Forums

Rear defroster not working

Rear defroster not working

My rear window got cracked and I had it replaced by Tesla last week. This morning there was some dew on my rear window so I tried the defroster and it didn't work. I left it on for 10 minutes and not a thing. Does anyone know where it hooks up? I would imagine they just left it unhooked.

mknewman | June 18, 2019

Ok, so to answer my own question it appears it does not work unless the temp is < 75. I won't be able to verify this for a while.

marym23 | June 18, 2019

My rear window got cracked in April and I've been waiting for it on back-order. They disconnected by rear defroster to make sure the crack didn't spread but it still has. Now where it started at the bottom where all the wires connect to defroster, it goes completely up the rear window. The SC might have forgotten to reconnect your defroster. BTW, how long did it take for you to get your new window? It's been 2 months and they told me Friday, it's still on back order. I have a feeling someone forgot to order it.

marym23 | June 18, 2019

Also, it's hooked up on the driver's side of the back seat in the headliner. I watched the guy unhook mine. He pulled the trim off above the window and traced it back to where it connects into all the wiring.

lbowroom | June 18, 2019

I don't see how disconnecting the defroster would have any effect on the proliferation of a crack any more than saying a few Hail Marys or clicking your heals together 3 times. The glass is going to heat cycle and crack further anyway. I wonder if backorders vary by region. I can't imagine it takes that long for a replacement nationwide. Perhaps there's a local personnel problem or glitch in the ordering process.

marym23 | June 18, 2019

Well @lbowroom I'd agree with you but 3 different service people at the Portland SC think otherwise. I have no idea what the problem is but my love affair with Tesla is hitting the skids! I realize that they are trying to get as many cars out the door before Q2 but a cracked window from April to June is crazy. I feel like I'm driving a POS as it's there every time I look in my rear view mirror. I've been so close to filing a complaint with the BBB as I don't know what to do next. Also, if it takes this long for a piece of glass, I can't imagine how long it'll take if I'm in a minor fender bender. Since I'm part of their advertising $$, I'd think maybe they should put a little effort into this matter. Just my 2 cents worth on my $57,000 car.

lordmiller | June 18, 2019

How did your back window crack?

jweiner | June 18, 2019

I have imperfections in the rear window tinting for which Tesla will be replacing my rear window. I sure hope I don't have to wait two months for a rear window.

lbowroom | June 18, 2019

Mary,

I sympathize with you. After 2 months I'd be angry too. However, the cracked window doesn't significantly affect performance of your car and your perception that it's a piece of shit isn't shared by most people driving by.

Your view that expensive cars should have better supply chain for replacement parts is actually upside down. it's the econo-boxes that get cranked out by the millions that have quick supply chain. True exotics are far more prone to having to wait for parts.

I always roll my eyes when people fall back to, "for all the money I spent..." "Cars that cost half the price..." etc.

marym23 | June 18, 2019

@ibowroom, the fact that Tesla no longer responds to my questions regarding when I can expect the repair is really what I was talking about. As for expensive cars and their supply line, I can only speak to my BMW Roadster. I had NO problems with anything for the 13 years I owned that care. And this is an American made car so I’m not sure why the wait for a piece of glass. Supposably they are making 1000 cars a day so I think they can find some glass. Tesla just doesn’t follow through at any level. Sorry that you have to “roll your eyes” but this isn’t the way for Tesla to sustain longevity.