Forums

V10 update issue

V10 update issue

Is V10 update a bunch of little downloads?  My X keeps saying software is downloading, and the progress bar gets to the end and then starts again, and again, again... and now after a few hours of that, it does not even show any update available?

rm760 | September 27, 2019

sounds like you would benefit from a reboot. Hold both steering wheels in while applying the brake and do so till the screens go black. Then release.

SCCRENDO | September 27, 2019

You probably don’t have a strong enough internet connection.

jdeskins | September 27, 2019

I had same issue earlier this morning. Kept retrying the same download. Not sure if Tesla temporarily pulled the release or if it was me disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting - but the car stopped the download attempts and just said "Checking for updates..." Around 5pm this evening got notification on my phone that update was available and it installed with no issues.

Tesla-David | September 28, 2019

off topic troll flagged!

SCCRENDO | September 28, 2019

Had my 12 V battery replaced and it downloaded immediately. The summon works but it is a bit crude. I tried it on the side streets of a quite neighborhood. The car came to but ends up in the middle of the road and not next to the sidewalk. Netflix is great and works only when parked. Spotify is also a big plus but you need a premium account which I have.

nukequazar | September 28, 2019

@SCCRENDO, it doesn't work on public roads. What's the deal?

c.corbett | September 28, 2019

v10 updated and now I have a few issues. Two updates were downloaded, both said failed but it says it's on the new version anyway.
A really loud beeping that I have traced to the proximity sensor. In my garage as I am pulling out it's so loud it's almost painful.
Summon no longer works and smart summon does nothing but say 'Warming up'.
It appears that the car now turns off sometimes instead of going to sleep. When I get it it does not automatically wake up and the Tesla logo is on the screen as it boots.

Anyone else seeing any of this?

rickpaquin | September 28, 2019

I just received the V10 update. I noticed additional options, such as entertainment. The only option under entertainment was Arcade. There was no Theater tab. I rebooted and now at the bottom is just shows Spotify. No more Entertainment. Also, and this has been true on every update, the "whats new" screen is always blank. I have to go out to Tesla's site to see what the update includes. The web browser doesn't work, just a blank screen. I have a full signal WIFI with the router in the room overhead. Also, when I read the Tesla description of the update, my impression was that Spotify was included. The only option I have is to login. Is anyone else having issues?

SCCRENDO | September 28, 2019

I know it is not meant for public roads. But these are quiet isolated neighborhood roads do I tried it. I am nervous about using it in shopping malls. As regards finding Netflix. Pull up the games and there is an option at the top to switch to entertainment

allensasphalt | September 29, 2019

My phone was helping me with hot spot. then lost signal and mine just stopped halfway through the green download line is halfway across Thanks,
Allen

hrishi29 | October 3, 2019

I first connected via weak hotspot signal and the v10 download not only failed but also disappeared completely. Managed to connect home WiFi successfully and called Tesla customer service in the UK from my car. They could see download had failed so the person pushed again and it’s downloading now. Fingers crossed!

I first connected via weak hotspot signal and the v10 download not only failed but also disappeared completely. Managed to connect home WiFi successfully and called Tesla customer service in the UK from my car. They could see download had failed so the person pushed again and it’s downloading now. Fingers crossed!

Just an update - the car has now successfully updated to v10. Amazing features!!

robmiles | October 3, 2019

Just updated my model S and found out that Smart Summon is only available in the US.

bgoggin | October 3, 2019

The homelink mobile app feature doesn't work for me on iOS 13.1.3. When I press the homelink button in controls, it tells me there's no homelink garage door nearby when my car is in the garage. However, it works fine on the car's screen. Has anyone gotten it to work?

EVRider | October 4, 2019

@bgoggin: Do you have more than one HomeLink device programmed in your car?

bgoggin | October 4, 2019

@EVRider: No, only my garage door. It's the only HomeLink device I have.

EVRider | October 5, 2019

@bgoggin: Try rebooting the car. Also, check the car’s location in the app to see if it knows the car is in your garage.

alho828 | October 8, 2019

rickpaquin, I'm having the same issue. Did your issues get resolved?

jaschlad | October 21, 2019

I have a 2014 Model S 85. It took about an hour and a half to complete the install of v10. Since the install I've only had a few issues.

1. Spotify crashed hard a few times.
2. Cell phone blue tooth connectivity issues. Just drops connection and starts using the Tesla Radio.
3. Car Battery life seems to be draining a lot faster now. Normally I would charge to 235 Miles after my normal driving routine I would get home with about 100 miles left on the battery. Now when I get home its upper 70's low 80's.

TeslaTap.com | October 21, 2019

@jaschlad - Not sure about 1 & 2, but on 3, could it be the weather is getting colder? That could easily explain the difference. Rain/Snow would also have a noticeable effect on the range.

kkurner | October 21, 2019

Was just informed by Tesla that 2018 and older Tesla’s will not get all the new stuff with 10. I think that sucks! You spend 130K on a car 3 years ago, you should get whatever the upgrade has to offer. Not cool.

NKYTA | October 21, 2019

Yeah, no. @kkurner

I have a 2012 Model S, and you are just blowing smoke.

Probably over a hundred OTA updates in the life of the 2012 car.

My 2018 3 has all the sensors, cameras and chips.

You either paid for what you got, or, quite honestly you are not worth a post on this board.

grins.va | October 22, 2019

Apple is refusing to update the software on my iPhone 6. Such is life and business.

TeslaTap.com | October 22, 2019

@kkurner - You can get much of the new "stuff" if you are willing to upgrade your hardware. Unlike every other automaker, Tesla provides hardware upgrades. For example, if you want the new NetFlix feature, just upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2 and you'll get it along with a number of other features. Now, that upgrade is not cheap (maybe $2500), but it is available.

Perhaps you've never owned a computer or phone? These are constantly getting hardware improvements and related software every year. Older devices don't have the hardware for new features, so it's not possible to get software features that rely on the newer hardware.

Now if you're upset that Tesla makes an improvement to their cars, you might be more satisfied with the traditional dealer model where there are no upgrades unless you buy a new car. I think most Tesla owners are quite happy that they get a continuous stream of new features, even those who bought back in 2012.

sharila06 | October 26, 2019

Downloaded v10 update and installed. Model 3 now seems to have all features related to update (cuphead, spotify, karaoke, etc). But car still shows 'navigation update' available. And i can download it again ?? Is that normal?

sharila06 | October 26, 2019

Downloaded v10 update and installed. Model 3 now seems to have all features related to update (cuphead, spotify, karaoke, etc). But car still shows 'navigation update' available. And i can download it again ?? Is that normal?

TranzNDance | October 26, 2019

@TT, is it truly as simple as "just upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2"? There seems to be a debate on whether it is possible to upgrade even if owners threw money at Tesla. Do you have citation that one could upgrade the MCU that's not a tweet from Elon?

EVRider | October 27, 2019

@sharila06: Navigation updates are separate from firmware updates, so that’s normal.

TeslaTap.com | October 27, 2019

@TranzNDance - Perhaps not as easy as I suggested (MCU1 to MCU2), and clearly costly! I've not done it myself, nor will I - the cost to benefit ratio seems very low. I also don't have confirmation the retrofit option is available yet, but I think it is now.

CHENNARAO.PY | November 16, 2019

not able uo update to v10 on my model s 2018. even on strong wifi but not able to start download

mkellner24 | November 25, 2019

Just got a model 3 last week but still on v9, no ability to update to v10 and customer service says it's still being rolled out. Other people still waiting for V10 or just me?