Submitted by tnawara on October 1, 2011
Reading through the new site content released today, it looks like Tesla has provided us with some details on features that either provide more clarity or are complete new (at least to me):
- Panoramic roof details: "An extra large sunroof made of a front and rear glass panel. The front panel can tilt up for ventilation or slide open over the rear panel." Sounds like we'll have touchscreen controls to swipe to the position we want for the roof.
- The Key: Interesting design. Car turns on when you buckle up if you have the key.
- Air suspension option
- Addition of traction & stability control
- Charge port in the driver's side tail light
- Standard, thinner universal connector for charging via 240 volt, 120 volt and public stations
- Interior: At least three levels (Standard, Select, Signature)
- Dashboard design: Much more refined than the Alphas.
- Two upholders in front console
- More details on the touchscreen layout and features. Looks like important information is replicated in the instrument cluster
- Four USB Ports, WiFi & mobile connectivity (with hotspot capability)