping me out, I am not in the US so it will take sometimes until I will be able to rent a Tesla, I will try to find one here soon. But to understand properely. Width of the keyboard is 1326mm and depthis 295 mm. You can buy a different keyboad thats width is: Nord Piano 4: 1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4") - which is a bit less lenght. This is the most you can do to have the full 88 keys keyboard.
What have you measured? I was thingking of measuring the rear trunk with seats in a normal position. And diagonal in the trunk

Okay, I misunderstood. You want it in the trunk with seats up. It is tight but I think you can do it. The keyboard would probably have to lay across trunk on a diagonal laying on an edge. It may be easier to get it in by lowering a back seat, getting it in, and the putting seat back up. It is too tight to say it will absolutely fit without a test fit, IMO.

Hopefully someone who has same keyboard can pipe in.

camprut | May 20, 2019

Or maybe it will fit behind the headboard?Under the rear window?

camprut | May 20, 2019

Headrests, how to name it..

The object in the picture measures 1400mm long by 300mm wide at the end deepest in trunk. I don't think you will have a problem. Of course if you fold he rear seats down you can probably get about 20 or more of those keyboards in the car.

https://imgur.com/a/nNrTU98

camprut | May 20, 2019

Thank you. It is hard to have an impassion as your camera works as a FishEye...