Forums

Paint Protection and Ceramic Coatings

Paint Protection and Ceramic Coatings

Configured a M3 Red last week in the Bay Area, CA. I have been looking at getting quotes for Paint protection and ceramic coatings as I want to get this done as soon as I take delivery.

Here are some quotes from some top rated shops in the Bay Area. Looking for recommendations to see if these are in line and which options have others gone with.

Paint Protection
Suntek - Full front package (Full Hood, Full Fenders, Full Front Bumper, Headilights, Fog Lights, Mirrors, Loading Deck Strip, Rear Splash Area on Rear Bumper) - $2250
XPEL Ultimate - Full Front package - $1550 (including the rocker panels)
Llumar Platinum - Full front package - $2100 (including rocker panels)

Ceramic Coating
CQuartz Finest - $2250
Opti Pro (5 year) - $900
Ceramic Pro (gold package - 4 coats, lifetime guarantee) - $1550

I am thinking off going with the XPEL Ultimate + Opti Pro.
I believe Suntek is more glossy than the XPEL ultimate but hoping the ceramic coating will make up for it.
Thoughts?

mcmack15 | April 18, 2018

If it were me............I would get as much of the car covered with Xpel Ultimate as I could afford, and skip the Opti-coat. Note, other forum members are just as happy with Suntek-------I just don't have any experience with it. My two cents---compare guarantees, and look at cars (the same color as yours) with both products on it and judge for yourself. My guess is that 99.9% of the people can't tell the difference between the two products.

I had Xpel on prior cars and was very happy with it. However, when I got my S last September I got cheap and only did the front bumper in Xpel, and rest in Opti-Coat (the latter is for looks only and offers minimal paint protection, if any, at all). The Opti-coat marred too easily for my liking , and I ended up with noticeable swirl marks on it where I GENTLY cleaned a light dirt smudge off with a micro fiber towel (and I have been cleaning sports cars for many years and know how to use a micro cloth)-----so, at the end of December I had the Opti-coat removed and had the entire front covered with the Xpel Ultimate (will do the rest of the car when we do my wife's 3 when it comes in this fall).

Two key points---the installer is the key for Xpel (price in secondary)---get recommendations. Also ask the installer about washing the car. If always going to hand wash, then no issue, but if not..............I go to a laser guided TOUCHLESS place............not sure how the brush or cloth only places will work on the Xpel--again, ask the installer. I know at my age the last thing I want to be doing is hand washing my car for the rest of my life. My Opti-Coat installer said the opti-coat had to be hand washed---they were pushing the waterless hand washing---so you may want to inquire about washing for the ceramic coatings too.

Most important of all---congratulations! You will love the car.

maintreqd | April 18, 2018

I'd love to fully wrap my 3 in Xpel Ultimate. It's a pretty penny, but then you're covered against most threats to the paint. I would think the car could go through any sort of carwash with that kind of protection on it?

I've also heard good things about the 3M Scotchguard, especially since they offer a warranty whereas Xpel I guess does not.

Agree with mcmack15 in that it's the installer that ultimately makes the big difference. I'm having a hard time in my little area (Albany NY) finding someone who does Xpel or 3M, which has been frustrating. The few I've found who do either have said they'd call with a quote, but have never gotten back to me. I am thinking about driving straight to NYC to have someone there do it since I'll most likely be picking up in Mt Kisco (about 1hr15m north)

Pari | April 18, 2018

Thanks mcmack15 and maintreqd . Full XPEL Ultimate was quoted at $4K. Need to make some decisions. I'll check with the installer if the car can go through a touchless car wash.

mark1234 | April 18, 2018

I'm doing the bumper and the hood next week. I ceramic coated the rest of the car myself after clay baring it using feynlab ceramic.
One back fever had very noticeable swirl marks that I buffed out using a porter cable DA polisher.

It was a lot of work, but saved me a pile of cash.

Coastal Cruiser. | April 18, 2018

Great report mcmack15.

Parikshat, good luck. OCDetailing is in Fremont, same as the factory, if you pick up there. "i'm planning on taking my car directly from the factory straight there. No freeway.

I am also going to look into adding the protection work to my loan. That way you can go whole hog and it doesn't hurt as much.

One thing, you may want to go to the OCDetailing youtube site and look at some videos. There is this whole segment of "Paint correction", before coatings are even applied. This can rack up a lot of labor hours. But I would hate to not have the correction done and then seal the glitches underneath the coating and film.

maintreqd | April 18, 2018

@Coastal Cruiser makes a great point. Many banks/credit unions etc will do a loan for up to 130% of the actual car's value so baking in some cash for paint correction and film or ceramic or both could be a great way to offset the burden a bit and roll it into your monthly payments.

novocane | April 18, 2018

I've been considering a full wrap in STEK (http://www.metropolitandetail.com/stek-dyno-shield-paint-protection-bell...) or just the front (bumper/hood/front fenders) with the rest of the car in Ceramic. But it is pricy. The full car wrapped in a matte finish STEK wrap is around $10K, which seems insane for plastic film.

12Brent | April 18, 2018

I'm struggling with what to do for my PPF/Opticoat decision and I'm hoping you all can provide advice or experience. I'm definitely getting the full front of the car covered in PPF because we live in Colorado with lots of gravel on the roads in the winter. My debate is that I worry about the flush door handles and the paint getting marred around them by fingernails, etc. Will Opti-coat be enough to protect from this or should I do PPF on the doors? If I do PPF I don't want to pay for Opti-coat too... what is the point of putting Opti-coat on PPF? Does it make it look more glossy, or does it just help with keeping the car cleaner and make it easier to clean. So, my question is, film on doors or opti-coat? Or both, if I want to get out of control? Thanks for your input!

ajk | April 18, 2018

12Brent- exactly!!!

feedpaula | April 18, 2018

I am also considering PPF on a pearl white. I've heard that old PPF did not look good on white. Anyone have XPEL ultimate on a pearl white?

12Brent | April 18, 2018

Mine is pearl white too.

gundarx | April 18, 2018

@12Brent, honestly I would not worry so much about fingernail marks by the door handles. On most cars, those marks can be polished away easily (they are typically white, fine scratches on the clear coat), especially with a DA orbital. Teslas should be easier because the handles are flush with the body instead of the scratched area being recessed under the handle, so an orbital will not have problems reaching it. My opinion is PPF's main protection is with rock chips and protection from parking incidents.

I'm speaking from experience with older generation PPF (on my other (garage queen) car) and newer film may have solves this, not sure, but PPF may introduce noticeable orange peel, different gloss than the rest of the car, surface will feel less slick as polished paint (less satisfying to clean?), may give you anxiety when there are dead bugs or tree sap, will be annoying to polish around without leaving oily marks around the edges (or worst, stuck on residue when using an abrasive polish). Also many years down the line, the PPF'd areas will have virgin paint while the rest of the car would have faded a bit. Though last week I've removed XPEL Ultimate (new-generation) film from our van being traded-in, and that film had noticeably yellowed...

I've opted for white paint on the M3 to minimize the appearance of rock chips, and will not be using PPF.

XPEL | April 18, 2018

"Paint Protection and Ceramic Coatings
Submitted by Parikshat on April 18, 2018
Configured a M3 Red last week in the Bay Area, CA. I have been looking at getting quotes for Paint protection and ceramic coatings as I want to get this done as soon as I take delivery.

Here are some quotes from some top rated shops in the Bay Area. Looking for recommendations to see if these are in line and which options have others gone with.

Paint Protection
Suntek - Full front package (Full Hood, Full Fenders, Full Front Bumper, Headilights, Fog Lights, Mirrors, Loading Deck Strip, Rear Splash Area on Rear Bumper) - $2250
XPEL Ultimate - Full Front package - $1550 (including the rocker panels)
Llumar Platinum - Full front package - $2100 (including rocker panels)

Ceramic Coating
CQuartz Finest - $2250
Opti Pro (5 year) - $900
Ceramic Pro (gold package - 4 coats, lifetime guarantee) - $1550

I am thinking off going with the XPEL Ultimate + Opti Pro.
I believe Suntek is more glossy than the XPEL ultimate but hoping the ceramic coating will make up for it.
Thoughts?"

Thank you for choosing XPEL to protect your Tesla. The price you were quoted for a full front with rockers is a great deal as the typical cost of full front with rockers is typically around the $2,250 - $2,500 price point. This is of course the full hood and fenders, front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and rocker panels. Be sure to ask to protect the rear luggage area as well as the door edges.

In regards to the glossy statement, we just launched our brand new film, ULTIMATE PLUS yesterday and it's the most technologically advanced film on the market. Check out this video we created where we put the film through some stress tests. -- https://youtu.be/hI4lW8uNRqY --

XPEL, I watched your video. Are you up for a few questions? I'm assuming your are a rep with XPEL Please state if otherwise.

1) Would you recommend (or not) using a ceramic coating with the Ultimate Plus? Would it affect the warranty?

2) What _is_ the warranty on this new product?

3) Has the price gone up?

Optional BONUS question:
In the movie 'Pulp Fiction' John Travolta's character got his car "keyed" just after he got it out of storage. Would Ultimate Plus have self-healed that damage?

XPEL: Two ultimate questions plus:

1) Would you care to comment on member gundarx's comment: "Though last week I've removed XPEL Ultimate (new-generation) film from our van being traded-in, and that film had noticeably yellowed..." normal? .. anomaly .?.. space aliens?

2) If one is interested in PROTECTION and ultimate EASY OF WASHING, but doesn't give a hoot about GLOSSY surface, what productsor combination of products would you recommend?

Thank you!

XPEL | April 18, 2018

"Coastal Cruiser. | April 18, 2018
XPEL, I watched your video. Are you up for a few questions? I'm assuming your are a rep with XPEL Please state if otherwise.

1) Would you recommend (or not) using a ceramic coating with the Ultimate Plus? Would it affect the warranty?

2) What _is_ the warranty on this new product?

3) Has the price gone up?

Optional BONUS question:
In the movie 'Pulp Fiction' John Travolta's character got his car "keyed" just after he got it out of storage. Would Ultimate Plus have self-healed that damage?"

Absolutely, I am with XPEL at our HQ in San Antonio, TX.

1) I would recommend using ceramic coatings on TOP of XPEL only. Applying underneath may interfere with adhesion of the film over time. It does not affect the warranty.

2) The warranty is still our same great 10 Year Warranty that covers: yellowing, hazing, staining, delaminating, bubbling, cracking, peeling, and lifting.

3) Pricing will be very similar.

BONUS) This is an amazing question. I have personally seen cases where the film has saved the paint when keyed, and cases where it did not. But let's just say that it gets keyed and goes through the film and damages the paint so much that it has to be repainted. Most insurance companies will pay to have the film replaced. So we have you covered in both extremes.

XPEL | April 18, 2018

XPEL: Two ultimate questions plus:

1) Would you care to comment on member gundarx's comment: "Though last week I've removed XPEL Ultimate (new-generation) film from our van being traded-in, and that film had noticeably yellowed..." normal? .. anomaly .?.. space aliens?

2) If one is interested in PROTECTION and ultimate EASY OF WASHING, but doesn't give a hoot about GLOSSY surface, what productsor combination of products would you recommend?

Thank you!"

Happy to answer any and all questions.

1) When film is removed (any brand) it can look stained/yellow in the hand when on the car it doesn't look stained or yellow. If you ever notice ULTIMATE or ULTIMATE PLUS looking stained or yellow within your 10 year warranty window, then we will replace it for FREE. Just contact us at support@xpel.com to get the process started.

2) This is a good question. So if you want protection, the only way to go would be a paint protection film. ULTIMATE PLUS and ULTIMATE are both extremely easy to clean/wash/maintain. What we would recommend would be to have ULTIMATE PLUS installed on the full front end (Full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) and rocker panels. Then have a ceramic coating applied to the entire car including the XPEL protected areas. This will give you maximum protection in high impact areas, with the ease of cleaning/maintenance on the entire car.

"Most insurance companies will pay to have the film replaced. So we have you covered in both extremes."

Brilliant! He nailed the bonus question folks!

And the part about insurance companies paying for new film. By chance are you aware the owner had notified the insurance carrier up front that the car had been filmed, or for the ones that did pay up, did they do so when notified after the fact? (no demerits if you don't know this one).

XPEL | April 18, 2018

""Most insurance companies will pay to have the film replaced. So we have you covered in both extremes."

Brilliant! He nailed the bonus question folks!

And the part about insurance companies paying for new film. By chance are you aware the owner had notified the insurance carrier up front that the car had been filmed, or for the ones that did pay up, did they do so when notified after the fact? (no demerits if you don't know this one)."

We appreciate the love. :)

Good question. Most often, owners don't remember to call the insurance company until after the accident. But I don't think when you tell them matters so much as just making sure you tell them at all. Every time I've heard of an accident with XPEL on the car, the insurance company has paid to have it replaced. (They may just give you the money to have it done after the car is done being repaired.)
**WARNING HERE -- insurance companies don't know the difference between a good installer and a cheap installer, same goes for the film. So be sure if you're ever in an accident to DEMAND that they take your car to your preferred XPEL installer to get the work done and not just the closest guy down the street who may be the cheapest.**

Very instructive. The only other inquiry I can think of for now is with regards to your warranty. I think I already know the answer but please confirm: If the warranty is engaged does XPEL just pay for the materials, or do they pay to have them installed??

I must assume it is materials only, because otherwise you would have a warranty that is "too good to be true", and I've only seen that twice in my long life. One was with the old 'Henry' knives. If you lost the knife the Henry people would send you a new one. I lost mine, and it was replaced.

The other is with the Fisher Space Pen, the Jerry Seinfeld approved pen that writes upside down. The promise to send you a new one if you "break" yours. Indeed I did break mine, and they indeed send a free replacement... and two BONUS spare cartridges.

Moral of the story: If you guys were to offer full replacement you could probably run the other guys right out of business. ;>

Just another opinion from an old, lazy guy that hates washing, waxing, detailing cars. I had Xpel Ultimate on part of one corvette, and then had my last corvette 100% covered. I was very happy with the product and actively answer these posts supporting the product (see above). I also like the way the Xpel folks jump on the forums and answer the questions without any BS.

Having said that.................I disagree with a small portion of the above. I see no reason to put any coating on top of the Xpel. It is shiny enough as is, and is SO easy to clean (the main reason I initially got it on the corvettes). Very easy to keep the car looking great between washes. In fact, I think putting a ceramic coating on the Xpel sort of defeats the purpose of cutting back on the maintenance------the coatings have to be maintained. And, based upon my actual experience with one of the ceramic coatings, I found it marred and showed swirl marks way too easily ------after paying a zillion dollars for the Xpel, the last thing I want is for a product applied on top of the Xpel to look all scratched up and show swirl marks.

I did use an Xpel product 2-3 times a year to help maintain the Xpel. It took me maybe 20 minutes to do the entire car---and I will be using it on our model S (and the 3 when we get it) as well

Xpel--if you don't mind, how does the Xpel Ultimate hold up in car washes where either the brushes or cloths touch the car? And maybe you can list the name of the product I am referring to above and explain exactly what it does-------mine is still packed away as we are still getting friggin snow around here.

mark1234 | April 18, 2018

Here's 2 pictures of my home DIY Ceramic coating .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sZwD6dNssQfQRhzi1

Pari | April 18, 2018

Mark, the car looks awesome. Great finish. I plan to visit a few installers here and will update the thread. I will ask about XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS. @Coastal Cruiser: I spoke to Joe at OCD Detailing. They use Suntek. They do incredible work. The question is around cost. Personally, I don't think it is worth spending the money on Suntek and then ceramic coating it.

Alex_SD | April 18, 2018

All this money and in a few years you’ll trade it in with Tesla for market price... no extra for all that...

carlgo2 | April 18, 2018

I envision a day when cars will be made easy to wrap and optional colors, or maybe any paint will be obsolete. The first thing to go are those hideous complex bumpers and grills that to me are so dated now anyway. Hard to wrap those designs.

White seems like the best thing for me too, maybe with an exotic quartz type coating. Why not do that job myself?

nwfan | April 18, 2018

Had xpel ultimate applied on my Model 3 Pearl White.
Had a professional installer apply the film.
Front door forward, hood, mirrors. Rear rocker panel and bumper.
Ft Worth.
Same place tinting my car 3M Crystilline and applied 3m vinyl wrap to
center console.

With all the road construction in my area. A must. Also TX summer another
must for tinting.

Must if you have bugs. Easy to remove off front bumper, hood and mirrors.

If anyone in the DFW area is interested. Technics Tinting 817 571 8468
Located off Keller-Hicks Road near Alliance Airport.
Speak to Corey. Authorized xpel and 3M dealer/installer.

He also did both of my S's and Volt's.

maintreqd | April 19, 2018

Xpel--if you don't mind, how does the Xpel Ultimate hold up in car washes where either the brushes or cloths touch the car?

+1,000,000

I'm dying to find a product that will protect the fragile paint in a carwash with brushes. I'll take all the flak people wanna throw at me for this statement, I don't care--I don't have a garage or driveway and my local car wash has an unlimited wash club that I've been using for years--I have no intentions of changing my routine in that respect. I am happy, however, to fully wrap my new Model 3 with PPF if the film plays well with the brushes, etc. in automated car washes.

maintreqd | April 19, 2018

Actually my car wash club uses the hanging and spinning cloth strips, no brushes or bristles I don't believe. But still. Eager for Xpel's answer on this.

mark1234 | April 19, 2018

I would suggest going to a wash it yourself place then. Take a bucket. And only use the solutions you spray on, and wash the car by haand. Automatic car washes will negate your expensive coatings.

XPEL | April 19, 2018

Very instructive. The only other inquiry I can think of for now is with regards to your warranty. I think I already know the answer but please confirm: If the warranty is engaged does XPEL just pay for the materials, or do they pay to have them installed??

I must assume it is materials only, because otherwise you would have a warranty that is "too good to be true", and I've only seen that twice in my long life. One was with the old 'Henry' knives. If you lost the knife the Henry people would send you a new one. I lost mine, and it was replaced.

The other is with the Fisher Space Pen, the Jerry Seinfeld approved pen that writes upside down. The promise to send you a new one if you "break" yours. Indeed I did break mine, and they indeed send a free replacement... and two BONUS spare cartridges.

Moral of the story: If you guys were to offer full replacement you could probably run the other guys right out of business. ;>"

Coastal Cruiser,

I'm happy to report that our 10 Year Warranty covers Parts AND Labor, so yes we will pay to have it installed as well. :)

"mcmack15 | April 18, 2018
Just another opinion from an old, lazy guy that hates washing, waxing, detailing cars. I had Xpel Ultimate on part of one corvette, and then had my last corvette 100% covered. I was very happy with the product and actively answer these posts supporting the product (see above). I also like the way the Xpel folks jump on the forums and answer the questions without any BS.

Having said that.................I disagree with a small portion of the above. I see no reason to put any coating on top of the Xpel. It is shiny enough as is, and is SO easy to clean (the main reason I initially got it on the corvettes). Very easy to keep the car looking great between washes. In fact, I think putting a ceramic coating on the Xpel sort of defeats the purpose of cutting back on the maintenance------the coatings have to be maintained. And, based upon my actual experience with one of the ceramic coatings, I found it marred and showed swirl marks way too easily ------after paying a zillion dollars for the Xpel, the last thing I want is for a product applied on top of the Xpel to look all scratched up and show swirl marks.

I did use an Xpel product 2-3 times a year to help maintain the Xpel. It took me maybe 20 minutes to do the entire car---and I will be using it on our model S (and the 3 when we get it) as well

Xpel--if you don't mind, how does the Xpel Ultimate hold up in car washes where either the brushes or cloths touch the car? And maybe you can list the name of the product I am referring to above and explain exactly what it does-------mine is still packed away as we are still getting friggin snow around here."

mcmack15,

Thank you very much for the kind words and for choosing XPEL to protect your Corvette and Tesla.

Now, onto your questions
- Car Wash brushes and cloths?
You can drive a vehicle with XPEL through a car wash. If the cloths and brushes leave swirl marks then 99.9% of the time they will self-heal and disappear. My personal daily driver (Toyota 4Runner) gets taken through those car washes and I haven't had a swirl mark or scratch that didn't self-heal after letting the car sit in the sun (where the XPEL is installed of course). In fact, by the time you get out of the wash and are done vacuuming the interior, the scratches have self-healed from the heat of the sun. But we're also in South Texas where heat is a pretty common thing. So the final answer is, yes it's okay, but I cannot guarantee that every single scratch or swirl will go away every single time. I worked at a car wash in college and we would have vehicles that were so dirty they would leave residue on the cloths/brushes and then sometimes would transfer onto the vehicles behind them potentially scratching the vehicles paint. A rare occurrence, but it did happen. Another top tip about drive-thru car washes, before entering the tunnel, be sure to tell the attendant to give you space in front of and behind your car. This will make sure the machines make a full complete pass behind and in front of your vehicle. When they try to cram too many cars in the tunnel, the machines may not make it all the way around your vehicle and that's when you see those cars with the weird dirt vertical lines on the back of their bumpers because the brushes didn't quite make it all the way around.

- The product you were referring to I believe is our Flawless Finish Film Sealant - http://www.xpel.com/product/xpel-ppf-sealant-16-oz/ and it attaches itself at a molecular level forming a hardened barrier when exposed to UV light. By sealing off the pores in the film, the sealant will reduce absorption of pollutants, tar, and pollen; as well as staining due to acid rain, hard water and bugs by 90%. Thing of it as a wax engineered for paint protection film.

Coastal Cruiser. | April 19, 2018

"- The product you were referring to I believe is our Flawless Finish Film Sealant - http://www.xpel.com/product/xpel-ppf-sealant-16-oz/ and it attaches itself at a molecular level forming a hardened barrier when exposed to UV light."

Well the fun never stops. It would appear this is a product that one might use in lieu of a ceramic sealer, yes? I would assume so since it is sealing the pours in the film.

And further, one must wonder what impact either of the sealants might have on the self-healing function. I wonder if anyone has tested if the xpel sealant facilitates self-healing over a ceramic coated film.

XPEL | April 19, 2018

Coastal Cruiser,

Correct, if you want to protect the film and seal the pours only, then the sealant is the way to go. If you were after the hydrophobic affect and even easier cleaning on the entire car not just the paint, then a ceramic coating would still be the go to method.

The self-healing properties of the film still work when ceramic coatings or sealant is applied. If the top layer of the film gets fine scratches or swirl marks, they will self-heal. :)

hzb | April 19, 2018

?best place to get xpel installed in houston area?

XPEL | April 19, 2018

hzb,

Great question. Please visit http://www.xpel.com/clearbra_installers/listings/United_States/Texas/Hou... for listings. Be sure to narrow it down to 2-3 and ask to see examples of their work so you can gauge their workmanship, and their customer service quality.

mdmcfp | April 19, 2018

Any one the Phoenix are do this sort of work?

JustSaying | April 19, 2018

I just got a XPEL quote in Socal. full front $1875 about $350 too high for me, I'll pass.

mark1234 | April 19, 2018

Justsaying, stickercity will do it for your budget.

Premium package - Full hood, partial fenders, mirrors, bumper, headlights and fog lights. $1299

voss.ken | April 19, 2018

@XPEL I have a question for you. Do you now have 2 different products (Xpel Ultimate and Xpel Ultimate plus?) or has Xpel ultimate plus replaced the previous product?

The reason I ask is I am having the front of my model 3 (Bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors) done next week and the shop didn't offer Xpel Ultimate plus, the agreement was just written up as Xpel Ultimate.

hzb | April 19, 2018

>Great question. Please visit http://www.xpel.com/clearbra_installers/listings/United_States/Texas/Hou... for listings. >Be sure to narrow it down to 2-3 and ask to see examples of their work so you can gauge their workmanship, and >their customer service quality.

thanks but i was hoping for a recommendation to narrow it down to 1 or 2 of these

XPEL | April 20, 2018

Justsaying,

That's actually a pretty fair price for full frontal protection. As Mark mentioned, StickerCity does excellent work and can create a package that will fit within your budget.

Voss.ken,

It will all be ULTIMATE PLUS from here on out. By the time your car comes in, that shop may already be using ULTIMATE PLUS. Either product will perform and protect your paint.

hzb,

I understand, but as we cannot play favorites, my recommendation would be to call a couple and get a feel for which ones you like. Or, check a local Tesla of Houston Facebook Group Page (not sure if that's the name but I'm sure there's a group page) and ask them. You can of course always check Yelp and Google Reviews as well.

Ozspeed | May 25, 2018

@Pari out of interest where were you quoted those prices? And what did you go with in the end?

Cheers.

Derektywong | May 26, 2018

for absolutely the best head to premier in fremont.

sroh | May 26, 2018

Thanks XPEL for your contributions here. I am planning on getting Xpel installed on the front of our car as well.

One question:

If applying ceramic coating on top of Xpel, do you need to do any prep to the ppf beforehand?

karthik.deshpande | May 30, 2018

@Pari, The price you quoted is the best one I saw so far. I live in Bay Area too. Could you please let me know the shop name for these prices?

Also, have you decided which option you are going with?