Forums

Which third-party apps do you use and recommend?

Which third-party apps do you use and recommend?

LeviDahl | June 14, 2018

PlugShare. It was a godsend for my Soul EV.

Volta's app sucks, but is useful for finding free J1772 chargers at malls and shopping centers.

Chargepoint is pretty good too.

EVRider | June 14, 2018

Did you mean any app useful for Tesla owners, or alternatives to the Tesla mobile app? Also, did you mean mobile apps specifically, or any application? Lots of possibilities, depending on what you meant.

Jsiano | June 14, 2018

The Remote S app is a decent replacement for the Tesla app and is supposed to allow you to use an apple watch as your key (haven't figured that out yet). It also adds some GPS stuff too like a breadcrumb trail.

billlake2000 | June 14, 2018

I use "Find My Phone"

chuck | June 14, 2018

How about the Fidelity app to keep track of all the money your saving by not buying gas?

Elizabets07 | June 14, 2018

Billlake +1! My favorite, along with Find my iPad.
Still hoping for a Find my glasses.

WardT | June 15, 2018

LeRoy, These guys seem to be missing your question. There are quite a few apps out there like ToolBox, TeslaFI, etc that do much more than the Tesla app we all started with. I too would like know user’s experience with these apps. The better ones cost money, and while it is a small amount to pay for a lot of value, an app is something most people want for "free”.

gmkellogg | June 15, 2018

I was reading on a different thread there was concern that 3rd party apps could cause the battery to drain more. I'm not sure if this has been proven, but it makes you wonder if it's worth using them.

Warp Drv | June 15, 2018

@WardT: Thanks! I'm sure many people here use some of these apps. I've heard of TeslaFi and a few others, but I'm not sure if they're worthwhile.

billlake2000 | June 15, 2018

WardT, I must apologize for my joke possibly going over your head. I sometimes think I am funny, when others think I am not. Then there is the rare occasion when someone like Elizabets comes along. Most cool.