Forums

Happy Memorial Day Everyone

Happy Memorial Day Everyone

A lot of people gave their lives in the past fighting for the notion of 'freedom'. Some people living today will take a moment to reflect on their sacrifice, and how different life would be -even in the semi-free world we are living in- if those who wanted to enslave others and annihilate the resisters had not been put into check. If WWII had gone the other way, could you imagine the 'green' movement ever catching on?

Bluesday Afternoon | May 29, 2017

Well said and I salute those who risk(ed) their lives to maintain our great country. We must also not forget to acknowledge our many allies who sacrificed so much to protect freedom. Many visit our Forums daily and this American is proud you joined us in the struggle and in Tesla's mission.

mntlvr23 | May 29, 2017

@CC and SR -
Amen
My flag is hung
My children have been reminded what this holiday really about
I stand with solemn and eternal gratitude for those who have all for us and for mankind

mntlvr23 | May 29, 2017

( ... who have given all ... )

lilbean | May 29, 2017

Amen

KP in NPT | May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day all...especially the veterans on the board. :)

ReD eXiLe ms us | May 29, 2017

Visited my Family Cemetery today... Hung streamers with U.S. flags as decoration. Remembered my Uncles who were in the U.S. Army. My Dad is buried in California, he was in the Army. So was his older Brother, who had been a P.O.W. during the Korean Conflict. I probably never would have been born if my Uncle hadn't survived that ordeal and been the first of his Family to move to California. Otherwise, my Dad wouldn't have followed him there from Tennessee and then met my Mom.