Forums

Post Delivery Option: FSD - Anyone get new computer or enabled?

Post Delivery Option: FSD - Anyone get new computer or enabled?

I purchsed teh FDS when price dropped to 2K for a month. I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone else has had the FSD computer installer or at a minimum the FSD enabled?
Thanks

gballant4570 | June 15, 2019

FSD is listed in my account, but I have not heard about a new processor. Enabling FSD is not something anyone has to my knowledge.

M3phan | June 16, 2019

Don't think they're rolling out the upgraded chip switch yet...can't wait though!

EVRider | June 16, 2019

If you had EAP before, FSD doesn’t add anything (yet), so you would only know you have it by seeing it listed on your vehicle details page. Tesla won’t start upgrading people to HW3 until there’s a reason to.

M3phan | June 16, 2019

Yes, true. FSD on my details page, but my current EAP does all of the current features right now. I'm really looking forward to the street level NoA.

gballant4570 | June 16, 2019

I read a review of the HW3 processor this morning. While a lot of it was quite technical and over my head, I did learn a few things, and am now anticipating the time my car gets it. The review indicates that it is quite an upgrade, and likely results in the ability to deal with a much greater level of complexity.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/15/teslas-new-hw3-self-driving-compute...

M3phan | June 16, 2019

@gballant4570, thanks for the article link, that was good stuff! I too waded thru it best I could, but was impressed with the potential. I liked this paragraph regarding HW3: “the data come in through what is labeled as “Input” at a maximum rate of 2.5 billion pixels per second, which roughly equates to 21 Full HD 1080p screens at 60 frames per second. This a hell of a lot more data than the currently installed sensors create.”
Cool.

repstein1952 | June 16, 2019

Last week, Governor Ron DeSantis signed a new state law that will allow driver-less cars on all roads in Florida. The law goes into effect next month. The law will allow cars with no one behind the wheel-and empty of any passengers as well- to operate if the vehicle is equipped with a fully autonomous driving system. Does anyone think that this new law will spur Tesla to begin outfitting all vehicles in the fleet with the FSD software required for level V autonomy?