Forums

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

I do not think I have been this excited for ANYTHING in a LONG LONG LONG TIME!!!

At 11 am Saturday, the 19th, my wife and I will be official Model 3 owners.
Standard Range plus.
White Paint
White Interior
19" Rims

Mats, ordered.
Wireless phone charger, ordered
128gb memory card for Sentry, ordered
Dyson cordless vac, ordered
Purell, Dawn and baby wipes to clean seats, ordered

My 3 sons are gonna be at the house with us, waiting for the car to be delivered. They will probably jump in it and drive it before I do.

Pg3ibew | October 19, 2019

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bMKCoGA.jpg[/img]

Me, PATIENTLY WAITNG!!!! LOOL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NRzqiov.jpg[/img]

My gorgeous wife POSING LOL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/PGDvTAX.jpg[/img]

One of my sons checking out the trunk size. LOL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DLkwqyr.jpg[/img]

Some of you asked for the Sticker. Here it is!

vmulla | October 19, 2019

So it's going to be a trunk or treat this year, huh?

Scratch that, make it a frunk or treat ;)

Ha. It is 10:20 pm. I just uploaded pics for you guys. Now I am sitting in the car as it charges. Lol. Playing around and listening to the yankee game.

rehutton777 | October 19, 2019

You sound just like me! Once you discover HULU and Netflix, you'll want to camp out in the car (if you can keep the kids from finding the video games). Seats are more comfortable than in my living room. Have the kids discovered the fart-cushion yet?

@rehutton, my kids are grown and out of the house. Not much of a video game guy. But I found Netflix and Google and the rest. Lol

Shesmyne2 | October 19, 2019

Love how excited the whole fam is.
‘Kid’ in the trunk!

Grab the wife and a glass of wine and sit with the fireplace on. It’s a lovely way to end your big day.
Congrats again

Still Grinning ;-)

coselectric | October 19, 2019

@Pg3ibew big congrats on a great day! I love your enthusiasm and sincerity. Your photos put a huge smile on my face, thanks for letting us all participate in the excitement.

Pg3ibew | October 20, 2019

@Shemyne, my wife gave a hearty NO to the wine on the white seats. Lmao.
@cos, thank you SOOO much. My enthusiasm can not be dimmed. Wifey and I are all smiles. Ear to ear!!! I have been a Tesla FANBOY for more than 5 years at this point. The car is PERFECT.

A thought or two about the car.
1. BEST VEHICLE EVER PRODUCED. HANDS DOWN.
2. I charged to 100 percent and got 235 miles.
3. 1 minor inconvenience. I changed the phone charger to the wireless one bought from Amazon. Wifey and I both have Galaxy Note 8. The phones will not sit in the wireless charger with cases on.
4. BEST VEHICLE EVER PRODUCED.
5. Every single person that took the car for a ride is SUPER IMPRESSED.
6. Impressed to the point that 3 or 4 were ICE lovers and now seriously debating all electric.
7. Charging with my J1772 generic level 2 charger, that I had with my Ford, 16 miles of charge per hour. This doesn't impress or Depress me.
8. Depending on my Boss, wifey, Lol, I may buy a Tesla Level 2 charger in the next day or two.
9. BEST VEHICLE EVER PRODUCED.

The guy that dropped off Casper was super impressed at OUR, mine, wifey and my kids knowledge of Tesla. He was also impressed at how excited we all were.

vmulla | October 20, 2019

@Pg3ibew,
Just fyi, those seats are super easy to maintain. I'm in love with the material, and shared my fascination for the material many times on the forum. The wine would just wipe off and not make a stain — ummm, actually no one reported wine sitting on the seats for a while and letting it affect the material :)

@vmulla, from all we are reading, the seats seem decently easy to maintain. Thanks.

The car is recording Sentry mode. It does not seem to be recording as I drive. I do not see any icon when I drive. I see it when the car is stopped.
Yes. I formatted a 128gb memory card to FAT32 and all that fun stuff. Any ideas?

Xerogas | October 20, 2019

@Pg3ibew: "The car is recording Sentry mode. It does not seem to be recording as I drive. I do not see any icon when I drive. I see it when the car is stopped.”
------
Sentry is only for when you are parked. When driving, if you notice an event you want to record, press the icon right next to sentry mode, and it will save the last 10 minutes or so. It’s always recording, but not permanently saving.

mcmack15 | October 20, 2019

Congratulations! I am with you--Tesla has the best cars we ever owned. Above you posted that you charged to 100% and got 235 miles. Thinking it was a typo and it was 335 miles.................more importantly, based upon what I have read in these Forums about preserving the battery life, many suggest not charging to 100% unless you are prepping for a trip and are going to drive immediately after charging. You will find many posts from those that seem to know about not charging above 80% or 90%.

PS, we sprung for one of the wall chargers and love it.

Again, congratulations.

casun | October 20, 2019

great thread. congratulations and welcome.

winningside55 | October 20, 2019

Fantastic.........looking forward to ours; November Delivery

fearghus1 | October 20, 2019

@Pg3ibew, congratulations! Enjoy the never ending fun. You won’t get that in an ICE car unless it’s a Ferrari ;)

I’m taking the same config minus white interior. I can’t wait to get in my car and drive!

@xero. There is NO symbols while I am driving. The Sentry mode symbol ONLY appears when I am parked.
@mcmack. 235. I have a SR+ AND yes. I know to only charge to 80 percent. I was just curious what 100 percent got me. Just for future reference.
@ everyone else. Thanks.

Magic 8 Ball | October 20, 2019

TeslaTaps Dashcam guide:

https://cammem.com/

You should see a camera icon with red dot when recording.

Xerogas | October 20, 2019
coselectric | October 20, 2019

@Pg3ibew, wrt charging... why don't you install a NEMA 14-50 and use the mobile charger that came with the car? That's what I do. Provides around 27-30 mph range increase charging at 32A, if memory serves. I used a nice Hubbell outlet ($80) to better withstand plug in/out cycles, but I've only actually unplugged it about 3 or 4 times in the past year.

@xero, I only see the SENTRY Mode Cam. Not that Icon you showed me.

johnmann | October 20, 2019

Here's the URL - http://i.imgur.com/tUZcfvA.jpg

Nice looking car. Too bad that stranger photobombed it :)

johnmann | October 20, 2019

Haha, I was on the last message of the previous page when I posted the above. I didn't realize there had been another 28ish messages posted. Anyway, you should be able to paste in a URL without adding any tags to it.

@johnmann, that stranger is ME!! LOL

vmulla | October 20, 2019

@johnmann, that stranger is ME!! LOL
http://i.imgur.com/tUZcfvA.jpg
--
Now, that's a Tesla grin :))

NKYTA | October 20, 2019

@Pg3ibew

In past days it would just take someone to say:

Enjoy!!

Grin!! :-) :-)

beaver | October 21, 2019

Congrats @Pg3ibew
This thread helped restore my faith in the joy of this forum and the fast growing Tesla family. Thanks for sharing! Lots of wisdom here and at TMC, google whatever you are wondering about and follow the threads. For example “usb drive too slow”

jjgunn | October 21, 2019

Look at the pic Xerogas posted -- you'll only see that if you format your USB correctly and create a folder on the USB named "TeslaCam" notice Capital T & C, no spaces.

https://cammem.com/tesla/preparing-your-drive/

Also, as others have stated, Sentry Mode only works while parked. I use it when I'm in public lots, very rarely at home. A 128 GB high-speed has been more than sufficient & the video can save you grief if you get in an accident.

A single quick tap on the icon Xerogas posted saves 10 minutes -- a long press 3-5 seconds will stop recording

Pg3ibew | October 21, 2019

@jj. I am not sure what is going on. I took the 128gb card out of the car last night to check. It did NOT record anything. Although the car showed sentry mode to be working. I re formatted the card. Re installed and still ONLY sentry mode. Maybe I need a new card. I am noticing that my current card seems to have a SUB folder in it. It is mildly frustrating.

Must be formatted with Fat32 or you can use MAC. Just select MS-DOS

Make sure you create your "TeslaCam" folder after format is complete.

One more thing...try the other USB front slot if you're having issues.

derotam | October 21, 2019

@Pg2ibew, it sounds like you did NOT add a sub-folder called "TeslaCam" If this folder is not there, nothing will record to the drive. This is the reason you do not have the dashcam icon on you display. The sentry icon will come on whether you have a thumb drive in the car or not and it may or may not upload events to Tesla servers. If you don't have a properly set up thumb drive you will not be able to access any videos.

derotam | October 21, 2019

TeslaCam is case sensitive.

SnowZA | October 21, 2019

Also, if you are connecting the drive through a USB hub or splitter, try removing that and see if that helps. On mine, it sometimes works when a hub is in the mix, but it usually doesn't.

Some minor QUIRKS about the car. I only have my PHEV Ford Fusion to compare to. So. Here goes.
1. I was able to schedule charging times for my FF. Can’t do that with Tesla. Because I have a Reward program through my utility, I would set up charging between Midnight and 9 am. Which left adequate time once I got to work to charge as well. I notice Tesla Schedule charge just gives a START time. So, if I set to midnight to charge, Casper won’t charge when I plug her in at work at 6 am.
2. I was able to set up a weekday schedule to have the FF heated before Leaving for work. Seems I have to do that daily with Tesla. Example. I could set my FF to be heated to 70 degrees by 530 am, Monday through Friday. No heating on Sat or Sun. It was sophisticated enough that I could have SET schedule for individual days of the week.
3. No AM radio. In NYC, almost all commuters listen to 1010 WINS or 880 WCBS, especially in their morning commute. Can’t do that with Tesla. I do have I heart radio and Sirius and Amazon music. I will have to make sure I am HOOKED up daily.
4. I purchased the wireless charger. Perfect idea. UNTIL....I went to sit my GALAXY NOTE 8, with case, on the charger. The phone will not fit with the case on. The phone fit with the plug in charger that came with the car. Again, not a big deal. I will switch back to the original charger.
These are not any major issues. I just need to adapt. Lol

I did add the subfolder of TeslaCam.
I do have it AFTER a splitter. I will fix that now. And see how that works.

@SnowZa.......BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I removed the drive from the splitter and plugged it directly into the port on the car. And......BLAMMO WHAMMMO, The DASHCAM icon appeared. Woooooohooooo!!!!!
Thank you for your help!

shank15217 | October 21, 2019

There is no such thing as a USB splitter, it's a USB cable with a power splitter and a USB connector, you might have the drive on the power instead of data connector.

@Skank, I am not sure I understand what you are saying. BUT.....I did what @SnowZa said to do and Bamm, it worked.
I had some sort of splitter thing there for the wireless charging for my phones. I reconfigured and plugged the USB directly into the port for the car and all was good!!

ssgstorm | October 21, 2019

thin one for your charging, thick one is for the usb data

spuzzz123 | October 21, 2019

@Pg3: "Some minor QUIRKS about the car... I would set up charging between Midnight and 9 am. Which left adequate time once I got to work to charge as well..."

No solutions for your exact problem, but I thought I would ask since you are a new owner. Why do you charge twice in one day? Does your commute require it? Or maybe you are just subscribing to the "plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla" mantra? What do you set your target state of charge to? (I saw you mention 100% in an earlier post, do you do this all the time?)

RedPillSucks | October 21, 2019

@Pg3ibew
You may be able to get 1010Wins via Tunein/Slacker/Spotify/
A lot of radio stations also stream their content over the internet.
I use NPR. The neat thing about the streaming services is I can get it whereever there's an internet connection, so when I'm on a long distance trek, I don't lose the radio station when I leave the broadcast range

@redpill, thanks. I will look into that.
@spuzz, with my Ford Fusion, I would charge both at home and work because the car only car between 20-30 miles of all electric. And charging at work assured me getting home ALL ELECTRIC. plus work charging is FREE!

Pages