Forums

Model 3 as SDT Vehicle

Model 3 as SDT Vehicle

I've been impressed with the Model 3 beyond just being an excellent electric car. I wrote out my thoughts here: http://larrysletters.com/blog/2019/2/12/open-letter-to-elon-musk-tesla-3.... I'm interested in the forum's reaction.

eztider | February 14, 2019

Yeah, I had the same reaction when I saw the first iPhone. It was obvious that when the "keyboard" could be presented through software in an infinite variety of ways, devices with a static, physical keyboard were doomed. Good writing.

LadyGrey | February 14, 2019

Agreed.

SalisburySam | February 14, 2019

An enjoyable read, thanks for sharing. Did you get any response?

gballant4570 | February 14, 2019

What parameters make something software defined? I guess this is my first exposure to that term.

gballant4570 | February 14, 2019

Strike that question - after a few minutes reflection, its becoming clearer..... or answer - I'd still be curious to see a response.

jimglas | February 14, 2019

Nice!

TModel3Owner | February 14, 2019

SDT?

CST | February 14, 2019

That's a sexually transmitted disease for the dyslexic.

MRNot01 | February 14, 2019

I think I'm still gaining comprehension of the reality you've named, and I'm 7months in now. That said, on my drive home from delivery at the service center, I was already looking at all the ICEs around me and recognizing their obsolescence.

surfpearl | February 14, 2019

With all due respect, but your open letter is just stating the obvious. Color me unimpressed.

LarryZ | February 14, 2019

Thanks for reading it. @cst, made me laugh. And @surfpearl, just trying to figure things out. Glad you're ahead of me!

silverslim | February 14, 2019

Good letter LarryZ. Whether it's obvious to some it's probably not obvious to all. Your letter helps to make the point. Thanks.