Ok I think it is pretty clear that John Peterson is the most prolific anti-EV voice on the internet. He has nearly 25,000 posts on one investment website alone. Google anything negative about batteries or EV's and his name is sure to pop up. The scary thing is that he has a pretty huge following, and people are actually listening to his lies. Some of which are as follows:
- He constantly makes claims that full EV's are a waste of battery use (he thinks hybrids save more petrol overall for the price).
- He thinks batteries are far too energy intensive to produce and only generate a payback if used in small hybrid applications. Despite not taking into account the ICE vehicle industry OR the oil/gas industry's cradle to grave energy inefficiencies OR the fact that EV's and their batteries could be nearly 100% recyclable and powered by renewable energy.
-He claims there are no economies of scale to be had in the battery industry so mass production won't bring costs down ever.
- He claims there are not enough physical resources in the earth to make all vehicles full BEV's
- He thinks battery technology is far from any significant improvement and even if we do get a breakthrough the new batteries will be far too expensive to ever be practical for at least 20 years.
- He thinks battery cycle life is unsuitable for full BEV's - they won't last long enough.
- He personally dislikes Elon and has labelled him as "suffering from some form of delusional ADD" because he thinks he is smart enough to run three cutting edge companies at the same time.
- He has attacked Tesla's methods of accounting and thinks they are violating company laws by using deposits to fund operations.
- And much much more.
I say we get these guys into a room and let them debate these issues.
Peterson is single handedly trying to destroy the BEV industry and Tesla most of all...because if Tesla is successful the tiny battery company that he owns a large amount of shares in is toast (because it relies on small battery hybrid type applications in vehicles to survive).
I know people will say that Elon shouldn't waste his time on people like this...but this is THE GUY in terms of the anti-EV crowd...silence him and we will go a long way towards silencing most of the EV critics out there.
Plus I think it would be awesome to watch Elon thrash this arrogant douchebag!
C'mon Elon! I know you read these forums (or somebody from Tesla does)...lets make this happen!