I just ran a few tests on the Sentry Mode, to see if everything was working.
I drove to work as normal and parked. I turned on Sentry Mode before locking the car. Left the car for about an hour and went to test Sentry Mode. As soon as I approached the car (without my iPhone), the car entered Sentry Mode and started recording. After walking around the car a few times and trying the doors, I left until it stopped recording. Then I went to pull the USB drive. Here are my observations:
1. Within the TeslaCam folder, it created two folders, one called "RecentClips" and one called "SavedClips".
2. In the "SavedClips" folder, I found the recordings that showed me approaching my car and trying the door handles.
3. It records the front camera, left and right fender cameras as 3 different files, all dated with a time stamp in the file name
4. It saves clips up to 9 minutes before I approached the car! As if it's always recording (maybe into "RecentClips") and then moves them to "SavedClips" once a threat is detected.
5. It continued recording and saving clips for a minute or so after I left and stood about 6 feet away.
6. When I went to pull the USB drive to review the recording, I noticed the little red dot was not there on the camera icon, implying it was no longer recording the dash cam as normal.
7. When I looked at the files, there were no dash cam recordings at all from my commute, confirming that it was not recording the dash cam.
8. After reviewing all the files, I reformatted the drive and re-inserted it to test again.
9. After reinsertion, I had to tap the camera icon couple times to get it to have the red dot, indicating it was recording the dash cam. I moved my car forward and back a little bit.
10. Set it to Sentry mode and locked the car.
11. Approached it about 5 minutes later and the car entered Sentry Mode.
12. Pulled the drive and scanned the files.
13. Same two folders created, RecentClips and SavedClips.
14. Dash Cam recordings have returned as normal, except all 3 cameras are recording.
15. The Sentry Mode recordings were combined into the same Dash Cam Clips.
I suspect the Dash Cam clips and Sentry Mode Clips were combined due to my leaving very little time between when I parked the car and the time I triggered the Sentry Mode.
I'm surprised that the Dash cam is recording all 3 cameras, unless that also has to do with the leaving little time between when I parked and when I triggered it. I'll test the dash cam once I get home to see if it only records the front camera as it did before.