Forums

Rear arm rest

Rear arm rest

Test drove a model S this past weekend and decided that evening to put down our reservation for a Model 3. One thing we immediately noticed in the S is no arm rest in the back seats. We thought it odd that there is no center arm rest. I hope that the model 3 includes one. It's such a small, trivial thing but seems a bit odd to me that they don't have one that folds down like most other rear seats

Frank99 | February 6, 2017

Welcome to the waiting room, fm.

Good question about the rear arm rests. No clues are available yet, as the Model 3's that have been revealed so far don't have production interiors (hard to say how much of what we saw about the interior will be in the production cars). I don't think any of the reveal cars had rear arm rests though...

noleaf4me | February 6, 2017

I plan on being in the drivers seat..........

Red Sage ca us | February 7, 2017

Gator arms, eh?

DTsea | February 7, 2017

Thats because fold down middle armrests are bad if you sit in the middle (uncomfortable when up). In ICE car with hump who cares.... nobody sits in the middle. In a Tesla, a real 5 pax car, it matters.

andy.connor.e | February 7, 2017

At this time, i plan on being a sleeping driver. They better have a pillow accessory for the driver seat.

stevenmaifert | February 7, 2017

Odd? What was odd is that the Model S didn't originally come with a front seat center console like most other cars do. After years of MS owner complaints, they now make one available in the Tesla store for a mere $1,250. I also purchased their removable rear seat cup holder/arm rest for only $650, which is no longer available. Not taking bets that the M3 will come with either as standard equipment.

Red Sage ca us | February 7, 2017

I'm typically against armrests appearing on anything I sit on other than a couch.

I don't want a couch in my car.

bstew | April 14, 2017

I'm trying to decide if I will get into the Tesla family. But the more I read responses like these the more I'm on the fence. Like the original poster not having a rear arm rest in the Model S and X is crazy. Based on my salesperson this is one of the most requested features.

I've actually been looking for an older Model S that has the rear executive seats. They are hard to find, when I do the interior seats doesn't seem to be holding up well. The driver seat always seem like the leather is stretched.

Red Sage ca us | April 14, 2017

Ah. What you are looking for is somewhere else. Here, I'll help... Look here:

"SIT IN THE LAP OF LUXURY.

"At the pinnacle of functionality and comfort is the Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package. Ease the stresses of travel with functional comfort-based seating, footrests, and plush floor mats. The standard Wi-Fi Hotspot also allows you to easily stream content from your mobile device directly to the 10" entertainment screens and a Wireless Charging pocket conveniently charges the Display Key and your smart phone while on the road."

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/7series/sedan.html

bstew | April 14, 2017

Red Sage why are you posting something from BMW's site? If I wanted a BMW I would go to their site and buy one. This post is about rear arm rests. Tesla has some used cars that has them.

Civicrick | April 14, 2017

One of the more vocal trolls used the term bimmer felator whatever that means

Carl Thompson | April 14, 2017

Watch out, bstew, or you will become one of the [IGNORED]. You'll want to do anything in your power to avoid such a horrible fate.

Car

KP in NPT | April 14, 2017

Funny. Our soon-to-be-history ICE has a center armrest and I don't think it has ever once been used. I forgot it was even there.

bstew | April 14, 2017

If asking about having an armrest in a car brings on such fate as being [IGNORED], I guess I have to face the fate.

d.r.coursol | April 14, 2017

I think the Tesla aftermarket company EVANNEX offers rear seat arm rests. I plan on getting one for my M3... I can't wait until the online M3 configuration come up... I'll have fun trying to decide on interior specs.

bstew | April 18, 2017

I guess Tesla has decided to offer a rear center console in the Model X.

Madatgascar | April 19, 2017

@bstew, where did you hear that? I'd be all over that. I made one myself from scratch.

jordanrichard | April 20, 2017

Typically the center seat, where the arm rest would be located, is not very comfortable.

JuJo0 | April 20, 2017

@tbouquet

It's already available in the Design Studio for the Model X.