Forums

Spotify Profile associated to Tesla Driver Profile

Spotify Profile associated to Tesla Driver Profile

Thanks for the Spotify integration. I'm hoping for associating a Spotify account per Tesla Driver profile so I can enjoy the benefits of my library being available in Tesla and more importantly so Spotify won't stop playing on my devices when my wife is driving the car and I'm not in it.

When I initially tested I associated my Spotify login with the car to my Tesla profile. I tested and confirmed that Spotify will only play on one device at a time...pressing play on either device halts the other. This would be fine because I'm in the car and I don't need the phone and car to both play music.

I switched over to my wife's Tesla Profile and the same behavior was observed. I could play music on only one device. Not to mention, it is my library that she would see which is not her preference since she listens to her own music and podcasts.

My Undesirable Solution:

I created a Spotify Family Member for my Tesla and associated it to the car. I had to do this with my house music system, but that makes sense since the home is a shared resource that may listen to Spotify when neither of us our home. The car is guaranteed to have one of us driving it and we wish to have our personalized experience.

My Desired Solution:

Associate a Spotify account per Tesla profile, just like my seat settings and many other preferences in the Tesla console. Whichever profile is chosen on the console, that is the Spotify account used guaranteed to not have device conflict. During setup, Tesla could keep it the same, but have an "apply to all" profiles by default. If unchecked, the Spotify account would associate to the current Tesla profile. Switching over to another Tesla profile, the Spotify account would not be associated and would allow me to enter my wife's profile.

The end result:
* a personalized Spotify experience in the Tesla
* no device conflicts because the person driving
* no need to use a family member slot

Tesla product managers, designers and engineers are smart so of course you thought of this and perhaps even have it on the road map, but getting Spotify v1 out the door is faster as initially delivered in Tesla v10. I post this to confirm that to take advantage of why so many of us enjoy using Spotify for our entertainment provider, we'll need to see the Tesla Profile <--> Spotify Profile association.

Cheers,

Aaron
2016-2019 Model S
2019-current Model 3

clebert.suconic | October 3, 2019

+1

ashconlivingston | October 9, 2019

Please, this!

afridman | October 11, 2019

Sounds like a great idea to me.

afridman | October 11, 2019

Sounds like a great idea to me.

jim | October 11, 2019

+1
You should tweet your suggestion to Elon.

stein | October 13, 2019

+1

atte | October 15, 2019

+1

edwinjwood3rd | October 22, 2019

+1

synfendia | October 23, 2019

+1

richard | October 27, 2019

+1. Having just interrupted my wife's listening in the car for the nth time I've just implemented the Undesirable Solution, and copied my playlist over, but that does mean I need to keep in sync. Currently, the only other solution is to buy a second Tesla...

laurent.duveau | October 27, 2019

+1

rxlawdude | October 27, 2019

+1

nmsullivan | November 13, 2019

+1, definitely.

aende | November 20, 2019

+1

calvin940 | November 20, 2019

The family subscription is the configuration to accomplish what you want.

Your desired option violates the Spotify single account T & C which is one account, one device at a time so that won't likely happen ever.

The option that is realistic would be for Tesla to incorporate the offline sync feature within the application and thus you could sync music to your Tesla like you can with other devices. If I were you, I would tweet that one.

Mike UpNorth_ | November 20, 2019

@calvin I disagree. Wife listens to Slacker. I listen to Spotify. I want her key to start up Slack and mine to open up Spotify.

its a MINOR inconvenience but hopefully OTA someday.

calvin940 | November 20, 2019

@Mike UpNorth_ | November 20, 2019
@calvin I disagree. Wife listens to Slacker. I listen to Spotify. I want her key to start up Slack and mine to open up Spotify.
------------------
While I was only talking about Spotify single account, multi-device simultaneous use, I think I misread what the OP wanted anyhow. OP wants to have Tesla driver profile linked to the individuals Spotify account (ie already multifamily and therefore each account can play on it's own device).

I think customizing logins in general per Tesla profile (netflix, youtube, slacker, spotify) should be something that Tesla supports down the road.

Mike UpNorth_ | November 20, 2019

agreed!

Charles Lee | December 9, 2019

+1

perrykino33 | December 10, 2019

+1