Forums

TESLA ≡ Event just posted

TESLA ≡ Event just posted

I just received an invitation for the unveiling of the Model 3, in LA. 650 places available via a lottery. Enter via a drawing on March 16th, at Noon PST. See your MY TESLA page.

Muzzman1 | March 15, 2016
KP in NPT | March 15, 2016

I'm most excited that it says owners will go ahead of non owners - even if you don't go in person to store.

KP in NPT | March 15, 2016

I'm most excited that it says owners will go ahead of non owners - even if you don't go in person to store.

ken | March 15, 2016

I forgot to say, LA, 3/31/16. 7PM.

Xerogas | March 15, 2016

Still has rear-view mirrors. Bummer

Ankit Mishra | March 15, 2016

Wow!! Great gesture by Tesla to allow owners to move ahead in line.

Ankit Mishra | March 15, 2016

The shape of the car looks awesome. It has sexy written all over it.

JZ13 | March 15, 2016

I'm a long term owner. I see nothing on My Tesla page and have not received an email.....bummer!

moorelin | March 15, 2016

If you click to sign up it says: "Model 3 reservations will open to the public in Tesla stores at 10am Pacific on March 31st. A website live stream with online reservations will begin at 8:30pm Pacific the same day."

nhirsch | March 15, 2016

where on the "My Telsa" page is it? I looked but don't see it anywhere.

TaoJones | March 15, 2016

Off the top, I like it. Sensible approach (lottery for 650), while leaving room for a few hundred (capacity is actually closer to 1000) special folk. The owners > non-owners thing is fine, although within that, presumably, the loaded versus strippie prioritization will still hold.

My entry is stuck upon browser redirect. Doh. We shall see...

nhirsch | March 15, 2016

nevermind the above comment. I looked in my e-mail and found my invitation to the lottery

PhillyGal | March 15, 2016

Woohoo! I wasn't necessarily for owners getting priority for M3 reservations but that didn't stop me from doing a happy dance just now!

jordanrichard | March 15, 2016

So, us owners get what exactly, ahead of non owners? Does it mean present owners will have first crack at configuring their cars, when the time comes?

I am still trying to figure out Tesla's time line and the logic behind it. 10 am PST/1 pm EST, people will able to place a deposit on a car that won't be revealed until 10.5 hours later in the day. Why wait 10 am?

KevinR.co.us | March 15, 2016

I already have "The Grin" thinking about ordering online (Still taking pictures of the real line outside the Park Meadows store).

ModelSD | March 15, 2016

I tried to register for the event but the website seems to not complete the request. Anyone else having issues with this?

cchouston | March 15, 2016

No problem here in registering. Also, so.....if you order on line on the 31st, as I understand it, if you are current Tesla owner, you take priority over someone who ordered at the store who isn't a current owner AND if your plan is to fully option the car, it makes sense to simply order online.

DC@Tesla | March 15, 2016

Tesla,
I'm local, I'm coming. Forget the lottery. Jus send me the real invite.

Eric | March 15, 2016

Darn! 10AM. I don't think I'll be able to make it. I was going to order one for me and one for her. I'll need to send a proxy, with whom I can trust $2000.00. Any volunteers?

Shesmyne2 | March 15, 2016

@PG
Me too!

Still Grinning ;-)

danCE | March 16, 2016

@Jordan, @Kevin, @CC, here's what I posted in another thread:

The reservation process will not involve ANY configuration whatsoever. Existing owners will probably be asked to login to the website so that the reservation system knows who we are (compared to the TVs [Tesla Virgins] who can sign up starting the next day.) You'll simply confirm your contact info and provide a credit card that will be charged $1000. Then enjoy the reveal.

Some time towards the end of 2017, you'll be invited to spec out your car and can then pick whatever battery size and options you want. Only then will Tesla assign the build order, picking the most heavily optioned cars to deliver first.

We have no way of knowing whether base cars from current owners will be built before heavily optioned cars ordered by TVs in the initial rush.

Remnant | March 20, 2016

@ Xerogas (March 15, 2016)

<< Still has rear-view mirrors. Bummer >>

Not Tesla's fault.

While creating a new requirement for cameras NHTSA appears to have maintained the old mirror requirement, which will make rear visibility technology expensive and awkward, even though it declared cameras the superior tool.

It also seems NHTSA has failed to respond to Tesla's request to allow cameras to substitute for mirrors. I can only hope Tesla will appeal the dual mandate, in order to offer its customers cameras exclusively, with mirrors only as a legacy option.

rxlawdude | September 25, 2019

Flagging the damn MORON, and reported to Tesla. This guy's got to go.