Forums

Tsportline Wheel Fail

Tsportline Wheel Fail

Hi All!

I took delivery of my X90D in September of 2016 with the intent to put on Tsportline 20" fake cyclone wheels. (So I could get the benefits of smaller wheels without as much of a visual penalty).

Well 2.5 years later and the finish on them is completely destroyed:

Pic: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eTV349RSVhRmw7wNA

The car was garage kept, super low miles (15k) and washed a total of maybe 4 times. Tsportline's response? I must have mistreated the finish and I am out of warranty so too bad. But they ignored this key fact: instead of using Tsportline's (ugly) center caps, I asked them to use the stock Tesla caps and spray paint them to match the wheels. The finish on that cap is still in great condition as you can see in the pic. How is it that a factory finished wheel is in worse shape than a hand spray painted part?

They didn't even ofter to refinish the wheels at a discounted rate. I wonder how many others have had to endure the same fate.

Buyer beware.

NKYTA | April 16, 2019

I’ve been going with what Tesla suggested of the years for 21” P85. Some uneven wear, but not flats yet.

Conti Extreme Contacts.

NKYTA | April 16, 2019

s/not/no/

greg | April 17, 2019

@OP Your photo is meaningless without a "before" image.

Also take this to the Model X forum please.

This is a problem with a specific brand of wheels for a specific Model (X) you say you bought 2.5 years ago.

I doubt it issue has little relevance today to anyone else here, that is outside of the Model X forum.

This is the General forum.

If you have evidence of as general problem with TSportline wheels affecting multiple models, then come back and make a new post about that here documenting the issues fully.
But not before then thanks.