@Coastal_Cruiser and I thought we would create a "sticky note" for the Model 3 section. The Owner's Manual Companion/FAQ lives in the Model S section:
It may look kind of fresh, but that's because we regularly reset it. It is actually several years of collected knowledge and fun. We'll reset this OP too (once we incorporate any useful information from the threads).
• Be polite. We’re all on the same team.
• If you have the knowledge to answer questions posed by others, please help out. If someone is mistaken with their facts, politely correct them. Links to sources help a lot. That is all in keeping with the spirit of user forums.
• For the Chevy Bolt we recommend you pick a single Original Post and make all comments there. No reason to let the Model 3 section be dominated by several Bolt posts.
• If you find that this post is not on the first page… Please bump it!
• Listen to actual owners. Folks like @Bighorn have been taking long road trips and posting helpful tips here for years. When in doubt look at the OMC/FAQ to see who the "old timers" are. Folks that post there or have contributed to it have
a lot of first-hand knowledge. Just remember they are not necessarily old.
• Don’t feed the trolls. The name Tesla, and the company’s awesome electric vehicles, at times inspire controversy. This is natural. But occasionally there are those who post simply to “stir the pot” for kicks. Such people are most often referred to as Trolls. The Urban Dictionary defines a troll as: “One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.”
It’s hard to get a user banned on this forum because the Tesla employees are busy with other things. The best way to deal with a troll is not respond to them. Don’t reply, don’t argue. It’s usually a baseless and/or erroneous opinion being put forth, so it’s best to simply ignore it. Owners will likely flag agregious posts, and they will be removed if enough (7) do this. Use the Tesla Forums Enhancement Suite (TFES) to [IGNORE] a specific user easily on Chrome:
The TFES also includes a Google Site Search field on every page.
• If you’re angry, your negative energy will come through in your post. Try to find a way to say what you believe without invalidating another member.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Please follow this advice when posting links and you are blocked by Mollom. It makes it much easier for folks on smartphones and tablets:
The originator of the OMC, @J.T. wrote this useful FAQ for the Model 3 too:
I also put together "The Tesla Advantage" post which links to many other resources too:
Tesla "Secret" Master Plan, by Elon Musk, Co-Founder & CEO of Tesla Motors posted on August 2, 2006:
ABOUT THIS POST
@CC and I felt that we could give the newest members of this forum a little friendly advice and a few useful pointers. Let us know what additions or edits you'd like to make too.
Please bump this if it falls off the first page.