Forums

Anyone got the All weather Floor mats from Tesla for Model 3? How are they?

Anyone got the All weather Floor mats from Tesla for Model 3? How are they?

Just noticed the all weather floor mats are available from Tesla. Anyone got them already? Wanted to know how they compare to the 3D Maxspider ones.

gmr6415 | October 31, 2018

There is a post here from a week or so ago talking about how great they look and fit. Try searching the forum using http://volkerize.com

I ordered mine about 10 days ago, but haven't received a shipping notice yet. I would assume they are back ordered.

g.newell2 | October 31, 2018

I received mine two days ago after waiting way too long for the Maxspider set I had ordered from Amazon. In fact Amazon has stopped listing those, apparently as a result of their unavailability. Living in Wisconsin, I can't wait around, uncertain if they will ever arrive. That said, I think I would rather have the Maxspider set, mainly because the edges of the Tesla set protrude were little, providing much less protection from salty slush escaping onto the carpeting underneath. The Tesla set looks looks better and fits very well, but they are obvious designed by someone who does not live in the snow belt! If you do too, I'd advise waiting for the Maxspiders.

sterickson | October 31, 2018

Or the ones from Tuxmat.

RJMIII | October 31, 2018

I live in a moderate climate (Northern Virginia). So, I can't disagree with the above sentiments.

However, I have the mats and I like both the look and feel of them. They fit nicely and are more than adequate to protect my carpet from the level of mud/water I bring in on my shoes.

Magic 8 Ball | October 31, 2018

I have not read one thread where someone had both types of mat to make a comparison.

vkpsari | October 31, 2018

Thanks for the responses. I have the Max spiders on order and was debating if I should go the Tesla route. Just reading the forum threads and viewing the look of Maxspiders and the raised lip, I have decided to wait for the Maxspiders to be delivered.

Bummer, the Tesla mats are great and have a raised lip that conforms perfectly to the foot well areas.

awhiting | October 31, 2018

I have them and love them. Highly recommend. I've heard that the smell of others is pretty strong. These have no scent.

coleAK | October 31, 2018

The Tesla model S and X mats looke like (and I’m pretty sure are) Weathertech. The model 3 ones definitely are not. In Alaska (like WI) high sided rubber mats are a nessessity, up here year round. I ordered Kagu maxpider from autoeveryting.com but will replace them when Husky Or Weathertech make a lazerfit option for the 3.

Jiver | October 31, 2018

@coleAK - The M3 Tesla branded floor mats say "weathertech.com" on the bottom. They are either made by WeatherTech or WeatherTech paid for advertising space.

I live in Colorado and believe they will work well for me.

Burchell | October 31, 2018

I prefer the new tesla floor mats over the TuxMat. In fact I'm selling my tuxmat's on ebay.

Pierogi | October 31, 2018

Very happy with the Tesla Model 3 floor matts I bought on Tesla's website. I'll use these all year in the Colorado Rockies. They will be durable, easy to clean, and no concerns from my on snow, water, etc "running over" the edges to get the carpet dirty. I've seen the other matts out there and it makes no sense to me to pay more for the other brands.

geoffdorn | October 31, 2018

Got em, like em. perfect fit, no smell, I'd get them again. Great in the wet season here in Portland Oregon. There is a funky tab on one of the rear mats that I assume is to lock the two rear mats together, it seemed to create a bump and was unnecessary so I cut it off.

silverslim1 | October 31, 2018

We got the ToughPro mats. They came yesterday...mats for all the interior and both frunk and trunk (even the space under the trunk floor) for $199. They fit great and seem to be heavy duty. Look like they will do the job. We'll find out. Winter is coming to the great northeast!

RES IPSA | October 31, 2018

Tesla all weather mats are great. Fit perfectly and are functional.

There are a few other threads about mats and noticed that this thread does not mention that the mats coming from TESLA have the TESLA name molded in and that the mats are manufactured by Weather Tech.

gwolnik | October 31, 2018

Mine arrived today! The instructions said to remove the existing mats, I found a place in my garage rafters for them. Hope I remember to find them someday when I sell the car!

moabchick | October 31, 2018

My Tesla all weather mats arrived Monday and they look great!

RES IPSA | October 31, 2018

@gwolnik.... I found that the all weather mats fit nicely over the carpet mats in the back. But I did remove the carpet mats in the front

lilbean | October 31, 2018

+1 @awhiting

jbarabad | November 1, 2018

Got and installed mine yesterday. They look and feel great! Will probably get the all weather trunk and frunk mats next!

rozmanjoy | November 1, 2018

Have the floor mats in addition to the frunk and trunk mats from Tesla. All are of high quality and fit perfectly.

globalMan | November 1, 2018

Did you get the t/frunt mats a bit crumpled at the corners, due to the way it was packed?

I got mine that way.

Other than that they are very good.

AZTesla | November 1, 2018

The Max Spiders are the design that the Tesla mats should have been, with a garish 3D imprint on them to boot.

sigel62 | February 7, 2019

Installed weather tech trim to fit mats from Costco - they work great, 30 bucks

jimglas | February 7, 2019

Tesla mats (Weather tech) are nice

Dcressman | February 7, 2019

I love the ToughPro I bought on Amazon. All areas of the car look great, high tech look and super functional. Only $199 for all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BNDKPM8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...

thedrisin | February 7, 2019

Returned the Tesla matsand purchased the Husky Mogo mats. Heavy duty, great coverage.

natefl | February 7, 2019

I have had the Tesla all weather mats for a couple months. I love the look of them. I wish they were a little stiffer, you have to be careful if you are taking them out to clean. I have learned to grab all 4 corners so they don't spill. I did not have to do that with my BMW all weather mats in the past. Not a big deal once you get use to it though.

syclone | February 7, 2019

Very nice mats. They don't move around at all - a little tough to remove for cleaning. The 2 piece rear is very convenient. Probably not the best choice if you have a lot of snow, since they don't have very high sides. Very conservative attractive surface.

CharleyBC | February 7, 2019

We installed our Tesla winter mats a couple weeks ago. The rubber smell was pretty awful, which worried me at first, but it dissipated in a day or two. They fit perfectly, and stay put. And they make me feel less guilty when climbing in with muddy shoes. After vacuuming them in place, I wipe them down with a wet rag, and they look new again.

steevsteevsteev | February 7, 2019

I got them as a birthday present in December. I like them so much that I decided to shell out for the frunk and trunk mats too. That being said, I've never seen any of the other mats available so I'm not sure how they compare, but I'm happy with them.

ken.lunde | February 7, 2019

I tried the ToughPro interior mats in one of our M3s, but didn't like them, so they were returned. I then ordered the Tesla versions for both of our M3s, and we're very happy with them.

squashsilver | February 7, 2019

I am very happy with these mats from Amazon $85..can't beat the price

ToughPRO Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty - Black Rubber -2017-2019
by ToughPRO

swolfish | October 29, 2019

Those all weather floor mats look as very good and less expensive alternative to 3D MAXpider and also without the (annoying) logo.

bjrosen | October 29, 2019
rmstrzala | October 29, 2019

Bought mine just after my Model 3 purchase in Sept 2018
Look and work great. I would buy again.

OC.M3 | October 29, 2019

sorry random ques--how do I start a new thread?
Can't seem to find where.

Joseb | October 29, 2019

I got these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SBL81R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...

I really like them, plus it included some "free" cup holders/center console mats that I wasn't so sure about it, but I like those as well,

Very good price ($70), quality feels good, look nice, no crazy big logo of any kind, the extra cup holders/center console with the thin white line add a nice touch imo.

gmr6415 | October 29, 2019

I've had mine for over a year now and I love them.

pjwheeler83 | October 29, 2019

Got em, love em. Just wish the all- weather trunk/ frunk mats were made of the same material.

oleksiy.gubanov | December 1, 2019

Here is great all-weather alternative to original floor mats
https://taptes.com/products/taptes-3d-all-weather-floor-mats-for-tesla-m...
#TapTes3DFloorMats, #TeslaModel3FloorMats, #Model3FloorMats

Devilstower | December 2, 2019

I picked up the Tesla all-weather floor mats after looking at several other options, in part because they didn't have a massive red or white logo.

I've installed them, and as might be expected they fit well and do a good job.

raqball | December 2, 2019

I have the old version and they are fine..I also got the trunk and frunk mats..