Forums

Greta Thunberg - Responds to Lies and Hate

Greta Thunberg - Responds to Lies and Hate

I guess Greta managed to strike a nerve! Good for her AND all of us!

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/02/03/response-lies-and-hate-let...

El Mirio | March 20, 2019

www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/19/school-climate-strikes-more-...

www.nypost.com/2019/02/25/companies-are-now-factoring-climate-change-int...

To all those who think climate change is a hoax, some of the largest companies in the world don't seem to think so.

El Mirio | March 21, 2019

Whale found with 88 lbs of plastic in its stomach.

www.npr.org/2019/03/18/704471596/stomach-of-dead-whale-contained-nothing...

Tesla-David | March 21, 2019

@El Mirio, your link on whale with 88 lbs of plastic in its stomach is very sobering and sad beyond belief. We have done this to our beloved planet in the short span of 70 years. Unbelievable, and should be a wakeup call that we are not being good stewards in caring for our planet. We don't have a Planet B to migrate to, and we are destroying the habitability of this planet for all lifeforms. Disgusting.

@Tesla-David It is horrifyingly sad. These kids/students should go all in with strikes to fight pollution on all levels. They are right saying, you don´t listen to academics anyways, so why bother studying anyways.

The youth advantage is that they are not depended on money yet, hope they take advantage of that in a powerful way.

blue adept | March 21, 2019

I, too, hope the children are able to keep it up but, more importantly, I hope that their concerns are heard and acted upon by our leaders inasmuch as they're literally fighting for their very lives and those of their children and their children's children...A cause most consider worth fighting for as opposed to fighting for access to some limited reservoir of the very stuff (oil) that is killing us and the environment which we need to live in today and stands to kill many more in the coming decades.

Kids are our leaders.

SCCRENDO | March 21, 2019

@el Mirio. Strongly agree

you are not manipulad, everyone is but you?

SCCRENDO | March 21, 2019

It never ceases to amaze me how the majority of the world particularly the smartest individuals are manipulated. It’s only Foxnews that refuses to be manipulated and have unearthed all the world’s conspiracies including our deep state.

Mike83 | March 21, 2019

I would say Elon was very smart when very young and here are some others. The old farts are probably just jealous and are losing their cognitive abilities. Dumb adults are common like the Climate denier clan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-smartest-kids-in-the-world-2013-4...

Tesla-David | March 22, 2019

Hey your worthless Russian Troll. Greta Thunberg and others know a hell lot more than you do you piece of pond scum! Flagged!

El Mirio | March 25, 2019

To all interested i highly recommend this Documentary

"Anthropocene: The Human Epoch" by Jennifer Baichwal and Edward Burtynsky.

Majestic images, colorful, playful and thought provoking editing. It lets the images advocate a deep rooted message for change and still let the art of cinematography shine bright.

Definitely a must watch, preferably on a big screen.

El Mirio | March 26, 2019

Up! its needed up

El Mirio | April 17, 2019

Greta in front of the EU parliament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKd1V2NgAi4

"A Message From the Future With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez"

Excellent short movie

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/17/green-new-deal-short-film-alexandria...

sabbia | April 17, 2019

Thanks for the video link El Mirio. It's telling that a lot of people hate on this.

NKYTA | April 17, 2019

Forward looking!

You are welcome @sabbia

It is also telling that our society is giving voice to our offspring within consequential forums, i see progress.

A kids voice is much more powerful then most, we are were kids once and can relate.

Bickering, best approach apparently.

Tesla-David | April 18, 2019

@El Mirio, you beat me to it. I was just going to post that same AOC link. Extremely inspiring. She is most definitely a breath of fresh air, and her enthusiasm and passion parallels Greta Thunberg. We need more young activists like her in Congress. She gives me hope that we can do something positive to address AGW!

blue adept | April 20, 2019

She is educated, intelligent, articulate, honest, compassionate, socially conscious and earnest, all attributes that are solely lacking in our government these days.

I only hope that politics doesn't ruin her and that she's able to stay true to herself.

blue adept | April 20, 2019

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that is.

El Mirio | April 20, 2019

@blue adept your post i would think attribute to Greta as well.

Uncle Paul | April 22, 2019

While most feel that our environment is affected by human existence, it is also obvious that both sides of the argument are by products of propaganda.

Deniers seem to fly in the face of pretty good data, Greta on the other hand is perhaps also guilty of fear mongering.

Few can step back and see both sides. Most are firmly entrenched in their own bias and refuse to even consider counter arguments by the other side.

Interesting to me is that while some people will feel good about refusing to use a plastic straw, yet continously will use their cell phones to access the massive electricity sucking google on a daily basis.

An I phone is tremendously more damaging to the environment than a soda straw, yet it is the straw they go after.

jimglas | April 22, 2019

One side has facts and science
The other has their beliefs

Mike83 | April 22, 2019

Awesome. Fossil fuel addicts days are numbered.

SCCRENDO | April 22, 2019

@Uncle Paul. You are guilty of false equivalence. Climate change is backed by science, denial is not based on fact but belief. No equivalence there. We need to go after plastic straws and everything else that impacts our environment. Not attacking everything aggressively is not an excuse to do nothing.

Tesla-David | April 23, 2019

uncle Greta is right to fear her future without serious action to bring our carbon emissions down. .She is not fear mongering, simply telling the truth.

blue adept | April 24, 2019

@El Mirio

Hmm, pretty much, huh?!

@Uncle Paul

As usual you are sorely mistaken/uninformed/ignorant of the facts, take your pick, but none speak well of your ability to provide accurate or informed content that might be beneficial to a conversation.

Perhaps you should try that ages old, tried and proven practice of reading (that's r-e-a-d-i-n-g) a book to provide yourself with some insight on a matter you might like to comment on before you splatter a bunch of nonsense across the screen and reveal to everyone just how miserably clueless you actually are...

Just saying.

@SCCRENDO

+1

Pages