Forums

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

I do not think I have been this excited for ANYTHING in a LONG LONG LONG TIME!!!

At 11 am Saturday, the 19th, my wife and I will be official Model 3 owners.
Standard Range plus.
White Paint
White Interior
19" Rims

Mats, ordered.
Wireless phone charger, ordered
128gb memory card for Sentry, ordered
Dyson cordless vac, ordered
Purell, Dawn and baby wipes to clean seats, ordered

My 3 sons are gonna be at the house with us, waiting for the car to be delivered. They will probably jump in it and drive it before I do.

vmulla | October 19, 2019

@Pg3ibew,
Maybe start a Twitter? This is super exciting

jjgunn | October 19, 2019

Today is the day!!

Where do you live? I'll come over in the P3D & bring some steaks to grill.

Pg3ibew | October 19, 2019

@vmulla, TOO FUNNY. I have a twitter. I am almost too excited to post here !!!
@jj, I am on SI. I have all my kids coming over. Thanks for the offer.
T minus 1 hour 21 minutes.

Just to let all of you know, I was up about 12 times last night. And I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night.

calvin940 | October 19, 2019

Lol. I am excited for you. I remember what it was like for me Oct 1, 2018

Just got a call. Small delays. Half marathon in Brooklyn is delaying my delivery by a little bit.

Magic 8 Ball | October 19, 2019

Coming from a Cmax Energi, ourselves, you will not miss that ICE engine lag kicking in when you floor it. Calm down and focus on the tasks at hand. This is a big day for you to pay attention to details. It sounds like you have spent some time here so, hopefully, you have read all sorts of things and have chosen what will work best for you.

Enjoy!

walnotr | October 19, 2019

In some ways ordering your Tesla is a leap of faith but they always deliver. Only the vocal few (who shall not be named) are not thrilled with their new ride.

Congrats on your new best toy!

@magic, thanks. And yes. I have spent a very long time here. Lol. I wanted to buy a Model S about 5 years ago. I know A LOT about the Tesla. But could always learn more.

M3phan | October 19, 2019

Today is your day, bro. Today is your day, bro.
And yes, as someone said, name your car Saturday.

Haha.

My with is saying CASPER

If you have spent a lot of time here you have read many stories of disappointment that, intended or not, create FUD. Can you share why you bought a Tesla after reading so many "horror" stories?

BTW we celebrated our 1 year of ownership in August and I am more enthused about the car than day we picked it up. The anticipation of getting OTA's have some in an impatient frenzy wanting to get the latest greatest before anyone else, it is all fun.

@magic. I pay NO ATTENTION to the FUD. I am an electrician for 35 years. I know the benefits of EV cars. Right now, I am returning a PHEV Ford Fusion Energi. I have been researching EVs for as long as Tesla has been making cars.
Although I have been a Ford guy my whole life, Ford can NOT deliver the quality that Tesla Is delivering. I research the Bolt, the Nissan and the Kona. None of them could hold a candle to the Tesla when it comes to OVERALL quality, design, charging and looks.

I just got confirmation that CASPER will be here @11:20am EASTERN time. Lol. T minus 32 minutes.

dillonm | October 19, 2019

Just flipping through... your story reminds me a lot of my own!! Couldn’t justify spending on the S or X, but did the years of pressing my nose against the Tesla showroom windows daily.

Had 3 car seats by the time Model 3 came out. But pulled the trigger on Oct 8 and am hitting refresh every hour!

Living vicariously through you right now.

@P3ibew I have been 100% Ford/Lincoln the past 20-25 years. My running joke is that Ford has trained me to bring my own lube when I go in for service (I use dealer service all the time). I still have a Ford that use for towing and it gets used a lot less now. Thanks for this thread.

coselectric | October 19, 2019

"Living vicariously through you right now."

I think many of us are. This is a fun thread, for a change.

@Pg3ibew, now I get the "ibew" in your moniker. Excellent.

Please post links to photos at your earliest convenience.

I think I'm gonna go sit in my 3 and watch some El Camino on Netflix for a while, it's the best seat in my house.

@dillomn, your story is me to a TEE.
@Magic, LMAO. So true.

@jj, I am on SI
--------
You're in Slovenia?

I don't know where SI is assuming it's in the U.S.

RayNLA | October 19, 2019

@Pg3ibew
Look at you...I can see you right now in the Tesla delivery center. You’re trying to look calm and collected with your new shirt on as you hand over that cashiers check like a baller.
But on your head you are jumping up and down like you won the showcase showdown on The Price Is Right!

P.S. Don’t forget to get a copy of your window sticker. You will want to frame it.

@Pg3ibew
Look at you...I can see you right now in the Tesla delivery center. You’re trying to look calm and collected with your new shirt on as you hand over that cashiers check like a baller.
But in your head you are jumping up and down like you won the showcase showdown on The Price Is Right!

P.S. Don’t forget to get a copy of your window sticker. You will want to frame it.

Sorry. Staten Island NY.
CASPER is HERE. wooooooofuckingwoooooo

@Ray. They delivered it my HOUSE!!!!

Sorry. Staten Island NY.
CASPER is HERE. wooooooofuckingwoooooo

The Rep left. Fucking car is fucking awesome. I haven't driven it yet. My sons have it. They are driving around the neighborhood.

GTFO of dad's car!!

@jj, I am cracking up. They will be back at SOME POINT. LMAO

dillonm | October 19, 2019

You let them drive first?!!??? You’re a better man than me. How many days did you wait for it from order? I have announced that I will be the sole driver of the car for at least as many days as I agonizingly waited for it lol.

calvin940 | October 19, 2019

@Pg3ibew

Congrats. Drive it in good health.

stebo1 | October 19, 2019

What an awesome thread! Reminds me of how excited I was when I took delivery! Now all I can think about it ordering a second one for my wife!

@Pg3ibew,
Welcome :)

Shesmyne2 | October 19, 2019

Welcome home, Casper!
Thanks for sharing the excitement.
Enjoy the ride.

Still Grinning ;-)

M3G | October 19, 2019

Best thread ever.

Lmao. Thanks. I finally got to drive it. We are all sitting on the car now.

My sons are doing some Techie Stuff to the car. Lmao. Hooking up our blue toothsome and stuff

Bighorn | October 19, 2019

Congratulations and enjoy in good health. Hope you can find the time to drive it as much as you’re going to want to!

M3phan | October 19, 2019

Now that it’s here...back to life as usual....
HAHAHAHAHA. NOT!

@Pg3ibew
Wow!
I didn’t know that Tesla still did home delivery. I’m in SoCal.
Did the neighbor kids come over?
This has been a fun thread. Thanks for letting us all share in your excitement.

Fuzzball | October 19, 2019

LOL....congrats again! Dont think we gona hear from Pg for a while now....oh the grin...

rxlawdude | October 19, 2019

Welcome to the Tesla Fam!

WhiteWi | October 19, 2019

Congrats! That is awesome

Mike83 | October 19, 2019

You got it made in the shade. Congrats.

farrell_reis | October 19, 2019

congrats have an s and a 3 still grinning 2 years in

@ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much for the well wishes. We just got home. We have been out all day. My 3 sons, Father in law, 2 brothers in law and a few others, all drove the car. EVERY ONE is freakin AMAZED at the car. AND I MEAN FREAKIN AMAZED.
The car is everything I have thought it would be......AND MORE. The is sooooooo much to figure out about the car. I do not think I will EVER get tired of it.
It is a technological MARVEL!!!!

I just need to figure out how to upload pics for you guys.

@Pg3ibew,
Most of us experienced this :)
Thank you for helping relive the special experience.

Ok, Maybe this will work.

Pages