Forums

What is round dot upper right home screen?

What is round dot upper right home screen?

I recently noticed a black dot, about 1/8" dia which appears when in park. It looks like some red marks show up when pressed. I emailed Tesla help and they had NO IDEA what this is. I am sure I am just overlooking the explanation, but no one I have asked know. Appreciate some insight.

Thanks

shawncordell | June 12, 2019

Sentry mode?

-TheJohn- | June 12, 2019

It's the indicator for Sentry Mode which you can touch and enable said mode to constantly take video around your car. In case of an Event (someone walks by or smacks your car or whatever) it'll record the last 10 or so minutes into a file.
You've got to have a USB drive formatted to the correct type plugged into one of your front USB's in order for this to work.
Google Sentry Mode and you'll get a much better explanation than I've sketched out above.
Enjoy!

tomasrey88 | June 12, 2019

sentry mode. red means your car is monitoring for hooligans. If detected, it will video record.

tomasrey88 | June 12, 2019

if sentry mode hears a very loud sound possibly your car being broken in to, it will play very loud music and send a notification to your phone.

EVRider | June 13, 2019

I think the new Sentry Mode icon was described in the release notes.

gballant4570 | June 13, 2019

I tried that button yesterday, and it turned red indicating that Sentry Mode was activated. In do not have a formatted USB attached, so I guess when activated the recording feature of Sentry Mode wouldn't work, but the other features would....

billlake2000 | June 13, 2019

Don't know what it is, but by all means, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES stare directly at the dot, as you will be the unwitting victim of mind control by Gleppis of Farnernering.

lbowroom | June 14, 2019

"I emailed Tesla help and they had NO IDEA what this is."

That's disappointing

EVRider | June 14, 2019

@gballant4570: That’s correct, you can use Sentry Mode without a USB. There’s some confusion over whether Tesla uploads recorded video to their server with or without the USB — Tesla has said at times that they do this, but as far as I know no one has been able to prove that yet.