Forums

Will V10 bring Premium Connectivity to SR+ Owners?

Will V10 bring Premium Connectivity to SR+ Owners?

Fingers crossed! I've been vigorously tweeting EM about Premium Connectivity for SR+ owners. They really should have hammered out this stuff before offering the SR/SR+ especially considering most SR/SR+ deliveries came with premium connectivity that was pulled with hours or days of delivery.

Thoughts/ Opinions welcome!

cjh6793 | September 16, 2019

I completely agree - been eagerly awaiting this option to be added to my SR+. Take my money! There has been no mention of it, despite many tweets to Tesla/EM about it.

Buzzkill | September 16, 2019

It really is silly that an option that is to be subscription based is not available to SR/SR+ owners.

lbowroom | September 16, 2019

The subscription portion hasn't been rolled out or offered to anyone.

TeslaTap.com | September 16, 2019

I suspect the subscription system and upgrades are not connected to V10. Early V10 reports do not talk about it, but one never knows :)

djvoorhees | September 16, 2019

No - V10 doesn't appear to have this from what Ive seen. It's odd that Tesla is worried about video games rather than a potential income stream.

pjwheeler83 | September 16, 2019

To be fair, nobody with the SR+ configuration has gotten V10 yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Premium Connectivity package will be offered with the new software.

Considering the browser is only available through premium connectivity I can only imagine the YouTube/ Netflix features would only be available with PC. I really hope this isn't the case but I can't for the life of me understand why they don't either offer PC to SR/SR+ owners or do like they did with all other models of late and give us 1 year of free PC till they work out the subscription terms.

jamespompi | September 17, 2019

Why? its basically the only thing that distinguishes the "Premium upgrade package" that was 7k anymore

2brian.fritsch | September 20, 2019

I too think this should be offered. It seems that a de-featured sat-nav unit is really not that much of a differentiator. Candidly, the sound system, battery size, and single motor are the meat and potatoes between SR+ to levels above.

Wake up Tesla!! You are missing the $$$! Most SR+ owners would pay a reasonable cost for color maps and other "premium connectivity" features - Lord knows that you have the ecommerce backbone to just ask for a credit card, bill, and enable - should be simple.

While we are moaning.... let me throw in...Upgrade kit for sound system? Wake up Tesla $$$
i
Also, I am hoping that std autopilot gets benefits from the V10 update. Overall, I must admit that I am 100% impressed with the AP that came std with my SR+ (June '19) - use it every day with "Trust but Verify" caution. However, it has gaps that are safety risks.... fix them please.

I am 100% excited about self-driving, but there's no way I'm throwing $5-6k for vaporware. Again.... WAKE UP Tesla - charge a reasonable subscription and you'd get better adoption.... $250-500 year????

Not really griping...more like passionate advise from someone that has spent his entire career in technology marketing....back to writing about 3D Printing....cheers!

rajan900 | September 20, 2019

Been asked many times before.
Being harsh.....if you wanted premium connectivity you should have purchased the full premium version. One of the reasons why there is such a difference in price

pjwheeler83 | September 21, 2019

@rajan900 Thats the point! I may not have purchased the full premium package but minus an extra sub and a couple speakers everything is already in the car. Plenty of us SR+ owners would be more than willing to pay a one time premium upgrade to get the rest of the premium interior installed as well as paying a yearly/monthly fee for premium connectivity services. Trust me, if I could have afforded a P3D+ I wouldnt be posting right now.

2brian.fritsch | September 21, 2019

The reality is that people buy differing tiers of products for various reasons. Personally, I’m paying cash for our daughters college - big deterrent to buying a $50k car. So the SR+ was the best option. Even traditional car manufacturers offer upgrades to stereo, body effects, wheels, etc after purchase - all with incredible gross margins for the manufacturer. I realize that Tesla is still a fledgling tech company and thus their scope is limited to provide many aftermarket services or products - software should be a lay-up.

To those that feel providing a subscription option to SR+ owners will infringe upon their premium purchase - I say fear not! You still paid for a larger battery, improved sound, and all-wheel drive... don’t be a hater for people asking for a software service - it doesn’t demean the value of the car you bought - thanks for listening.

Jodi3734 | September 28, 2019

I’m not sure if it is permanent but V10 uploaded to my SR+ last night and I now have Premium Connectivity. We watched Netflix this morning in the grocery store parking lot.

I read something yesterday that the new features will work with WiFi but I drove around town with Spotify working perfectly.

raqball | September 28, 2019

I’m not sure if it is permanent but V10 uploaded to my SR+ last night and I now have Premium Connectivity. We watched Netflix this morning in the grocery store parking lot.
I read something yesterday that the new features will work with WiFi but I drove around town with Spotify working perfectly.
---------------------------------
Do you also have live traffic?

That's really the only thing I care about re: premium connectivity and I'd pay a monthly, yearly or one time lifetime fee for it...

wiscy67 | September 28, 2019

@Jodi3734 did you buy FSD? I'm wondering if those SR+ owners who purchased FSD are being prioritized for V10.

I have FSD. I believe those without FSD will have their roll out next week.

I do not have colored maps or live traffic. I also did not get my speakers updated. So technically not full Premium Connectivity. But I am enjoying all the new features nonetheless!

frank | September 28, 2019

I too would like to subscribe, but I need to get my car first - still waiting.

Pound | October 1, 2019

It seems pretty clear to me it's just a matter of time before this is rolled out to all cars...As per FAQ: "Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year"