Forums

falcon wing door damage on garage. Cost to repair falcon wing door

falcon wing door damage on garage. Cost to repair falcon wing door

tranhv68 | May 28, 2018

how much does it cost to repair falcon wing door damage in garage

jjgunn | May 28, 2018

What happened?

lilbean | May 28, 2018

What usually happens is the car is driven with the doors open and then, bam!

Ross1 | May 28, 2018

It would be cheaper to take the X into a Custom shop and get it cut and shut with a Kombi rear end , or the like.

bp | May 29, 2018

Can OP provide more information on the damage?

Was the damage caused by a failure in the falcon wing door sensors or software, causing the doors to hit something - resulting in damage to the car, garage, or surrounding objects/cars?

Or was this caused by misusing the doors, such as driving into the garage with the doors already open?

bp | May 29, 2018

Can OP provide more information on the damage?

Was the damage caused by a failure in the falcon wing door sensors or software, causing the doors to hit something - resulting in damage to the car, garage, or surrounding objects/cars?

Or was this caused by misusing the doors, such as driving into the garage with the doors already open?

raffidesigns | May 29, 2018

I have to agree with lilbean. Either the damage is from driving in with the doors open, or damage from within the garage. Only time will tell if and when the OP has time to provide us further info.

mathwhiz | May 31, 2018

There's also the, 'oops I forgot, and operated the garage door opener with the falcon wings open...' (damage from within the garage?) mistake... Which is why, when I ordered a Model X I immediately changed the door to a side-mechanism so that wouldn't happen...

But anyway, how can we estimate repair costs without any idea what happened? (hint, hint...)

pedro2mwm | December 10, 2019

I drove out with left falcon door open. Roof glass broke and door is twisted and not able to close. How much is this going to cost?

jimglas | December 10, 2019

How did you avoid all the warnings?

lilbean | December 10, 2019

What’s your insurance deductible?

Passion2Fly | December 10, 2019

Oh, man! You better call your insurance. this is going to be EXPENSIVE...

Triggerplz | December 10, 2019

The cost, 2 arms and a leg

Bighorn | December 11, 2019

Take these broken wings
You've got to learn to fly, learn to live, love so free
-Mr Mister

Pungoteague_Dave | December 13, 2019

Totally sympathize. I've done 'dumber' things. I once pulled a trailer with my sailboat on it with the mast still standing, under an electrical line. Took out the marina's entire pier power for a week. Only after hitting it did I see the warning sign at the entrance to that lane "No Sailboats - Overhead Power". That's bad enough. A year later, when pulling out the SAME boat, since repaired, in a different location, I hit ANOTHER overhead power line and was dismasted. Sh*t happens and people are basically incompetent - even when trying really hard. So smile and have another beer!

As to cost, your car could well be totalled depending on what the crash did to the underling roof structure. It is core to the vehicle and the single most important alignment challenge for Tesla (Elon Musk calls it his biggest design mistake) - it will likely require disassembly before feasibility and pricing can be established.

Mrotr565 | January 6, 2020

Oh my god. I’m so sorry to hear that this happened. And I thought my spoiler being dented was bad. Dude i hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction. You will need to go to a certified Tesla body shop and they will give you an estimate