Forums

GPS error after 20.2.1 update

GPS error after 20.2.1 update

Received the newest update...20.2.1 a few days ago, after the update, on navigation though yesterday, the GPS would give me the correct map routing, but I noticed the "North" bound sign was labeled as "South" bound for Interstate 15, I just thought it would correct itself when I approach the freeway entrance, but as I approach the freeway entrance, the voice maintains telling me to turn SOUTH rather than NORTH onto the freeway (good thing I actually knew the correct direction I was heading)... this is actually the second time I encountered the opposite directional error, on going to a charging station (Carlsbad, CA) the GPS commanded me to turn left while the charging station was actually on the right, though the map showing on the screen was correct, any idea?

TommyT | June 28, 2019

Nitpicking, but this is not actually a "GPS" error but a "routing" error (the GPS correctly plotted your location). It has happened to me a number of times and I quit accepting updates some time ago, still on V8? Twice it has happened when southbound on I5 while charging at Pea Soup Andersen's. When asked to plot a course to Kettleman City it first heads north for 10-15 miles then makes a u-turn and finally heads south back to Pea Soup and on to Kettleman. This has happened at other locations but it is the only place I am certain that it made the identical mistake twice.

So this is not a "newest update" problem nor is it a Tesla problem as I do not believe that Tesla wrote the routing software.