Submitted by Cattledog on June 7, 2012
OK – Two weeks ‘til launch. We know the car mag writers and bloggers are going to explode, and some will be bent to take down Tesla. We all know their main argument – range anxiety. Let’s take control of the debate, get people off their fixations and misperceptions, educate a few writers, and help some poor folks who might have fallen prey to the hyperbole. Here are my Top 10 reasons for choosing Tesla Model S:
1. Range Extension – I can go 1,000 miles in my new Model S for the same price as going 250 in my ICE.
2. Design – Model S blends the intuitive and artful with the scientific and demonstrable.
3. Performance – The combination of the lowest coefficient of drag and center of gravity of any production vehicle.
4. The Quiet – Oh Model S, I can’t hear you…
5. Simplicity – The flow from inside to out – sorry to many but this car had to, had to forego excess console and cupholders to get to a new state of elegant simplicity that matched aesthetics with engineering.
6. The Touchscreen – Why haven’t people who have been making cars for 100 years figured this out?
7. The Stores – Love ‘em!
8. The Marketing – Do you recall the Leaf generating one thimbleful of the excitement that Model S has?
9. Elon – This feels like buying one of Edison’s first light bulbs.
10. Made in America – Hell Yes!
So what are yours?