Forums

Lease AutoPay

Lease AutoPay

So i recently leased a model S on June 2nd and had thought that I could pay the monthly payments online. After trying to pay today I realized that this is not possible and looked at the 3 options and decided to go with the autopay. Tesla actually never sent me anything and my payment is due early next week. Will I get some kind of confirmation from them or will it just automatically come out of the bank account and something I will have to watch for?

Thank You

reed_lewis | June 27, 2018

Tesla will not send you anything. It is the leasing company that sends you the payment info. Who is the company that you signed forms for to pay the lease?

junglcmndo | June 27, 2018

Yeah I thought this too, however it says Lessor is Tesla motors PA,inc. I cannot find any other names listed on lease agreement

EVRider | June 27, 2018

Where are you located? In the US, Tesla’s leasing partner is US Bank (or at least it has been).

If Tesla is leasing to you directly, you’ll need to ask them if your autopay takes effect in time for the first payment.

Yeah I’m in the US, I’ll give them a call, thanks

Just an update for everyone if they had the same question as myself. I filled out an ACH form for Tesla and emailed it to TeslaFinance and it seems like it will now be auto deducted from my bank account on the same day of every month. I did not have to go through US Bank(not sure if they're still doing the leasing). Also was told by rep that within the next couple months they will be setting up an online portal for payments.

EVRider | June 27, 2018

Sounds like an improvement. When I started my Model S lease in 2016, in order to set up automatic payments I had to download a form from the US Bank web site and mail it in. Tesla was not involved.

SUN 2 DRV | June 27, 2018

If it's a choice you might consider using a scheduled payment using bill pay from your banking account. That way you have control over when (and if) future payments get made, but unless you intervene they will still occur automatically.

manzoneteam | May 21, 2019

manzoneteam