Forums

Broke down and ordered the M3 LR

Broke down and ordered the M3 LR

Current owner (‘13 MS and ‘16 MX).

After the delay announcement, bit the bullet and ordered the LR. Have no use for it as my commute leaves me with 150 miles remaining end of day but I was worried about tax credit and assumed at least one more delay for AWD and/or SR.

Also figured the LR option would have some residual value on resale so off we go... guessing others will do the same?

Tesla-David | February 8, 2018

You won't be disappointed. We love our LR M3 picked up last Saturday.

ng0 | February 8, 2018

I would've done the same if I were you. I hope not too many people decide to do that as well for my sake, but I definitely understand. Congrats on your order.

sbeggs | February 8, 2018

@paul,
Yep. Going to order LR to be ready for Great Lakes trip June 2018.

boardtoloop | February 8, 2018

After getting my Model S I really liked it. After owning it 4 months I am appreciating it more and more as I really get to know the car. After reading Road and Track and other reviews that describe how much better the Model 3 drives, I think getting it is a rare oppurtunity and I am so happy I have a reservation :)

billstanton | February 8, 2018

Dittos, actually switched mine last weekend. Read the tea leaves when I saw the dual motor designs surfacing. Figured the less expensive model would be pushed back. Certainly do not fault Tesla for building most expensive configurations first.

seattlemag | February 8, 2018

Congrats, Paul, sbeggs, and billstanton ! Bummer for those of us hoping to get your place in line, but hoping you enjoy the car! Looking forward to hearing about your experience :)

chris.hansen | February 8, 2018

I also have no use for the LR but I like it so much I'm not sure I will want to sell it soon.

SUN 2 DRV | February 8, 2018

And don't forget that the LR version also charges faster and has a bigger warranty.

billstanton | February 8, 2018

@SUN 2 DRV: Oh thanks! Didn't even think about that! Got to tell my electrical type guy.