Forums

"USB Drive Full" persists even after clearing the drive?

"USB Drive Full" persists even after clearing the drive?

I have a USB drive plugged in with Sentry Mode enabled. After some time I got the "USB Drive Full" message which is understandable. The problem is that I removed ALL the videos (TeslaCam folder is now blank) but the message does not go away and it does not record Sentry Mode videos. I have tried removing/inserting the drive several times. Any ideas?

jimglas | August 13, 2019

get a new high speed drive

Magic 8 Ball | August 13, 2019

Several ideas. You should have at least two separate folders on the drive. Delete all folders and create a new TeslaCam folder. Next try would be a reformat of drive, third try is different drive. Last try is Lemon Law.

terminator9 | August 13, 2019

hmm, you think the slow speed is causing the issue where the car thinks the drive is full but it is not?

Joho.keith | August 13, 2019

Reformat the drive.

hokiegir1 | August 13, 2019

Did you empty your computer's trash while the drive was plugged in? I've heard on some, that's needed. Alternately, try a reformat instead of just deleting.

Xerogas | August 13, 2019

@hokiegir1: "Did you empty your computer's trash while the drive was plugged in? I've heard on some, that's needed. Alternately, try a reformat instead of just deleting."
------
This ^^^

Zztops | August 13, 2019

As others have said, empty the trash. Almost always necessary if you are doing this on a mac. Most of the time this is not needed on a PC, but not always.

I'm assuming you already removed the drive from the mac/pc. If so, a reformat will be the best route.

M3BlueGeorgia | August 13, 2019

You have to "empty trash".

Otherwise the files are still there, just marked as deleted, and still filling up the space.

cybergrafx | August 13, 2019

I've had the same issue with my Scandisk 3.0 flashdrives. I found that I have to reformat the drive every time because deleting and emptying the trash caused the errors. I also found that reformatting on a MAC caused issued so I reformat on a PC every time. No issues since.
I recently bought a second drive so I can swap them when one gets full. The write over feature only works with recent video so after a week a 32GB drive fills up with saved video from sentry mode and stops recording. 64GB lasts about two weeks.