Forums

New design for Model S vehicle page in My Tesla

New design for Model S vehicle page in My Tesla

I noticed today that when you click the Manage link for your Model S in My Tesla, the vehicle page now matches the design of the Model 3 vehicle page, which is a good thing. Among other things, there's a Vehicle Details link that will list your options and links to various documents.

In my case, the vehicle details list doesn't include Full Self Driving Capability, even though I purchased it in December, and I now have the option to buy FSD for $3,000. I don't know if this is a temporary glitch, but I reported the problem to Tesla.

I assume the Model X page was also redesigned, but I don't own one so I can't verify that.

TeslaTap.com | August 22, 2019

Yep, noticed the same thing today. In the View Details I also get "Full Self-Driving Capability", which is true, but I also bought FSD. Not worried, as the prior web layout never indicated purchased FSD either.

EVRider | August 22, 2019

In the prior web version, the option to buy FSD disappeared after I bought it, so I assumed it was added to my car. I didn’t get the e-mail about upgrading from EAP to FSD for $3,000, another sign that they think I already have it. My wife’s Model 3 vehicle details page does show FSD.

This might have something to do with the fact that I bought FSD via the Service Center rather than ordering online.

2015P90DI | August 22, 2019

I posted on this very subject a few days ago. Double check your paperwork to make sure you actually paid for FSD. Our car was supposed to have, was in the quote for the car, then somehow got removed in the final paperwork. Didn't catch it when signing as they rush you in and out the door, but after checking the paperwork, the price ended up being $3,000 less than the quote. So went ahead an bought it.

p.c.mcavoy | August 22, 2019

There are several pieces of information that used to be available which I no longer see, or do not seem to be reflected fully as far as I can tell.

I have a 2016 MS90D, so of the vintage where unlimited supercharging would transfer to a new owner. It simply says unlimited supercharging with no reference to ability to transfer.

I also purchased the maintenance agreement. That document is no longer included and not included with my purchase agreements.

The copy of the new vehicle limited warranty is a document that states effective as of Jan 2019. I’ve not compared it to my saved copy from when I actually purchased, but I’d expect that the document that actually is in effect for my car would be the terms when purchased, not something that has since been changed/modified.

Also see no link that would allow me to purchase the extended service agreement if I wanted.

All of the documents that used to be in my account related to how to install charging equipment, etc., no longer appears.

So when you say there’s a link to vehicle documents, it’s only a partial list of what I’d consider to be relevant, important, documents.

@2015P90DI: I purchased FSD for my Model S shortly after taking delivery in December. I would have purchased it when ordering the car for $3,000, but they removed that option months earlier, so the only option was to buy it post-delivery for $5,000. I contacted my local service center (West Palm Beach FL) and made a case that I should be able to buy it for $3,000, and they agreed and charged my credit card $3,000 (plus tax). They also e-mailed an invoice for the purchase, so I have proof. The option to buy was gone from my account, so I’m sure it was added.

I suspect the fact the my account doesn’t show FSD is because of how I purchased it. For my wife’s Model 3, we purchased online when Tesla offered it for $2,000 back in February. I submitted a support request from my account to report the issue, so we’ll see what they have to say about it (if anything).

@p.c.mcavoy: I agree, many of the documents that were there before are missing. For the “how to” documents I think they want you to use the support articles and videos (which you can get to from My Tesla), but anything specific to your purchase should still be there. I have an annual 400kWh supercharging credit, but no sign of that on the new page. I’m not sure where the supercharging history will be displayed either.

Silver2K | August 22, 2019

Under options I have "no battery performance" listed....

FINE! :)

Bighorn | August 22, 2019

My recent FSD purchase showed up on my page.

2015P90DI | August 22, 2019

My dad's shows up after we purchased it a couple of weeks ago.

I had pointed it out only for those that might have thought they had it, but really didn't, as was the case on my dad's car, that they could at least take advantage of the currently discounted pricing. So even if you didn't get it when you thought you did, you're able to now thanks to the price reduction, without being penalized for not getting it at the time you purchased the car. Of course the $2,000 option a few months ago was nicer. I took advantage of it on one of my other cars. From $7,000 to $2,000 was a no-brainer at that time.

I also was pointing it out as prices were "supposed" to go up on 08/16, but as is typical with Tesla, things change on a daily basis. Also, it was expected that Advanced summon and some other features would be released only to those with FSD, but that too was delayed, as should have been expected. The positive to the delay is it gives people more time to get in at the reduced price. But as of today, FSD still offers nothing over what current EAP owners have.

Tldickerson | August 22, 2019

I don't see where I have the PAID extra 4 year extended warranty. It use to show up before. I just went over 50,000 miles this morning. Sure hope I don't have any problem if something comes up. Maybe I should contact my service rep and see what he says.

p.c.mcavoy | August 23, 2019

I wonder if the process of porting over all the old documents to the new format is simply something that's taking some time. Just checked again this morning and have a few more of historical documents that have shown up, things like the original proof of insurance from when purchased 3 years ago, etc. However, other key documents like any record of my purchased 4 year maintenance plan or any reference to my unlimited supercharging being transferrable are still not included.

SnoR | August 23, 2019

I get the WRONG vintage and color on the main page (older blue S), but when I click on Manage I see my newer gray S (weird). I also don't show my 400KWh credits anywhere, as I still had 360-something left. =/ Also don't have the option to buy AP anymore.

Yodrak. | August 23, 2019

Under Options I show No Battery Performance and Full Self-Driving Capability. I bought the FSD during the brief period when it was available for $2,000 for cars that had Enhanced Auto Pilot.

Under Interior I show No Premium Interior and Cream Premium Interior. The latter is correct.

It seems to me, from what I see on my View Details page and the reports in this thread, the new View Details page is buggy.

steveg1701 | August 24, 2019

@SnoR I have the same issue with the older blue car, no big deal. The supercharge info has moved, click on the history link to get at it!

dsteal | August 24, 2019

Hmm. I also no longer see the Extended Warranty information on my car. All I see is the standard 4-year 50K miles. Uh oh. I hope that's a mistake. Or Tesla will give me a reason to buy a new car sooner than I thought.

EVRider | August 29, 2019

Update on my missing FSD option: After using the Request Help link to report the issue — twice — I finally got a response from Tesla. They had no record of my FSD purchase, so I had to send them an invoice. Once I did, they confirmed that my car does in fact have FSD and the problem is on the web site, and will be fixed (for me anyway) within 48 hours.

Yodrak. | August 29, 2019

"fixed (for me anyway) within 48 hours."

Let us know if that happens.

crunch | August 30, 2019

Same problems here , missing 4 year warranty docs and warranty terms have been replaced with a 2019 version , not legal as warranty terms are applied at time of purchase and cannot be changed after fact.

fly n lo | August 30, 2019

My 2016 S75D details are missing my pano roof and tan interior options I have. I guess it is a first cut at the new My Tesla page and hopefully will be corrected in the next revision to the page database. My prior documents were messed up when I first got the car new and I tried to get them to correct the errors but they never followed up on that. May be wishful thinking as there so many Teslas on the road now it is a continually moving target.

I was planning to buy the 4 year extended warranty and hope that comes back.

EVRider | August 30, 2019

@Yodrak: The vehicle details still show EAP rather than FSD, but I no longer have the option to buy FSD so they’re making progress.

1tallblonde | August 30, 2019

I was never offered FSD at $3,000. It was $6,000 when I ordered on August 12. Still waiting for Vin. They said it should take 2 weeks. I ordered White with White interior. EVRider when did you order yours and what design?

reed_lewis | August 30, 2019

I have a late 2016 Blue model S which shows up correctly, but also says "No Battery Performance" and shows nothing about an extended warranty purchased either.

I also cannot see the T&C for the extended warranty. I should have saved that locally.

EVRider | August 30, 2019

“No Battery Performance” showed up for me too shortly after the redesign, don’t know what it means.

PrescottRichard | August 30, 2019

I was guessing that just meant you don’t have a P car. Odd way to put it, I see it as well with my 90D.

Silver2K | September 1, 2019

No battery performance is for non ludicrous vehicles

lars.thorn | September 7, 2019

The layout of my account page on tesla.com has changed completely for my Model S. I also see the blue car, however my car is black? All my upgrade options are gone as well?

lars.thorn | September 15, 2019

It's somewhat restored now. However some options still missing.