Forums

Tesla Insurance

Tesla Insurance

Does anyone know if Tesla insurance will be available in Canada?

jordanrichard | October 16, 2019

Yes, Tesla knows.

adamslighting | October 16, 2019

Will Tesla Canada know?

barrykmd | October 16, 2019

Why do you want to pay more than you're paying now?

adamslighting | October 16, 2019

I hope Tesla ins premiums will be less then what i'm paying now. That was the initial goal of Tesla.

Bighorn | October 16, 2019

Many people reported paying less with Tesla.

barrykmd | October 17, 2019

Every report I've seen here was higher.

Mathew98 | October 17, 2019

You missed a few...

barrykmd | October 17, 2019

Guess so. But who answers the phone if you have a claim? If Tesla, that's a deal-killer right there.

Bill_75D | October 17, 2019

Isn't Tesla just handing off to another insurance company? Anybody know their name?

Mathew98 | October 17, 2019

Barry's Unlimited Rivet Reinsurance...

dougk71 | October 17, 2019

Insurance is a very profitable business for Tesla to enter into. Initially they have partnered with a licensed in California company. Same with Panasonic for batteries. After several years and 50 State coverage Tesla might assume the total risk. Insurance is great for cash flow you get the premiums before you pay the claims.
Tesla is on its way to be the first fully integrated car company. Manufacturing , refueling,service and insurance.
Then there is vehicle software.

kimvellore | October 17, 2019

Tesla insurance was cheaper by 20% for me. That 20% is low estimate because Farmers insurance has a bundled rate for home, umbrella and car. I hope they cover tesla car rental if the car is being fixed.
Has anyone had their claims with Tesla insurance? that experience is the ultimate test.