Forums

What about part of the battery charge level portion as BLUE instead of green? -24° F. With picture.

What about part of the battery charge level portion as BLUE instead of green? -24° F. With picture.

Never seen part of the battery charge level as blue instead of green.

Anything to be alarmed about? Is it signifying perhaps a portion of the charge level dedicated to keeping the car warm?
Or maybe showing what portion was lost using to heat the car after the charge was complete last night?

Woke up today and its -24 ° F outside... yes that is normal temp not with wind chill.

Picture here of what I see.
http://arcadecup.com/tesla/icebat.JPG

CST | January 31, 2019

WINTER IS COMING!

Kathy Applebaum | January 31, 2019

@spockagain34 nice rickroll of rtfm. LOL

Since it wasn't easy to find, I will post the result of rtfm: "Note: In cold weather, some of the stored energy in the Battery may not be available until the Battery warms up. When this happens, a portion of the Battery meter is
blue and the driving distance value has a snowflake image next to it."

derotam | January 31, 2019

Did you read the manual? Check out page 52.

TAC | January 31, 2019

Thanks Kathy!!

In an dif spot than expected in the manual. Thought it would be page 122 battery info!

@spockagain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CorkChop | January 31, 2019

I don't know how many times we have questions like this which answers are easily found in the manual.

Mike UpNorth | January 31, 2019

I asked this question once...Its a little hard to find in the manual IMO

CharleyBC | January 31, 2019

I took that as a fun challenge, @Mike UpNorth. It turns out when searching the OM for the word "blue", the third hit has the answer to this question. :) (Search for whole word, or you get lots of "bluetooth" hits.)

Agreed. If you save it to a desktop as a PDF, right? Otherwise I can't remember seeing a search function.

Also I remember being a newbie and seeing something new and just freak out ask the question here instead of calmly and patiently RTFM :)

joe.lynn.atp | January 31, 2019

The manual doesn't give details of when this will show up. I live near Philadelphia, and I have never seen the snowflake on the battery, let alone a blue portion. I park in a garage at my house at night, and in a parking garage at work during the day. This morning, it was 30F in my garage, and 0F outside. I did charge for an hour right before leaving, and then the car sat outside for about 10 hours after I got to work (24 miles, not plugged in). The high today was about 14F, although it seems to be a little warmer in the garage: The car showed 24F on the touchscreen when I got in. Still no snowflake.

My friend at work sees it frequently on his car: We both have LR AWD. Any ideas why I never see it?