Forums

Dashcam icon has disappeared

Dashcam icon has disappeared

For some reason, the dashcam icon has disappeared from my display. Not just the red dot showing recording, the whole icon. Can't find it anywhere. It will still let me select sentry mode under the security tab, but no icon. I am on 2019.12.1.2. Any ideas?

Larry.ho168 | May 13, 2019

Happened to mine after the recent upgrade. Took the USB out and let Windows repair it. Plug it back in and the DashCam icon re-appears.

EVRider | May 13, 2019

I think you can enable Sentry Mode even without a USB (in which case you get the alarm but no video recording). Probably an issue with the USB — make sure the TeslaCam folder is spelled exactly that way (case sensitive).

TM3Q | May 13, 2019

A few days ago I did the same as Larry.ho168 and it comes back

Frank99 | May 13, 2019

I've had that happen - pull the Flash Drive, put it into a computer and repair it (or reformat it, as needed). You may find that the flash drive can't be formatted - this will happen after awhile because it wears out. Then, the only solution is to buy a new flash drive.

wiscy67 | May 13, 2019

This happened to me a couple weeks ago on a new flash drive. Windows didn't recognize it and the Amazon vendor quickly shipped a replacement.

gmr6415 | May 14, 2019

Some times all you need to do is reboot without taking out the drive and the icon will come back. That is unless the drive is full.

jforbes77 | May 14, 2019

I have had this issue happen to me since the latest update, only happens after I was using Sentrymode

CharleyBC | May 14, 2019

I’ve noticed my icon doesn’t appear until I’ve unlocked the car with my PIN.

TeslaTap.com | May 14, 2019

IMPORTANT - Don't forget to turn off recording (long press on icon) before removing the drive. Pulling the drive out without stopping recording is a great way to trash the drive. Sometimes Format will recover it, but not always.

What happens is in the middle of writing to the drive, the power is lost and for a small fraction of a second the write can occur anywhere on the drive, more often at the start of the drive that takes it out of commision.

rickhuizinga | August 29, 2019

I had this issue, and rebooting the screen restored the dashcam icon.

drrock75k | August 29, 2019

My dash cam icon is whimsical, appearing and disappearing for unknown (to me) reasons. I've also found that sometimes an 'event' recorded by Sentry mode is just me getting back into the car.