Forums

Back on the autopilot bandwagon!

Back on the autopilot bandwagon!

Just drove my dad's Model S for the night down to a hockey game and back. It was my first time using autopilot for an extended drive.

It was truly flawless.

It has me thinking with a 45 minute each way commute, I'd be nuts to not get the car with autopilot.

It handled a curving highway at speed like a champ and stayed steady and always centered in the lane.

akgolf | March 25, 2017

I've had three test drives and was able to use AP each time. It's on my list.

SoFlaModel3 | March 26, 2017

My initial thought process was to make sure I get all of the things I want that can't be added later while staging within my price target of ~$47k, but now I really want this day 1!

Frank99 | March 26, 2017

EAP is number 1 on my list of upgrades. FSD may not make it.

Carl Thompson | March 26, 2017

Frank99:
"EAP is number 1 on my list of upgrades. FSD may not make it."

Yup. FSD won't make my cut because it will likely be a few years before you can use it. In that time I may not even own the car (maybe I trade up to the S or 3D or YD). So no point in spending the money now for something I can't use now. And if it turns out I keep my 3 long term and want FSD I can add it in a few years when available to use.

Carl

kzodz | March 26, 2017

Yes, but was it an AP1 or AP2 car? The AP2's continue to stink by comparison. I've never driven an AP2, but the AP1 I drove was near perfection.

Carl Thompson | March 26, 2017

kzodz:
"The AP2's continue to stink by comparison."

That is a big concern for me. What if Tesla can't make AP2 and their own hardware / software as good as Mobileeye was?

Carl