Forums

Put the money where your mouth is Tesla

By now I am somewhat done with that referral program from Tesla.
Apparently, nobody on this planet knows when and if you will receive the claimed awards at all.
I am been waiting for my Wallmount charger and the Turbine wheels for more than 6 months.
Most bizarre is that Tesla simply deleted the data from the app and the website.
Mailing to the US makes no sense, I have been getting the same standard answer for months. also at the Tesla servicepoints, they refer you to Tesla referral program. We don't know anything.
A product enthusiastic but the after-sales Sucks .......

lilbean | March 14, 2019

Yeah, give me my free stuff now!

jjgunn | March 14, 2019

I've been waiting for my wheels & wall charger for about 6 months too.

waaaahhhhh, where's my free shit?!

LOL.... the entitlement is at an all-time high.

a.menting | March 14, 2019

How do you mean Free stuff, I gave Tesla more than 5 new car buyers. :-)

jimglas | March 17, 2019

I got my free stuff and my loot box disappeared the same day

inconel | March 18, 2019

I heard it is team of only a few people who handle worldwide referral program. Give them time.

gwjoeymed | March 18, 2019

I’ve been waiting 13 months for my “referral wall charger.” After several emails, I’m about to give up. They even claimed, again, was “ordered back in February.” Ha!

SJR | March 19, 2019

This program has been poorly mismanaged. I received my Kids Tesla right away. Will I ever see my Powerwall??? I am getting ready to order solar and if Tesla cannot guarantee that I will receive my Powerwall that I have been waiting two years for, I will seek out another vendor. Was supposed to be invited to an unveiling event and never have been, I inquired if I could attend a SpaceX launch instead and was told No! And now my discount on the Roadster is gone from my app, so I guess I will not order one. Tesla could not have done a worse job running this program. After eight referrals, I stopped making them as the referral program caused me more angst than it was worth.

info | March 26, 2019

Tesla announced the discontinuance of the referral program in mid February. I immediately submitted my claim for a free wall charger. Shortly thereafter, I happily received the charger signed by Elon Musk within 3 weeks. Thank you Mr. Musk.

jjgunn | March 26, 2019

I still haven't received my 22" wheels or Wall Charger.

burdogg | March 27, 2019

@SJR - you mean you only referred people because what you might get?? Really, you don't refer people because it is an awesome car?

I guess to each their own, and goes to show that some refer because the car is amazing and they want to share their experience with others...while others only refer if they are going to get something for it.

That being said - Tesla is the one that came up with a referral program and so yes, you have every right to be upset that they aren't getting you your "prizes" but I just thing it is funny that a referral program causes you angst - I see it as a plus to what I already was going to do. I refer and if Tesla wants to kick me back something - great - if not - no biggie - I would still have referred someone.

Of course I didn't make it a business like some who spam their code all over youtube and any other way they could so they could "benefit" or get free stuff...

jjgunn | March 27, 2019

The big one was if you referred 50 people, you get a Roadster 2020.

Fred Lambert & Ben Sullins scored on that.

Elon halted that in a hurry.

SJR | March 27, 2019

Burdogg, I never stated that the only reason that I referred was for the "prizes." However, if Tesla is going to run a program like this, they should make the items available, and they should provide them in a reasonable amount of time. My angst comes from waiting two years for a Powerwall and writing the referral team and hearing back from them in three months, if at all. And does anyone know what a Priority Solar Token is supposed to get you if you do not live in California? This program has been severely mismanaged by Tesla and while I give them a pass on some things, this program is not one of them. So while I continue to "talk up my Tesla's", I do have disdain for the referral program.

tracy | March 28, 2019

If you offer an incentive to people to go above and beyond to help you drive your business then you need to make good on the promise. Tesla got what they needed (sales) and in return, they offered you incentives for helping push Tesla on your friends/strangers or anyone that would listen. It's gorilla marketing 101. The issue is that they have insufficient resources in place to fulfill their end of the bargain and frankly don't seem to give a crap about it. I received my wall charger in about 45 days. Still waiting on the wheels.

tracy | March 28, 2019

If you offer an incentive to people to go above and beyond to help you drive your business then you need to make good on the promise. Tesla got what they needed (sales) and in return, they offered you incentives for helping push Tesla on your friends/strangers or anyone that would listen. It's gorilla marketing 101. The issue is that they have insufficient resources in place to fulfill their end of the bargain and frankly don't seem to give a crap about it. I received my wall charger in about 45 days. Still waiting on the wheels.

tracy | March 28, 2019

burdogg | March 28, 2019

I understand and agree with statements that if Tesla is going to do this - they need to make good on it.

@SJR - what does this statement mean then... "After eight referrals, I stopped making them as the referral program caused me more angst than it was worth."

So you stopped because the angst with the prizes was not worth it... So in summary - you stopped referring people not because the car sucks, but because you aren't getting the prizes and they are causing some issue within... So why don't you just refer people and who cares about the prizes instead of stopping referring all together?? That I guess is where I get lost in you not saying it is about the prizes... :)

burdogg | March 28, 2019

sorry should say at the end it isn't about the prizes.

burdogg | March 28, 2019

Lets try this last statement again :)
That I guess is where I get lost in you saying it isn't about the prizes...

There - talk about messing that up :)

Triggerplz | March 28, 2019

@Burdogg.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SJR | March 30, 2019

It means that I kept recommending the vehicles as I am sold on the technology, just stopped giving out the referral code as Tesla was not making good on the promise of providing the referral rewards. Since I was not going to get to 50 referrals to get a "free" roadster, it really did not seem to be worth it to remind myself how poorly Tesla was running this program every time I made a referral. I agree that the new program is much simpler and Tesla may actually be able to mange this one, so I will probably start making the referrals again, just to get the Model 3 charging credit. (I have an X and a 3) It will be interesting to see if I will get my "free" powerwall if I place my solar order. If I don't, I will go with another vendor and have them wire for the powerwall if I ever do receive it.

burdogg | March 30, 2019

Got it - thanks for clarifying SJR :)

I do hope that you get all that they owe you - and do think it is poor of Tesla the way some have not received what was promised through it. Wishing you luck and I wouldn't hesitate to run it up the ladder as you are getting your solar - that in order for your solar to be put together properly - you need them to make good on their Powerwall they owe you.

EVolution | March 31, 2019

I have referred 100 people to buy Model 3 SR, they have all been waiting for 3 years now

TeslaTap.com | April 3, 2019

@EVolution - What are they waiting for? SR available now :)

packpike | April 3, 2019

So with the old referral program ending has anyone been given any indication as to how long it will take Tesla to catch up? I have a set of arachnids that I placed on order back in Feb (East Coast).

jjgunn | April 3, 2019

I have a set of 22" for the MX ordered back in October 2018. Also still haven't received my HPWC.

I just referred myself for 1,000 miles of free SuCh'ing

Yay referral program.