Forums

Home location for Sentry Mode

Home location for Sentry Mode

I took delivery of a UK Model 3 some 6 weeks ago. I parked it in my drive while I went on a 6 day holiday and was appalled to see that the battery had been draining at about 25 miles per day. It seems that sentry mode was active all that time. So I checked the manual and found out that Sentry mode will be cancelled if the car is within 30 ft of the home location. Problem - the car will only accept a post code for the Home location, and the epicentre is some 300 ft from my house. It will not accept my house and road name. I tried dropping a pin on the map - but was informed that the location identified the house at the back of my garden, and that was even further away. What is needed is a software change to either log the actual GPS location as Home (remember this place) with a button or allow GPS co-ordinates to be entered. Also, the 30 ft range seems a bit short - if parking at a 'favourite airport' there is no way that I could park at the same spot each time, same with an office car park.
I have a further gripe with Sentry mode. It seems to be constantly recording. I suspect it treats anything closer than a couple of feet as a threat, so when I park at the supermarket, it objects to the cars parked alongside. When I park at home, it is frightened of the fence. If someone innocently walks past in front, it beeps and records 'hours' of scenes with trees waving gently in the breeze. What it is not good at is to let me know when something actually happens. Gripe over.