Forums

How long are the referral miles valid?

How long are the referral miles valid?

Are they valid for 6 months from the date of delivery or are they valid indefinitely?

MAB1980 | September 20, 2019

“ Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.”

numrich | September 20, 2019

hmm, first I am ever hearing of this issue? I received 5K supercharger miles 4 plus months ago and I do not recall ever any mention of these expiring? I would have needed to charge nearly exclusively on superchargers to redeem that much in 6 months. Any chance this is something new, and would not apply to say May deliveries?

Maxxer | September 21, 2019

Since 2018, It's illegal in Canada to make any promotional points with an expiry date. I wonder if this lists under the same catgory. Now Aeroplan and Airmiles cannot expire, wonder why they would make Teslamiles different.

apodbdrs | September 21, 2019

@MAB1980 is correct! @numrich, you probably didn't go far enough into the details of the referral program, because the six month expiration was there four months ago, I referred two for 5,000 miles each and read the details. It also discussed in this forum.

EVRider | September 21, 2019

@Maxxer: Free supercharging miles are not earned in the same way as airline miles or hotel points, so it’s likely Tesla can determine when they expire even in Canada. Can any Canadians here confirm this?