Forums

There must be good Tesla news

There must be good Tesla news

Because the anti Tesla trolls are out in force. What happened? Did the stock go up?

lbowroom | October 14, 2019

No kidding, huge increase in negative activity on the forum

walnotr | October 14, 2019

It’s kind of mind boggling. Just read an article stating August and September sales were down something like 30-40% from last year! Where do they come up with this tripe? The excessive negative posts today are at near record level.

I refuse to feed the trolls any more.

Shesmyne2 | October 14, 2019

I see Tesla transporter trucks at least one a day, full.
Some EU, some not.
Still lots of happy Tesla owners coming up!

Still Grinning ;-)

MAB1980 | October 14, 2019

“howard | October 14, 2019
What happened was disappointment with the latest updates. No need to feed anything. The issues with the latest updates says it all. Nothing on my car got better. Except maybe movies?? Have no idea as I thought I bought a car. No use for the entertainment aspects. Even canceling slacker due to ongoing crazy issues. Not really read much of anything actually positive but maybe that’s why your posting to somehow blame something anyone, anything besides Tesla.”

If someone had told me a decade ago that people should *blame* an automaker for not making an already sold car better on a regular basis, I’d have called for a 5150 hold.

MAB1980 | October 14, 2019

@Howard Better for anything. A decade ago I’d have been extremely skeptical that any aspect of a motor vehicle would improve after I bought it.

beaver | October 14, 2019

Stock popped today by 3% even though the Nasdaq was down. It may have been rumors that Giga3 has started production of Model 3. Boom!

kevin_rf | October 14, 2019

Yeah, just came across the Forbes article. They made it seem like US sales are in free fall and in a vacuum ignoring the fact that Tesla is production constrained and shifting sizeable numbers of vehicles overseas to foreign customers.

Just reading how the article was written told me everything I need to know about the authors stock position.

Magic 8 Ball | October 14, 2019

"Drivability" LoL!

Downloading a new update as we speak. The drivability gets better and better with each update. Effortless NOA cruise to the city to a place I have not been before. Wonderful drive.

Maybe you got a lemon.

SamO | October 14, 2019

Nope. Just sucking them. In the reality-based world, Autopilot simply works better than last week.

Shitbags like Howard they spend hours every day trolling end gaslighting can shampoo my crotch.

We are here because we are happy. If that makes you bitter, then so be it.

Tyerc | October 15, 2019

Other than using Spotify I don’t look at entertainment software but if Tesla wants to program it, if it doesn’t change how I operate the car I don’t worry about it.

Tyerc | October 15, 2019

Other than using Spotify I don’t look at entertainment software but if Tesla wants to program it, if it doesn’t change how I operate the car I don’t worry about it.

Hp.1193 | October 15, 2019

Constant negativity portrays the lifestyle one lives. It’s sad.

derotam | October 15, 2019

howard | October 14, 2019
...as I thought I bought a car.

Silly Howard..."I thought I bought a car" HA

howard | October 15, 2019

What I unknowingly bought was a to be designed, work in progress, BETA rolling entertainment gaming platform where driving functionality is a secondary consideration. Could not be happier with life. The bad purchase decision has nothing to do with my happiness. Keeping you guys from trying to convince others that the car is perfect is just unbridled fun. Seriously it could not be more comical. I don’t have a Lemon I have a BETA Tesla in every aspect. Period! No one can argue that fact. It says so all over the place. We are all constantly reminded of it.

82bert | October 15, 2019

Anyone that says AP and NoA haven’t improved with latest updates is flat out lying and has ulterior motives. Let’s not mince words.

Magic 8 Ball | October 15, 2019

If you consider your decision bad, reverse it and sell it. You have plenty of dough the way you talk about spending it on other cars.

No one is claiming their Tesla is “perfect”. What myself and many others believe is that it’s the best goddamn vehicle we’ve ever owned. Far from perfect, but light years ahead of the competition when you look at it pound for pound.

Strange and pathetic that people troll happy owners on a Tesla forum.

hokiegir1 | October 15, 2019

So, @howard, you essentially just admitted to making an uninformed large purchase -- because literally any research and you would have known Tesla markets their features as Beta since they are in a constant growth cycle now.

lbowroom | October 15, 2019

Every respect? Uh huh

TabascoGuy | October 15, 2019

@Howard - by "driving functionality", are you referring to the software or mechanical "functionality"?

RedPillSucks | October 15, 2019

@howard
If you're unhappy with your car, just sell it. I don't understand what the constant complaints and outright misinformation is about. I'm not a Tesla fanboy and I do recognize that Tesla is not perfect and has some flaws, but the car is generally good and doesn't "need constant updates to maintain drivability". The updates provide basic improvements. Sorry, but as hokiegir1 said, if you didn't do proper research before you bought a car from a completely new company with an unproven track record, then you have no one to blame but yourself for whatever issues you have.

jimglas | October 15, 2019

howard is a FUD troll

Lmao. Please then tell us what your were “really” expecting buying a Tesla ??

leo33 | October 15, 2019

I checked, snd indeed the stock did get a bit of a bump recently.

The latest updates have really improved AP and NoAP. As 82bert says, claiming otherwise is disingenuous. Lane changes are more natural, AP moves over slightly to give trucks more room, visualation is better, etc. There are still roads and situations where I know I'll have to take over from NoAP and.AP, but I'm impressed with how AP and NoAP keeps getting better. It's not perfect, but the speed of improvement impresses me.

Also, my cautious experiments with Smart Summon are encouraging.

It must be really scary for those who need Tesla to fail.

I really want to know what Howard was “expecting” when he bought his Tesla.

spuzzz123 | October 15, 2019

He was expecting the stock price to drop to $30 per share when he bought his $TSLAQ

I don't think these guys are in it with their own portfolio... they are just the gruntss doing the groundwork.

Magic 8 Ball | October 15, 2019

@howard Takes it upon himself curb enthusiasm.

@leo33. Precisely. Anyone that uses AP/NoA regularly knows that it’s improving dramatically. But they also know it’s limitations and when to intervene (which continues to be less frequent).

It’s funny cuz he comments on these features that he claims he doesn’t even use or rarely uses. LOL. Clown!

JustSaying | October 15, 2019

"Breaking! Tesla Model Y Production To Start In Q1 2020 (Unofficial Leak)"
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/10/15/breaking-tesla-model-y-production-t...

coselectric | October 15, 2019

WHAT?! WHAT?! This is a terrible day! I thought I still had a full year to save up for a Model Y! AHHHH!!!!

leo33 | October 15, 2019

Lol! I'll have to pass the unofficial leak along to those in the market for a crossover.

coselectric | October 15, 2019

On the positive side, this means I might get my Model 3 back from my wife sometime early next year.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that the first Model Y rolls of the assembly line before the end of this year.

hokiegir1 | October 15, 2019

@TabascoGuy - Someone in a FB group just posted a picture of a car carrier with at least 3 on it...

@hokiegir1 - I saw those too. They are pre-production cars that are hand built in Tesla's fab shop. I meant the first one actually of the line at Fremont. :-)

SamO | October 15, 2019

But they are signature Red which was pretty interesting if you want to deliver some to early reservation holders.

"On the positive side, this means I might get my Model 3 back from my wife sometime early next year"
Same here...

ReD eXiLe ms us | October 15, 2019

10-15-2019
NYSE CLOSE

$257.89 ___ 100.00% ___ TSLA (Tesla Inc.)
$156.10 ____ 60.52% ___ RACE (Ferrari NV)
$136.87 ____ 53.07% ___ TM (Toyota Motor Corp)
_$36.26 ____ 14.06% ___ GM (General Motors Company)
_$26.78 ____ 10.38% ___ HMC (Honda Motor Co Ltd)
_$13.30 _____ 5.15% ___ FCAU (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV)
__$9.07 _____ 3.51% ___ F (Ford Motor Company)

PteRoy | October 15, 2019

Lol AP has improved with the latest update. Ya nagging every 10 seconds is totally an improvement to the point I no longer use the feature. It now does corners while slamming on the breaks to go at turtle speed. Also limiting my speed on AP is rather annoying. My previous car was much better at these things. Not as good as Tesla at others though. Rather frustrating actually. The car has so much potential.

leo33 | October 15, 2019

Really? Nags every 10 seconds? That implies you're driving well in excess of 200mph on autopilot, in a car that tops out at 160 and disables autopilot well below that speed. Tesla should just ban these obvious trolls from the forums.

PteRoy: Potential that will surely be fulfilled one day. Unlike your 'previous car', whatever that was, which I'm sure stayed 'the same' since the day it was built. How... convenient.

leo33: Yes. It is interesting how Tesla's detractors argue so fervently in favor of their becoming more like 'everyone else' by abandoning Over-the-Air bug fixes and updates, isn't it? They argue in favor if Tesla spending more time in testing and more money or research and NO TIME AT ALL on what they call 'Public Beta' releases. They first argue in favor of Safety, then immediately contradict themselves with demands for Speed. All the while calling all progress worthless. They can't be satisfied and never will be.

Not in a Kia Optima, not in a Hyundai Sonata, not in a Nissan Altima, not in a Chevrolet MALIBU, not in a Honda Accord, and not in a Toyota Camry either.

Where is everyone protesting the valuation of Ferrari NV (RACE, 29.40B [81.48% of Ford Moor Co (F)]), who can't seem to manage sales of 10,000 units annually? Who is demanding a 'car for the masses' from Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren? Why is there no opposition to the existence of Kia Stinger, Chevrolet SS, Maserati Ghibli, Alfa Romeo Giulia, or Jaguar XE...? Why does no one predict the imminent, impending, irreversible deaths of the companies that built, marketed, and sometimes even managed to sell them?

But, Trolls continue to fret daily about the 'absence' of Apple Carplay and AndroidAuto in Tesla products... Hmmm... Priorities.

PteRoy | October 15, 2019

Huh? 80kms an hour on autopilot. I have to grab the steering wheel every 10 seconds to keep autopilot on. Are you not having this issue? When I got the car it was almost 30 seconds and thought wow this is amazing. Then it went to like 20 seconds I think. Now with v10 it’s every 10 seconds. Are we taking about something different?

leo33 | October 15, 2019

Sounds like you're getting the special treatment. For the rest of us it's 30-40 sec at 65mph before the little 'please use AP correctly' box pops up.

Maybe you are singled out because the AI learned you refuse to hang your hand off the wheel at 4 or 7 oclock position. Maybe your country has tighter regulations and requires more frequent reminders. Maybe you are just making it up. It's hard to say for sure which of these are true.

Assuming you're not making it up, I'm really glad you are being nagged more than the rest of us because it sounds like you may the kind of person who might use autopilot as if it were fully autonomous driving, which doesn't exist yet. That would be dangerous.

For most of the rest of us, it's a great feature that keeps getting better.

You never have to "grab it", unless you're not holding it at all. If you keep your hands hanging on the wheel applying the slightest torque the nags will never come up. That's what it's designed for, not to keep you hands in your lap and reach up and shake the wheel every time it nags you. That's a recipe for frustration.

Meanwhile back at "Great News"
"Breaking! Tesla Model Y Production To Start In Q1 2020 (Unofficial Leak)"
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/10/15/breaking-tesla-model-y-production-t...
Any update?

Pages