Forums

Backup camera problem

Backup camera problem

Our 2017 S90 backup camera stopped working. Everything else is ok. We are on 2019-20.2.1. Tesla online was unable to fix it so a ranger service visit is scheduled. Have others had this problem: the screen may show a one-second picture but then the screen goes blank (black)?

And there used to be an icon at the top of the screen representing a lens. With that you could have backup picture in top or bottom half or even full screen. I don’t know when, but that icon is now gone.

EVRider | July 16, 2019

Try rebooting and see if that helps.

The UI changed when Tesla rolled out V9 last October. The icon to show the backup camera is now accessed via the application launcher at the bottom of the touchscreen. What version were you using before 2019.20.2.1?

Sailfast | July 16, 2019

..>EVRider. We loaded 2019.20.1 on 6/13 and 20.2.1 on 6/23. I try to keep track of these dates. The problem may be limited to our one Tesla.

Sailfast | July 16, 2019

..>EVRider. We loaded 2019.20.1 on 6/13 and 20.2.1 on 6/23. I try to keep track of these dates. The problem may be limited to our one Tesla.

EVRider | July 16, 2019

There could be a hardware issue if rebooting doesn’t help, but search the forum to see what others are reporting (search tips here: https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search).

Regarding the UI change, apparently it just took you 9 months to notice. :-)