Forums

Tow hitch installation - South Florida

Tow hitch installation - South Florida

I’m thinking of adding a hitch to my Model 3, mainly to add bike rack, and tow a small trailer for my race bike.
It looks like a hole needs to be cut in the rear undertray. Can a cover be added for when the hitch needs to be hidden?
Can anyone possibly send me photos of such an installation, and recommend a hitch, (Curt C45FR? - I have a Curt on my Subaru) and an installer in South Florida (preferably Palm Beach County)?
Thanks
Barry

marym23 | June 30, 2020

I had the TorkCentral Stealth Hitch put on my M3. They have a strong magnetic cover that protects the hole when the receiver isn’t in the hitch. They are based up in the Seattle area so since I live in Portland I drove up and had them install it. You will love it. And depending on what year your M3 is, you might not have to cut the hole. My M3 was rear-ended and when the body shop put a new hitch on it, they didn’t need the cover as the new pan has a square cutout that covers where the hitch is. I think they changed them when Europe started putting hitches on the M3. The bottom pan for all M3’s now has the cutout.

marym23 | June 30, 2020

Oops it’s Torklift Central. Torkliftcentral.com. They are completely hidden if you don’t have the receiver in.

Barry.glading | July 2, 2020

Thanks for that info, looks like a really nice unit. My M3 does have the panel cutout.
Now I have to find an installer nearer than Seattle :-)
Anyone know of a shop in Soputh Florida? Anywhere between Palm Beach and Miami.