Forums

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

I do not think I have been this excited for ANYTHING in a LONG LONG LONG TIME!!!

At 11 am Saturday, the 19th, my wife and I will be official Model 3 owners.
Standard Range plus.
White Paint
White Interior
19" Rims

Mats, ordered.
Wireless phone charger, ordered
128gb memory card for Sentry, ordered
Dyson cordless vac, ordered
Purell, Dawn and baby wipes to clean seats, ordered

My 3 sons are gonna be at the house with us, waiting for the car to be delivered. They will probably jump in it and drive it before I do.

Pg3ibew | October 25, 2019

@vmulla. I am not sure that minor inconvenience is worth 500 bucks. I am basically paying an addition 500 bucks for a convenience. Lol. Being I have the J1772 already. But if your friend does not have a charger yet, I would definitely suggest the Tesla charger.

HighlandPony | October 25, 2019

Sorry to blow your justification for buying the Tesla wall charger. But if you unlock the car door before unplugging the J1772 cable the adapter automatically releases and you don’t have to use the app.

@highland, Maybe my original statement wasn’t clear. I forget to unlock while in the house. I walk out to the car with my bag and stuff and now have to put my stuff in the car and unlock the port with either my app or screen in the car. Then,....I have to get out of the car and disconect the J1772. Like I said, all my problem because I forget to do it in the house. And because I am sort of lazy. But it is just a minor inconvenience for me. I could certainly live with the J1772.
Maybe I am just looking for a reason to needlessly spend 500 bucks. Lol

HighlandPony | October 25, 2019

I’m really lazy too, but I prefer to think of it as being efficient. Anyway, what I’m saying is that if you walk up to the car and pull the door handle it unlocks. I open the door slightly and then go back and unlatch the J1772 cable and unplug it. The adapter then automatically releases, no need to use the screen or the app. I don’t have an EVSE at home but this works with the chargers at work.

@highlnad, hmmmmm. My J1772 will not unlock unless I release it from the app or inside the car.

I am reading that in order to get Spotify in my model 3, I need to pay for premium Spotify. Is this true?

Joshan | October 25, 2019

yes

@joshan, Thanks!!

Bighorn | October 25, 2019

Pressing the button on the J1772 should release the port solenoid. It’s a two handed procedure to pull the plug and adapter in unison.

@bighorn, I am way way too lazy for two handed procedures, hahahah. 500 dollar Tesla charger, it is!!!! Lmao

@bighorn, I am way way too lazy for two handed procedures

Good thing my wife isn't.

@joshan, HEY NOW! Lmao! I am cracking up.

vmulla | October 25, 2019

"Pressing the button on the J1772 " @Bighorn
---
What button? There's the release latch, but it is not an electronic latch (at least it isn't on mine)

Thanks, Pg3ibew, HighlandPony, Bighorn.

Looks like that Level2 charger on sale at Costco might be worth it after all (~$275 for 32A charging)

@Joshan
Birthdays only come once a year.

@bighorn true story...

“wife” was the tell.

Stinnett | October 25, 2019

Pg3ibew:
I got the Tesla wall charger within days of getting my M3. Sure, it was another $500, but in for a penny, in for a pound. It's sits off a 60-amp circuit and gives me a sweet 48-amp charge, the best an M3 can achieve. That's 44 miles per hour for me.

Why do this? Because it's all-in on Tesla. Because it looks great on my garage wall and glows a nifty green. Because I can point to it when friends come over. Because it matches the huge Tesla decal I applied to the garage wall in front of the M3. Because Elon wanted me to. And, because I wanted me to. See, you can have lots of reasons to do this. And you can choose grey or black. Grey matches my car but black definitely has the Darth Vader vibe.

Life is good, but it's better in a Tesla.

@stinnett, I love love love that attitude. Everyone should be as enthusiastic as you!!!!! And I agree about ALL IN TESLA!!!!

Pg3ibew | October 26, 2019

I received my center console Black matte covering for the piano Black. I am so glad I did it. It came AWESOME. And it took forever to clean the Piano Black. AND......I only have the car a week. I can not imagine cleaning it every week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZCPNR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...
I also received the Tesla T Decal wrap. It looks insane over the chrome T's. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P6CZR37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...

I may black out the rest of the car.

WhiteWi | October 26, 2019

Did you installed the center console wrap already? I am looking to buy Red T decals they look sharp ))

@white, I installed everything already. Why do you ask?
We have a white on white car. So, we Blacked out the Tesla Logos and went with Matte Black on the console. Red is nice. Not our preference on a white car. But everyone has their own taste. I am sure that what ever color you choose, it will come out very nice.

WhiteWi | October 26, 2019

I asked about center console bc I will be installing wrap on it too once we get the car. How was it, easy, pain or some where in between. I have never done wrapping. Just want to see your input on it.

@white. I have never done wrapping either. The Middle piece was easy. The cup holders not sobbed. The forward piece, under the big screen, was a bit of work. Pretty difficult. BUT.....With a little patience, it all came out very nice. Probably took 30 minutes to install. The wrap came with a website to watch a video. Which, in a Tesla, is AWESOME. I was able to watch the video in the car, as I was installing.

EDIT: CUP HOLDERS NOT SO BAD.

Csami | October 26, 2019

This thread is a delight and a perfect read while my excitement is multiplying everyday as I’m waiting for my M3 SR+.
You’ve all made my over the top, can’t-contain-eagerness, my unexplainable impatience acceptable.
I am not alone.
The future is almost here. I think I’ll name mine Future.

Xerogas | October 26, 2019

@Pg3ibew: did you say you wished you could set a departure time, and have the car calculate when to warm up and charge automatically? Because the next software update will do that!

@Csami, I am glad you are enjoying the thread. You will never hear a bad word about Tesla from me. I have been following Tesla since the original inception. We are so so so so happy with our purchase. I have even turned a few non believers. I have a feeling our enthusiasm will never wain.

@Xerogas, Yes. I did say I would like that!!! My Ford Fusion Energy had it. And the Tesla is 100 times more advanced than that. I am glad they are doing it!!!

Pg3ibew | October 27, 2019

I am going to delete my chrome. I k ow all about the kits that are sold. What do you kids think of just buying the full rolls of tape and doing it myself?

Pg3ibew | October 28, 2019

I recieved my Tesla Charger. Installed it on a 100amp beaker. The thing kicks ass.

240v Single phase, 2 pole 100 amp breaker. The limits are set at100 amps. It is charging at 33amp. Which is equating to 33 miles of charge per hour.

It took about 2 hours to install. Would have been done sooner. But had to remove the J1772 that was in the way.

vmulla | October 28, 2019

@Pg3ibew,
I thought the Tesla charger is rated at 80A max. Am I mistaken?

Yes. The 80amp is MAX output. At 80 amps you need a 100 amp breaker.

The hardest part of the entire onstall was removing the cover. It os one screw and then you need to pry it and pop the 6 tabs. I was cursing and terrified I was gonna crack the cover. Lmao

@Pg3ibew,
I'll tell you this one more time, with your enthusiasm you should start a YouTube channel - many have done it but there's room for one more, and you're hitting the right note of excitement and discovery.

Even if you don't go down that path please keep this thread running.

johnmann | October 28, 2019

Pg3ibew - "240v Single phase, 2 pole 100 amp breaker. The limits are set at100 amps. It is charging at 33amp. Which is equating to 33 miles of charge per hour."

Hey IBEW brother. You should be charging a lot faster than that, 44 miles of charge per hour I think. Are you sure you adjusted the switches inside the wall connector correctly? See page 24 of this manual (numbered as page 22).

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/wall_connector_insta...

@Vmulla, LMAO!! Thanks. I am not YouTube material. LOL. I have a face for radio and a voice for SHIT. LOL. I have a typical Brooklyn Accent. LOL.

And yes, I will continue to keep this thread going. My love and enthusiasm will never wain.

@johnmann,
Pg3ibew's car is limited to 32A charging (as rated). The other trims of Model 3 can soak up the juice a little faster (40A)

@johnman, Hello, Brother. I am set to "D", 80 amp. I can't complain about the 33amps.
And @Vmulla just answered for me. I THOUGHT read some where, that I could only charge at 32A.
Question for Vmulla..... If I go to a super charger, am I still limited to 32 amps?

@Pg3ibew,
That limitation is only for Level 2 chargers AFAIK, not for DC Supercharging.

Lonestar10_1999 | October 28, 2019

The 32A limit is for the onboard AC/DC converter. Super charging bypasses the converter and is DC all the way, hence the 32A limit does not apply.

@vmulla, thanks. I will probably very rarely use the superchargers. I don't travel that far. But we will be home Friday. We may just take a LONG ride. And see what happens at a super charger.

When I purchased Casper, we were told that we had a referral code that entitled us to 1000 free miles. Does anyone know what we need to do to retrieve those miles?

I see the 1000 miles in my loot box. I texted my salesman. Great kid named Dylan. He is telling me that as long as the miles are in my LOOT BOX, I just plug into a charger and it will deduct from the 1000.

Ordered Satin Chrome delete tape. Wifey insisted I order Tesla Valve Stems.

Shesmyne2 | October 28, 2019

Pg-nuthin wrong with a Brooklyn accent.
How do you have a referral code & not know who it is from when you bought Casper?

Still Grinning ;-)

johnmann | October 28, 2019

My mistake regarding max charging rate. I forgot you had the standard range version. The long range model can accept up to 48 amps. Here's the details,

https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation/wall-connector

I have a long range rwd, but my wall charger is on a 40 A breaker, so I can only charge at 30 mph. You have more charging capability than you can use and my car can take more amps than I can provide. We don't drive much, so that has worked out fine for us.

Pg3ibew | October 29, 2019

@shesmyne, I got the referral code from my salesman. It is all good now. I have it figured out. I called my salesman and he walked me through it.
#forevergrinning. Lol

I took my J1772 charger from home and connected it at work. I may never have to charge at home again!!!!!!

We own Casper the friendly Tesla for 9 days now. It has rained 4 days. We don't care. WE LOVE our car more and more every day!!!
I am waiting for chrome delete stuff to come.
I already blacked out the chrome Tesla logos on the hood and trunk.

sroh | October 29, 2019

Ordered Satin Chrome delete tape. Wifey insisted I order Tesla Valve Stems.

You just ordered rolls? Power to you; let us know how it turns out. I couldn't imagine cutting the pieces myself.

I ended up going with the Nikola Pro solution. He provides cut pieces to do a full chrome delete. And he provides two full sets in case you have to re-apply any pieces. Kenriko also provides a similar package. I went with Nikola Pro as he cuts up the backing pieces so you can apply by section. Nikola Pro's solution also doesn't require one to remove the side mirrors. I really needed that. Turned out great.

Pages