Forums

LUDICROUS....for the Model 3

LUDICROUS....for the Model 3

Eons ago, Elon was asked "Will there be a ludicrous version of the Model 3?" And he replied..."Yes."

So will we really see a further iteration of the Model 3, when the production has fully smoothed out and Tesla needs/wants to drive another level of restored excitement.....to see a TRUE LUDICROUS version of the Model 3 offered ?

With air suspension (which Musk also said would become an available option THIS SUMMER) and for my own personal fantasy....with an HUD for more direct driver feedback on this higher performance version.

Currently the top spec Model 3 prices out at about $68,000. IF such a beast was available at even up to the full #20,000 premium for the Model S Ludicrous....I would jump on it in a heartbeat, and I think there are quite a few others that would.

Another place Tesla could add to it's profit margin is to offer CUSTOM COLORS at something like $4000 above base. ALL the upscale Europeans have the option of designer colors at higher prices (and longer waits, or course).

mehingle14 | May 2, 2019

I'll defer to the Tesla engineers and others more knowledgeable than me, however, it is my belief that, due to the different battery architecture, there is no need on the m3 to engage in the shenanigans necessary to prepare the battery for ludicrous mode.

I'm further told that, when the m3 is put in factory mode, it is capable of 0 to 60 in the same range as a model s with ludicrous. I was told that in factory mode the m3 is actually capable of 2.6 0 to 60.

My belief is that the engineers have been testing the motors and inverters on the m3, which is why they released 5% more horsepower and torque on the performance models. it may be capable of even more, but we're simply going to have to wait and see what Elon and the engineers do with the m3

Magic 8 Ball | May 2, 2019

Sigh, another expert on how TESLA can add to profits.

coleAK | May 2, 2019

I’m with you magic. I wish people could keep the forum about the cars and leave the stock prices out of it.

Some nice juicy rumors for a rumor mill.

Gotta love "I am further told............"

I don't mind the broad discussion I just wish rumor mongers and armchair CEO's would be more thoughtful.

BTW, I just pulled my Grady out of storage. Best salmon fishing in 20 years in Monterey.

jimglas | May 2, 2019

Whats a grady? (probably a stupid question)

coleAK | May 2, 2019

Nice boat! Salmon fishing starts this month up here in AK. The kids and I are doing our annual kick off to fishing season this weekend and going dip netting for hooligan (similar to smelt). Then it’s kings through June, sockeye in July then silvers In August and September.

Grady-White Fishing boat.

jimglas | May 2, 2019

Sounds fun, the biggest thing you can catch here is trout

howard | May 2, 2019

M8B, Tela's CEO is the one that puts it out there. Not sure what your complaining about. People can't follow up or question what has been said, tweeted or otherwise?

elecfan2 | May 2, 2019

At any moment on my Performance model 3, I can press the accelerator to the floor, it's pretty ludicrous what happens.

@howard

Really, Musk said they plan to increase profits by offering custom paint? Factory mode 2.6?

coleAK | May 2, 2019

Really twitter or any social media should NEVER be a reliable source, for anything. And Elon spouts off so much garbage I don’t believe any of it until it happens. He is an innovative thinker but some of the most intelligent people I’ve ever met in my life think, then talk and overall do much less talking.

Joshan | May 2, 2019

Except Twitter is where the USA government now debates and dictates all policy it seems.

ODWms | May 2, 2019

3.2 0-60 time on PD3+ is super fast. No way I’d pay $20k for another, what, .5 sec?

coleAK | May 2, 2019

@joshan. Exactly proves my point as to why Twitter is not a reliable source. Reciently I’ve made the compairison of the founder of Tesla and our current commander and chief. They really are very similar people personality wise. Just on different sides of the fence or wall...

elecfan2 | May 2, 2019

@OSWms, exactly my point, there is no warmup period or having to do anything except press the accelerator the floor and you've got one ludicrous experience already. I'm sure they could make a ludicrous mode, maybe, but in my book I'm so much faster than just about anything else on the road when I'm driving that I'm not paying $20k for that. If I really wanted the fastest thing out there, I'd be buying a Tesla Roadster Version 2. Ludicrous mode is a party trick, a great one at that, but not really necessary on the Model 3. If Tesla puts it out, for a reasonable cost, it'd be a great money maker for them and would be cool, I wouldn't buy it but many would. I bought FSD up front and that's way more important to me.

Kary993 | May 2, 2019

@ewd7 - agree, I also bought FSD up front and think it is important, I don't need another half second of 0-60 speed no matter what it costs, even free.

Joshan | May 2, 2019

@coleAK so you expect more out of Elon Musk than you do out of the Leader of the USA? interesting...

lbowroom | May 2, 2019

How much would you pay for a software update that turns your 3 into a roadster?

coleAK | May 2, 2019

@joshan. I don’t hold Elon at a higher standard. Just think they are both BSers so don’t trust them. I respect Elon, I also respect our US president although I didn’t respect him before he was elected and most likely won’t after his term is up.

@lbowroom. As for paying for new roadster level performance in our 3, I’d spend $50k for that all day!

Joshan | May 2, 2019

they are both BSers, I will agree with that. Just one is a morn and the other is a genious. I will let you decide which is which :)

I would spend 50k for roadster performance for sure, but my wife would likely disagree :) she would pay 50k for it to just look like the roadster.

Joshan | May 2, 2019

morn = moron

Carl Thompson | May 2, 2019

@Joshan:
"they are both BSers, I will agree with that. Just one is a moron and the other is a genious. I will let you decide which is which :)"

Agreed both are BSers.

I'm not a fan of the POTUS but while he's done many stupid things I suspect he's not nearly as stupid as people like to believe. He's made too many shrewd moves.

Likewise for Musk: I'm a fan of his cars and mission but while he's done many smart things I suspect he's not nearly as smart as people like to believe. He's made too many avoidable blunders.

Both are just mere mortals.

Joshan | May 2, 2019

That is a Bigly comment, hard to argue. Covfefe to you sir.

djharrington | May 2, 2019

Are the founder(s) of Tesla even on Twitter??

tsmith | September 16, 2019

love to bump this thread up from the dead but I highly doubt this mode would be 20k when the price point of the car is half of its predecessors. I come from a hardcore speed geared ice junky, I'd pay whatever they'd ask for a ludicrous mode on my 3 performance.

rxlawdude | September 21, 2019

@amusee, you and your booty are freakin' FLAGGED FOR DOUCHEBAGGERY