Forums

Sounds like the front driver’s side louvre is trying to open, but having an issue

Sounds like the front driver’s side louvre is trying to open, but having an issue

Every time I lock/unlock my 2013 S60, I hear intermittent sounds from lower frontal area, drivers side. Today I listened carefully for it, and it sounds like the car is trying to open the louvre (only on drivers side) but not succeeding or something. I need to do a more thorough investigation.

The sounds continue for 2 minutes after the lock/unlock event, every 20-30 seconds or so.

I just wanted to see if any of you have noticed this, or have a suggestion for what could be wrong?

Bighorn | November 17, 2019

Only when it’s frozen. Check to see if the other side is opening or if you can help it open by hand.

RedShift | November 17, 2019

Will do, thanks BH.

EVRider | November 18, 2019

The Louvre only opens from 9:00-6:00 Paris time, so maybe that was your problem. :-)

RedShift | November 18, 2019

Exceptions are made to the ultra-rich. There’s a secret entrance to let you and your partying friends in for the whole night.

jordanrichard | November 18, 2019

EVRider, nice !!!!

Bighorn | November 18, 2019

Bring a baby carriage if you want to skip the line.

RedShift | November 18, 2019

@BH

We bought tickets online from a French govt promoted travel site. We were led in without a baby carriage, first class service. :-) I don’t remember what that site was called.

Bighorn | November 18, 2019

@RS
You have to pay extra for that, like at Disney.