Forums

Pulling a Short Bot's shorts down

Pulling a Short Bot's shorts down

If you do the link you'll find ole Julian has one thing and only one thing on his mind — Tesla. This "guy"... or whatever it is... posted underneath a story on Electrek concerning Tesla's Full Self Driving (FSD) session today for investors. Nearly 3,000 "posts" on Disqus, they are all about Tesla and all negative.

This short's comments are typically short. I think it's a bot of some kind, kinda hard to think even a Tesla short that wears pants would be THAT dedicated to dissing Tesla. As Groucho Marx once told a contestant on "You Bet Your Life" who bragged about having nine children: "Nine children? I love my cigar but I take it out of my mouth every once in while." Groucho got away with it -- in the 1950s.

We're going to see more and more of this, folks, as various interests try to destroy business, political and other targets to influence others' thinking.

Something to remember as we move into the 2020 presidential campaign here in the U.S. Piece of advice: Verify before trusting, there's a whole lot of FUD out there. It's going to get ugly.

https://disqus.com/by/julianbook/

Tesla-David | April 23, 2019

Wow, FUDsters like this scumbag or bot are becoming so tiresome. These idiots must be unhinged in trying to promote so much hatred for Tesla. Makes me even more committed to spread the word on Tesla’s fantastic cars. Agree it is already ugly.

lar_lef | April 23, 2019

At the beginning of the 20th century, when Henry Ford was already tooling up his model T assembly line, a professional forecaster calculated on the basis of population growth and the concomitant increase in the need for transport that by 1920 New York would be seven feet deep in horse manure.

blue adept | April 24, 2019

I prefer to look at it as an indication of just how pathetically desperate ICE manufacturers and dealers, along with their fossil fuel flunkies, are growing with the increase in their efforts to frame the narrative by spewing an exhaustive litany of FUD regarding EV's pointing their realization that they, too, will soon find themselves little but fossilized remains of a bygone era.